Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Rattles!
m_101

Rattles!

Ok so haven't started a thread here before but been here since I got my Evoque in December. Hello!
So mine just went into local dealer (Taggarts Maryhill, now Lookers group) to get a few issues sorted out.
Rattles: One at the passenger side A pillar - apparently there is a rattle kit available for this which has been ordered from LR but is on back order - so will need to go back to dealer to get this fixed.
Next was from driver's door - squeaky door seal - cleaned and re-fitted but hasn't sorted problem - I'll need to go back to them about that.
Also from transmission tunnel / centre console - mine made a creaking crackling noise when going over speed bumps etc. apparently it's the same deal as the A pillar rattle - needs the kit so that'll get done at the same time as the A pillar.
Last rattle was noticed by the dealer (not me) so the rear parcel shelf was replaced with an updated model for the 5-door - the new one is covered in a nice velvety material rather than the textured cloth of the old one. It actually looks a lot more upmarket and solidly built as the whole thing is thicker, is this standard fit on the 2013 models? (mine is a 2012)
Also I had a panel gap at the rear window trim which was about the thickness of a pound coin - pictures have been sent to LR, and the leather on my front seats (dynamic plus) is wearing quite a lot and becoming wavy after 14500 miles, so they sent pics of those to LR as well.
Also just wanted to say cheers for all the help and info over the months - I'll try to contribute a bit more now instead of just lurking! Very Happy

5 door MY12 Fuji Dynamic Plus with shadow chromes, santorini contrast roof, power tailgate and a couple of added rattles!
Mods - Black RR bonnet vents, Side steps, Silicone rear wiper, rear sill protector, rear sill plates, LED interior lighting conversion, 2014 Sat Nav update.
10-09-2013 08:20pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Bowl

RE: Rattles!

Could you post pics of those kits once you got them? Also the part numbers would be much appreciated.

Cheers!! Smile

Evoque SD4 Coupé Dynamic, Fuji White, Santoriny Pano roof, Lux pack, RSE, style 8 wheels, along with everything else.
(This post was last modified: 10-09-2013 08:46pm by Bowl.)
10-09-2013 08:46pm
m_101

RE: Rattles!

afraid the kits go to the dealer for install and the A pillars and transmission tunnel need to be removed to fit them, so not sure of part numbers, sorry!

5 door MY12 Fuji Dynamic Plus with shadow chromes, santorini contrast roof, power tailgate and a couple of added rattles!
Mods - Black RR bonnet vents, Side steps, Silicone rear wiper, rear sill protector, rear sill plates, LED interior lighting conversion, 2014 Sat Nav update.
10-09-2013 08:50pm