Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Radio - No DAB Option appears
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Radio - No DAB Option appears

Good idea Griff. see you next week

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
21-02-2012 10:18pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cjfp

Tim / Griff - do you have autotext set up correctly as it appears that when you are each typing about whether Kerrang is on DAB or not, it auto changes Kerrang to Classic ! Laughing

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
(This post was last modified: 21-02-2012 10:41pm by cjfp.)
21-02-2012 10:33pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Some of us have some musical good taste you know - Classic is my Sunday fallback when the 3rd repeat of the Archers comes on in the form of the omnibus edition, although I am finding Radio3 isn't too offensive or high brow for my ears these days. I accidentally tuned to something called radio 1 the other day, it bore no resemblance to the radio station I used to listen to in my youth - a bigger load of rubbish I have not heard in my life and I rapidly retuned to another channel that I haven't listened to since Wogan retired - Radio 2 and that sounded more like what R1 used to sound like. Must be getting old and grumpy.......
DAB and R3 are a brilliant combination when listened to in Meridian mode, inside the Evoque , on some of the concerts your really feel like you are sitting in a concert hall surrounded by the orchestra. If you really want to test the performance range of the Meridian system I suggest that you get a recording of Bach's Toccata and Fugge In D Minor - it will test the really low bass and the high treble response of your system!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 21-02-2012 10:46pm by XFullFatTim.)
21-02-2012 10:38pm
dandavis1

Moving on from dull chatter about dreary radio stations, did you have any luck, Big G?
(This post was last modified: 22-02-2012 12:56am by dandavis1.)
22-02-2012 12:55am
ChuckieB

Slightly off topic, but linked to audio, is there a mute button at all? Can't see that there is and it would be useful for times when when i really do have to listen to what my kids are saying in the back!

---------------------------------
Firenze SD4 Prestige Man Eb/Iv AD Keyless Powered Tailgate Roof Rails
Delivered 17/2/2012!

Other '05 Cliosport 182 FF
22-02-2012 01:12am
dandavis1

The 'power' button (next to the CD slot) is actually a mute button as the audio system is actually always on.
22-02-2012 08:31am
ChuckieB

(22-02-2012 08:31am)dandavis1 Wrote:  The 'power' button (next to the CD slot) is actually a mute button as the audio system is actually always on.

Thanks. Daft that I have to be taking my hands off the steering wheel to fumble around for a tiny knob on the other side of the dash! If that's the best the can do, I'll live with it.

Delivered 17/2/2012!

22-02-2012 10:00am
dandavis1

(22-02-2012 10:00am)ChuckieB Wrote:  Thanks. Daft that I have to be taking my hands off the steering wheel to fumble around for a tiny knob on the other side of the dash! If that's the best the can do, I'll live with it.

Not quite sure what you mean there - are you suggesting the mute button should be a big red plunger in the middle of the dashboard?! What would you have preferred?
(This post was last modified: 22-02-2012 02:53pm by dandavis1.)
22-02-2012 02:52pm
Big G

(22-02-2012 12:55am)dandavis1 Wrote:  Moving on from dull chatter about dreary radio stations, did you have any luck, Big G?

Right - firstly thanks to everyone for their help - even the aside into musical tastes Laughing

Spoke to Landrover Customer service Ireland and they said that this is an 'option' in Ireland for future cars as we don't have the DAB coverage outside of Dublin. I explained this was not clear in their literature. Also what happens if I bring the car to the UK where there is DAB coverage - pretty shortsighted attitude. Anyway turns out there's not much I can do.

Secondly - Voice control - I have it on my steering wheel but all it does is turn the audio off and on - certainly doesn't behave as the manual says it should. Not having a lot of luck really!Sad

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Collected !! 18/02/2012
Prestige Coupe SD4 Sumatra Black, Spirit interior, Pano roof , Heated seats, Privacy, Rear vents, Rear camera,Manual & style 5 19s. Not Prestige mats, 54 miles in tank when collected.
(This post was last modified: 22-02-2012 03:30pm by Big G.)
22-02-2012 03:27pm
ChuckieB

(22-02-2012 02:52pm)dandavis1 Wrote:  Not quite sure what you mean there - are you suggesting the mute button should be a big red plunger in the middle of the dashboard?! What would you have preferred?

A button on the steering wheel controls i.e. those being used to manage the information system that includes the audio perhaps!!!!!! Both my sub 15k Renaults have stalks on the steering column with a dedictaed mute button or equivalent. Some one has obviously thought about it as as poor old Big G has had his voice control system deleted and the steering button redesignated as a Mute for the audio!

Delivered 17/2/2012!

22-02-2012 04:43pm