Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
RR Evoque - Testing and Development
BMW86

RR Evoque - Testing and Development

I'm new to the Land Rover brand, but this is one of the video reviews that sold me before I even went for a test spin.

Sorry if it's a repost, I did a search and it came up with nothing. Enjoy! Very Happy

2009 BMW 135i Coupe - with a few mods Wink
2013 Ninja 300 Special Edition ABS
2014 Mercedes CLA 45 AMG - on the way
(This post was last modified: 08-12-2011 04:20am by BMW86.)
08-12-2011 04:18am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ezandania

RE: RR Evoque - Testing and Development

Quality TESTING....they might be good at. But from some of the complaints I have been reading from this forum (wrt Start/Stop misbehave, Engine unable to start, Tailgate sometimes won't close, Broken rear wiper etc), i think they need to improve their quality ASSURANCE and CONTROL Very Happy

But just like you, I'm also new to the marque...and it's really a leap of faith to own the iconic car.

2012 Evoque Dynamic Si4 Auto, Fuji White/Agility Dynamic Plus, 20" Style 6's, Panoramic Roof, Keyless Entry, Power Tailgate, Surround Cameras, 825W Meridian Sound, Adaptive Dynamics, Adaptive Xenon HIDs
2003 Mini Cooper S
1999 Honda S2000
(This post was last modified: 08-12-2011 05:31am by Ezandania.)
08-12-2011 05:31am
leveller

Thanks for posting that. A great watch over breakfast this morning. My other half groaned and said "not another evoque video!".

@Ezan - I'm like you. Having a leap of faith. LR are lovely vehicles, but they do seem to be tarnished with the breakdown brush. hopefully by the time I get mine they will have solved any serious issues. I'm also hoping that the problems that have occurred so far are just random and very very few.

5dr Evoque Dynamic Si4, OG. I love her, mostly.
08-12-2011 07:45am
Token

(08-12-2011 04:18am)BMW86 Wrote:  I'm new to the Land Rover brand, but this is one of the video reviews that sold me before I even went for a test spin.

Sorry if it's a repost, I did a search and it came up with nothing. Enjoy! Very Happy

Awesome...great post

Evoque Coupe 2.2 SD4 Dynamic LUX 190HP (in some kind of grey!)

[Image: event.png]
08-12-2011 10:10am
BMW86

No problem guys. I'm glad you enjoyed as I did. It's amazing how much R&D goes into them.

In my experience BMW has been the most unreliable brand of car that I have owned. But it doesn't stop me from buying and driving them. Glad to know Land Rover is a big step up Smile

08-12-2011 12:50pm
FFRR

If you think BMW is unreliable, you're in for a shock when you get a Land Rover!
08-12-2011 01:54pm
oop north

It depends on the land rover (I hope). The freelander 2 is I understand te most reliable LR. As the evoque is made in the same place, I am hopeful it will be similarly reliable. I had a D3 that was off the road 40% of the time I had it
08-12-2011 02:19pm
PhilSkill

Didn't stop my gear knob coming off... where was the gear knob comes off in reverse test rig... Laughing

Seriously I think this will be a big step up for LR quality, just hope that brings it somewhere close to the top of the class in reliability Confused

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
08-12-2011 04:34pm
BMW86

My 135i has gone into limp mode (reduced power) whilst driving and on other occasions completely shut down due to the High Pressure Fuel Pump failure. It's also run extremely rough and suffered from limp modes due to injector failures. Later on I had VANOS solenoid failure too which resulted in the car going into reduced power whilst driving. After years of denial by BMW, both HPFP and injectors are are now on recall. I've also had brake light crack and break and the tail lights replaced due to recall. In other BMW's I've had to replace things like regulators for electric windows which are poorly designed and made. Having had all those problems in the 135i, I still wouldn't even dream about selling it as it's an amazing machine to drive, especially in its current form with the power it's making. It's might seem senseless to keep it but 99% of the time it works, and it works exceptionally well. I'm willing to accept that every car has it's share of problems, I'm hoping the Evoque has very few.

My main consideration with any car is the long term mechanical reliability, as this is what can cost big money out of the warranty period.

So my question is, are you doubting the build quality or mechanical reliability of LR?
Also, what kind of servicing do LR require, especially for turbo diesel engines?
Are most people changing oil/filter every 5-7.5k? Plugs etc?
What problems have others had in the past with LR?

(This post was last modified: 08-12-2011 11:33pm by BMW86.)
08-12-2011 11:26pm