Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Radio - No DAB Option appears
pugracer

RE: Radio - No DAB Option appears

(22-02-2012 03:27pm)Big G Wrote:  Spoke to Landrover Customer service Ireland and they said that this is an 'option' in Ireland for future cars as we don't have the DAB coverage outside of Dublin. I explained this was not clear in their literature. Also what happens if I bring the car to the UK where there is DAB coverage - pretty shortsighted attitude. Anyway turns out there's not much I can do.

Secondly - Voice control - I have it on my steering wheel but all it does is turn the audio off and on - certainly doesn't behave as the manual says it should. Not having a lot of luck really!Sad

Both DAB and Voice Control are options in some markets. I don't have those on mine. And, they aren't options available even I want them. Sad

[Image: 116845.png]
Range Rover Evoque - Pure, 5-Door, Si4, Auto, Fuji White/Cirrus
Lotus Elise
Peugeot 206 GTi
22-02-2012 04:49pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Big G

(22-02-2012 04:49pm)pugracer Wrote:  Both DAB and Voice Control are options in some markets. I don't have those on mine. And, they aren't options available even I want them. Sad

Not the end of the world but just wish the LR marketing was more country specific OR my dealer could be arsed to spend more than 45 mins handover with 54 miles left in the tank (I keep saying that !) - Guess when others get flowers, brollies, LR adventure days - and all I got for €60k+ was a wave goodbye Big Cry

Vent over !

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Collected !! 18/02/2012
Prestige Coupe SD4 Sumatra Black, Spirit interior, Pano roof , Heated seats, Privacy, Rear vents, Rear camera,Manual & style 5 19s. Not Prestige mats, 54 miles in tank when collected.
22-02-2012 05:07pm
JoBro

The DAB isn't an option here in Australia, even though we have digital radio, and other cars such as BMW have this option, and was told that the DAB receiver was built in to my radio, but disabled through the software, so if anyone knows how i can enable this, along with RDS it would be greatly appriciated!

Range Rover Evoque SD4 5 Door Dynamic Manual - Fuji White

Tech Pack, 20' Alloy Style 6, Pano Roof, 825w Meridian System, Adaptive Dynamics, Cold Climate Pack, Adaptive Lights, Automatic High Beam Assist, HomeLink, Park Assist, TPMS, Surround Camera, TV, Blind Spot Monitoring, Thinkware F770 Dashcam
23-05-2012 12:29pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
J77

I had to drive to the coast to pick up the DAB stations, but now the car has picked them up and are now stored there is no problem. I now have 18 stations, mostly just rubbish to fill up the spaces but the two main ones I listen to are Real radio and BBC R2.

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
29-05-2012 10:52am
pugracer

(23-05-2012 12:29pm)JoBro Wrote:  The DAB isn't an option here in Australia, even though we have digital radio, and other cars such as BMW have this option, and was told that the DAB receiver was built in to my radio, but disabled through the software, so if anyone knows how i can enable this, along with RDS it would be greatly appriciated!

Same here!

[Image: 116845.png]
Range Rover Evoque - Pure, 5-Door, Si4, Auto, Fuji White/Cirrus
Lotus Elise
Peugeot 206 GTi
30-05-2012 02:26pm
AUBabyRR

Hi Just a quick up date, Land Rover are ignoring all requests to even discuss the DAB+ support in Australia, Switzerland, Ireland and Germany . funny though t the Jaguar with the same system is programmed for DAB+. If you hold the "Range Rover" emblem on the Meridian system for 8 to 10 seconds then the "valet" button for 8-10 seconds you get into the system set up screen. The system has been built as you can see from the new screen it was built for Jaguar/Range Rover so its obviously has different Firmware to what vehicle it is installed into. I have no issues to pay for the Firmware upgrade and the only way to do this is keep pestering your dealer and Land Rover and see how keen they are to sell you a new vehicle in 3 years....... And prove they do listener to it customers.

please sign our Petition for DAB+ Firmware use link below......

http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/dab-...overs.html
15-11-2012 05:00am
Easty

Re: Radio - No DAB Option appears

Being in the US ill tell you id rather have hd content in crap quality, than crap content in hd qaulity. Radio here is just irritating. So pished sirius dropped bbc R1.

Sent from my ST17a using Tapatalk 2
15-11-2012 07:05pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

(29-05-2012 10:52am)J77 Wrote:  I had to drive to the coast to pick up the DAB stations, but now the car has picked them up and are now stored there is no problem. I now have 18 stations, mostly just rubbish to fill up the spaces but the two main ones I listen to are Real radio and BBC R2.

J77, can you get Classic FM over your way? Between home and Stirling and into Glasgow I can get all sorts of
BBC World Service, Asian Channels and a heap of things I don't want to listen to, but can I get Classic FM (for when Radio 4 goes into the 3rd repeat of the week of The Archers)? Not a hope in hell, the system just cannot find it. Radio4 Extra is pretty good though with many of the old comedy shows being played on the channel.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
15-11-2012 07:28pm