Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Quiet ...
cjfp

Quiet ...

... It's very quiet on here today. I think everyone has done the same as me and used Google Translate to decode the french price list and are finally realising just how much this is all going to cost !!

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
10-03-2011 11:12pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Urban Splash

RE: Quiet ...

I'm test driving an x3 tomorrow.

Just not sure I can face the discussions with the dealer regarding finances. The smug grin on his face and a crap part ex figure. All so I can be "privileged" to have an Evoque. Its winding me up already!

I never considered myself as 'tight', just want a good deal. Audi and LR don't need to make an effort, indeed in some cases, don't need to be civilised, to sell a car.

Rant over..

Delivered: Evoque 5 door Prestige SD4 Auto 4WD, Orkney Grey, Fixed Panoramic Roof, Ivory Headliner, Vibe Interior, Spare wheel, 20" Chrome Shadow Style 7
11-03-2011 08:11am
Blackseries

(11-03-2011 08:11am)Urban Splash Wrote:  I'm test driving an x3 tomorrow.

My next door neighbour went to our local dealer, the one I have my deposit with, and asked about ordering a Coupe. His reply rather took her aback.

She wouldn't see a car until at least June 2012, he was rather feed up by the Evoque - as it was making him look like an idiot - there was more information on the internet than he was being given - and the only firm piece of information he could give anybody was where they were on the waiting list. He has at least 3 enquiries a day (there are about 3 other sales people – so at least 9-10 enquires per day at the dealer!) He didn't ask for her name or telephone number. She road tested a Q5 on the way home. Not Good.

SD4 Prestige Sport Auto 5 Door, Sumatra Black with Ambience interior, Magneride AD, 20" Style 6 Wheels, Panoramic Roof, Surround Cameras, Electric Tailgate, ADRVM.......& Heated Steering Wheel......Gorgeous
13-03-2011 12:44pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

The biggest problem with the UK is that we see French/Belgian/German/ Portuguese prices and specs coming on the www but why no UK spec/ prices? The only thing I can think of is that there are some dealers in Europe who are releasing embargoed info on trust to customers and then that trust is being broken - that is not good. With the huge pre-launch demand for the Evoque there will also be a huge "grey market" at launch because of speculators selling on their build slots/ new cars at a very hefty premium to silly sorts who are not prepared to wait.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
13-03-2011 01:56pm
theoriginalfunky

(13-03-2011 01:56pm)FullFatTim Wrote:  The biggest problem with the UK is that we see French/Belgian/German/ Portuguese prices and specs coming on the www but why no UK spec/ prices? The only thing I can think of is that there are some dealers in Europe who are releasing embargoed info on trust to customers and then that trust is being broken - that is not good. With the huge pre-launch demand for the Evoque there will also be a huge "grey market" at launch because of speculators selling on their build slots/ new cars at a very hefty premium to silly sorts who are not prepared to wait.

Dealer prices are out tomorrow but i was told not till June for finance pcp figures
13-03-2011 02:58pm
Blackseries

(13-03-2011 02:58pm)theoriginalfunky Wrote:  Dealer prices are out tomorrow but i was told not till June for finance pcp figures

At Geneva they said UK prices would be out today 14th March ..... but I didn't believe it.

SD4 Prestige Sport Auto 5 Door, Sumatra Black with Ambience interior, Magneride AD, 20" Style 6 Wheels, Panoramic Roof, Surround Cameras, Electric Tailgate, ADRVM.......& Heated Steering Wheel......Gorgeous
14-03-2011 04:21pm
cjfp

Early April !

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
14-03-2011 08:06pm