Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Range Rover Evoque Unleashed - Cardiff (including black wheels)
tmvmedia

Range Rover Evoque Unleashed - Cardiff (including black wheels)

Hello

As you seemed to like my last set of photos from the last Evoque event, I thought I should share my latest outing..

This afternoon, I was at St david's Hotel, Cardiff Bay, at the latest Range Rover Evoque Unleashed Event.

Went for a 50 min drive on the roads, tested it out on a terrapod set up, had a reasonably nice meal & then home.

Photos:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/tmv_media/s...450115548/

Video to follow, once I've chopped it a bit.

We had the petrol Si4 Dynamic 3dr. Was fun. Nicely responsive, but rather thirsty. Although we weren't driving it for economy!

I'd love to buy one. I'd go for 3 door, black, black wheels, pure or dynamic (don't like the exhausts on the prestige) & the diesel (unless I win the lottery, in which case I'll have the petrol & then get brooklands to have a play with it).

The glass panoramic roof is very nice when one is in the back set, but as a driver, I preferred it with the blind closed.
(This post was last modified: 16-08-2011 10:37pm by tmvmedia.)
16-08-2011 10:36pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mark_n

RE: Range Rover Evoque Unleashed - Cardiff (including black wheels)

"Rather thirsty". How thirsty?

Not sure why anyone is worrying about the cost of fuel in the Evoque. The depreciation over 3 years will dominate the running costs of the car.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
16-08-2011 11:32pm
cjfp

Aren't Prestige exhausts the same as Pure, with Dynamic being the 'different' one?

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
17-08-2011 06:54am
tmvmedia

(16-08-2011 11:32pm)mark_n Wrote:  "Rather thirsty". How thirsty?

Not sure why anyone is worrying about the cost of fuel in the Evoque. The depreciation over 3 years will dominate the running costs of the car.

As I say, we weren't on an ecomical drive. We were testing out things like the kickdown, acceleration at various bands and having a fun drive.

Most of the time it was in the teens.
(17-08-2011 06:54am)cjfp Wrote:  Aren't Prestige exhausts the same as Pure, with Dynamic being the 'different' one?

According to the Land Rover experience main chap, the pure and dynamic are the same. Will look on net and check.
(This post was last modified: 17-08-2011 08:08am by tmvmedia.)
17-08-2011 08:06am
SebM

(17-08-2011 08:06am)tmvmedia Wrote:  
(16-08-2011 11:32pm)mark_n Wrote:  "Rather thirsty". How thirsty?

As I say, we weren't on an ecomical drive. We were testing out things like the kickdown, acceleration at various bands and having a fun drive.

Most of the time it was in the teens.

So... how the Si4 "works" ? Acceleration and torque feeling ?? I want all detail about this motor...

Actually : '04 Lotus Elise Mk2 111 & '11 Land Rover Defender 90 SW RAW
(This post was last modified: 17-08-2011 08:13am by SebM.)
17-08-2011 08:13am
Charlie
No Longer Registered

Lovely quality pics tmv, can tell you're in the trade, photography that is Very Happy

The b/w photo makes the black wheels look stunning and the grey we can't have even more so!
17-08-2011 08:41am
ant

It's such a shame all those vehicles, as well as the press cars will be crushed in a few months time. No end of spare parts available there! Enough to convert a couple of Evoques into Prestige with Dynamic interiors and Dynamic with Prestige interiors...... as well as some spare wheels for winter/offroad tyres. Damn!
ANT

Prestige, 5 dr, SD4 Auto, Firenze, Lux, Ambience, Adaptive Dynamics, (+other options).
Current cars: Evoque: 1972 Stag: 2008 C4 Grand Picasso x 2: 2004 Defender 110: LDV flatbed (for moving the Stag)
Gone: Aston Martin DB9Crying, RRS, FFRR x 5, Classic Minis x loads, 1987 Defender 110.
17-08-2011 04:26pm
ant

LaughingShocked
(This post was last modified: 17-08-2011 04:27pm by ant.)
17-08-2011 04:26pm
barbarad

Depreciate by how much is the theory over 3years ????

Very Happy Fuji White Coupe SD4 * Panoramic Roof, Ebony Lining, Parking Aid Front, Privacy Glass, Puddle Lamps, Front Fog Lamps, Mat, Flaps, Treadplates.Arrow
17-08-2011 08:05pm
MW73

Great day in Cardiff today on the unleashed event. Good drive time and we found the car to be better than expected to drive. Took out the SD4 which I'd say was quick but not fast, but nippy enough for day to day use! Having the flappy paddles is good and they are very responsive if you want to have some driver input! We found the sat nav to be really good aswell, very accurate when your approaching junctions and clear directions. Liked the driving position and feel of the car overall especially with the pan roof as out in daylight, on an average day, it realy made the car light and airy, a must have I'd say! The only slight negative was the size of the boot which I thought would have been bigger, although we could fit our buggabo pram in there with room for a few bags but not much else! Verdict, very pleased Very Happy
17-08-2011 09:02pm