Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Questions for EvoqueLive.
Blackseries

Questions for EvoqueLive.

As the “Event” fast approaches just wondered what things apart from “do I like the look of it in the flesh” and “is it big enough” are you hoping to find out.

I thought I would start the ball rolling and if anyone can answer these questions before the event (including LR ) feel free.

1) With a car fitted with Adaptive Dynamics (MagnaRide)when in the “normal” road position is anything active i.e. is there any difference in the driving experience with “normal” mode engaged compared to car without active dampers – I can’t believe in all the press coverage of the Active Dampers I can’t recall anybody talking about “non Dynamic” mode.

2) If the paint supplies resume sooner rather than later will all the original colours come back on stream (ie Santorini, Stornaway, Kosrae etc..)– or will it just be Firenze Red, Colima Lime and Mauritius Blue that are reintroduced and the others stay as they are. I ask this because the paint factory is now up and running again and Sumatra really isn’t a patch on Santorini and I really like Kosrae and Firenze – so at the moment colour choice wise I’m a bit fooked.

3) What happen to the Social Seat..... as per original Press Release

4) The original worldwide brochure stated that “The designers’ Choice makes choosing the right, exciting colour and material combinations for your Range Rover Evoque’s interior as simple and straightforward as possible. These combinations are recommended by Range Rover’s designers but others are available. should you wish to opt for something more personal, you are free to express your individuality and tastes with your very own choices."

When will we be able to choose exactly which interior we want. ......I’d be happy with rough timescales.

SD4 Prestige Sport Auto 5 Door, Sumatra Black with Ambience interior, Magneride AD, 20" Style 6 Wheels, Panoramic Roof, Surround Cameras, Electric Tailgate, ADRVM.......& Heated Steering Wheel......Gorgeous
(This post was last modified: 15-05-2011 05:49pm by Blackseries.)
15-05-2011 05:23pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
LRX
Banned

RE: Questions for EvoqueLive.

(15-05-2011 05:23pm)Blackseries Wrote:  When will we be able to choose exactly which interior we want. ......I’d be happy with rough timescales.

You can choose the interior now.
15-05-2011 06:43pm
cjfp

@lrx - I think blackseries is referring to the brochure comment that u can opt for any interior, ie not just the options that the selector allows u to pick (and why not for all items?) - I want a set of wheels that only come with the 5 door and I'm buying a coupe

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
15-05-2011 07:02pm
Blackseries

(15-05-2011 06:43pm)LRX Wrote:  You can choose the interior now.

Yep but not the one I want...... the implication of the original brochure is that I could have a light interior in the Dynamic if I wanted .... which I can't get at the moment. Also how many people getting Ivory interiors would rather have Black dashtops and door inserts rather than Dark Brown. There is a choice but for some it probably isn't there first choice. For all the talk of personalisation an Audi Q5 has more choice when it comes to interiors.

SD4 Prestige Sport Auto 5 Door, Sumatra Black with Ambience interior, Magneride AD, 20" Style 6 Wheels, Panoramic Roof, Surround Cameras, Electric Tailgate, ADRVM.......& Heated Steering Wheel......Gorgeous
15-05-2011 07:03pm
LRX
Banned

I don't think you'll ever be able to mix and match interiors from different models - would undermine RR's carefully thought-out business model.

The 'designer's choice' was in the back of the brochure - just recommendations - but you can still choose your own interior (from the ones available for the model you've chosen). Or that's how I've always understood it, at least.
15-05-2011 07:17pm
Blackseries

(15-05-2011 07:17pm)LRX Wrote:  The 'designer's choice' was in the back of the brochure - just recommendations - but you can still choose your own interior (from the ones available for the model you've chosen). Or that's how I've always understood it, at least.

Ok I suppose it is down to interpretation but .....

"free to express your individuality and tastes with your very own choices - from 4 preset options (one of which is Lime)"

Doesn't have the same ring to it does it.......

15-05-2011 07:31pm
cjfp

Originally I held the same view that I would be able to have what I wanted (even if it came at a premium)

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
15-05-2011 07:46pm
Kermit

(15-05-2011 05:23pm)Blackseries Wrote:  1) With a car fitted with Adaptive Dynamics (MagnaRide)when in the “normal” road position is anything active i.e. is there any difference in the driving experience with “normal” mode engaged compared to car without active dampers

I would hope the Magneride 'normal' mode performs better than the non-Magneride suspension, otherwise what's the point.
16-05-2011 01:34am
Rootsboy

(16-05-2011 01:34am)Kermit Wrote:  
(15-05-2011 05:23pm)Blackseries Wrote:  1) With a car fitted with Adaptive Dynamics (MagnaRide)when in the “normal” road position is anything active i.e. is there any difference in the driving experience with “normal” mode engaged compared to car without active dampers

I would hope the Magneride 'normal' mode performs better than the non-Magneride suspension, otherwise what's the point.

i would also be interested to have more detail about MagnaRide before i stick it on as a extra, and thinking about this for resale purposes. could this become a standard feature of all Evoque's eventually.

SD4 Prestige 5 Door Manual. Fuji White. 20" Style 6 Wheels. Vibe-Ebony Interior and Header. Panoramic Roof. AD. Privacy and Solar Attenuating Glass. Surround Camera, Heated Seats. Pollution Sensor. Rear Vents. 825W Sound and a Spare Wheel
16-05-2011 11:24am
Blackseries

(16-05-2011 11:24am)Rootsboy Wrote:  i would also be interested to have more detail about MagnaRide before i stick it on as a extra, and thinking about this for resale purposes. could this become a standard feature of all Evoque's eventually.

At the initial viewing with the LR people they said it would be standard on all versions. I don't know what changed - I'm very surprised that it’s not standard on the Prestige if it’s as good as the press say it is.

16-05-2011 11:45am