Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
RED ALUMINUM PADDLE SHIFTERS
LIONHEAD

RED ALUMINUM PADDLE SHIFTERS

So my red aluminum paddles shifters came in today (thanks Dan@Duckworth) and they compliment my red rotary dial. Only downside is the red aluminum paddles do not light up.
[Image: ep1_zpsa60c7f11.jpg]
[Image: ep2_zpsc14adf18.jpg]

I also bought a set of bronze shifters (plastic) and had alitte fun with them on the Evoque but ended up putting the bronze ones on my Jaguar XKR.
[Image: ep4_zpsf1c160b5.jpg]
[Image: ep3_zps5cca051c.jpg]

Also decided to try the red aluminum paddles on my Jag but I ended up having the red paddles on my evoque:

[Image: pad1_zps0231685b.jpg]
[Image: pad2_zps07da555f.jpg]
12-06-2013 11:37pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
jitenc

RE: RED ALUMINUM PADDLE SHIFTERS

Hi. Haven't heard from you for ages. Welcome back.
I like your mods, especially the red gear shift knob. Where did you get that from?

Got mine : Dynamic Fuji White with Lux Pack and black contrast roof.
Optional extras : Privacy glass, Heated steering wheel and TPMS.
Me: Very HappyVery Happy
13-06-2013 06:44am
berlin2011

Lionhead, the blacked out trim on the centre console looks good. When did you have that done? Was it just painted over?

Current: SD4 Dynamic Auto, 5 Door, Orkney Grey with Black Contrast Pano roof and 20" Shadow Chrome wheels. Pursuit interior. [countdown="Hand over"]15th June 2013 2:00pm[/countdown]

Gone: Si4 Prestige Auto Coupe, Orkney Grey with Panoramic Roof, Element interior, Shadow Chrome 20" wheels with most of the bits & pieces loaded. [countdown="Hand over"]29th November 2011 2:00pm[/countdown]
13-06-2013 11:11am
Mark^^

looks really good, is it easy to change over the rotary dial as I would like to get one of the chrome ones.

Fuji White Dynamic SD4 – auto, with Energy interior and pano roof.
13-06-2013 11:19am
dynamicgirl

That is a beautiful interior, Lionhead ..made even more beautiful with the little design touches you have made. Stunning! Cool Paula xx
13-06-2013 01:28pm
LIONHEAD

Thanks guys. Thanks dynamicgirl. Just been busy lately. The rotary knob is an Evoque accessory. Just remember the knob and leather topper are separate items. You can order it from any dealer or from Dan at Duckworth. They also have a aluminum knob with the rubber grip but it looked too close to OEM so I went with the red aluminum knob. I did have the center consol painted black last summer. Powerfuluk has a youtube vid on how to remove the center consol. Just becareful when putting on your seat belt. I've had a couple of nicks already from trying to put on the belt. I ordered a coupe hood (that has the bonnet vents). Can't wait to have it painted and installed.
(This post was last modified: 13-06-2013 03:07pm by LIONHEAD.)
13-06-2013 03:07pm
Shenley

Mark^^ quite easy, remove the plastic center section of the old selector, and take off the old one which is held on by a single torqex screw. Put on the new one tighten it up and stick on the new leather topper.
Note:-
It is a 'bugga' to get the plastic top off - they must have used cement, but it is only two way tape. LR instructions show a hammer to whack it off! Done this twice now as we are on our replacement car (don't ask). Helps if you gently heat it with a hair dryer. But it is doubtful it can used again. Also when you take off the old rotary drive selector, underneath there is a plastic sleeve which is not required, as the new ones are molded underneath.
...... and the new one needs a little help from a washer as it is a little wobbly when fastened on, (on both occasions I fitted them) only a small thin washer, but this then makes it as tight as the old one. I wouldn't want to try and over tighten the screw as the thread belongs to an expensive piece of the mechanism. A small washer on the top does not effect the placement of the new topper - again two way tape.

http://babyrr.com/forum/attachment.php?aid=3346

http://babyrr.com/forum/thread-5591.html

PS. The new car has also now got the red flappy paddle things as they were free - wouldn't want to pay for them at £360.00 (UK) !!! - easier to fit than the gear selector by far.
(This post was last modified: 13-06-2013 05:30pm by Shenley.)
13-06-2013 05:29pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Lionhead - Your signature photo makes the SL and Jag look like wimps infront of the monster Evoque! Makes you realise how big Evoque is when you see it parked alongside sports cars, but then parked next to my Defender the Evoque looks small and dainty......

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 14-06-2013 05:28am by XFullFatTim.)
14-06-2013 05:26am
Mark^^

thanks for the very helpful instructions Lionhead and Shenley, very helpful. Will be something for down the track a bit.

Fuji White Dynamic SD4 – auto, with Energy interior and pano roof.
14-06-2013 11:16am
slee18

How hard was it to take the shifter know off? I have been wanting the leather shifter because the current was is hot as hell when the temps get up to 95 degrees

12 Evoque Si4 (US) Galway Green Prestige ivory expresso interior
19-06-2013 06:46pm