Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Questions For Manchester
Blackseries

Questions For Manchester

Something I forgot to ask .... maybe someone here knows

Does the ESP - stability control program on the Evoque have an anti-snaking program for when you are towing a horsebox / caravan. I know BMW's and Merc's do as it is part of the Towbar package option so I assume its a function of the software but as towbars are dealer fit only on the Evoque I'm not sure how it would be activated (if indeed it needs to be) Forgot to ask at the NEC. If anyone from here is going to Manchester could you ask?

SD4 Prestige Sport Auto 5 Door, Sumatra Black with Ambience interior, Magneride AD, 20" Style 6 Wheels, Panoramic Roof, Surround Cameras, Electric Tailgate, ADRVM.......& Heated Steering Wheel......Gorgeous
(This post was last modified: 01-06-2011 07:43pm by Blackseries.)
01-06-2011 07:23pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
doug

RE: Questions For Manchester

(01-06-2011 07:23pm)Blackseries Wrote:  Something I forgot to ask .... maybe someone here knows

Does the ESP - stability control program on the Evoque have an anti-snaking program for when you are towing a horsebox / caravan. I know BMW's and Merc's do as it is part of the Towbar package option so I assume its a function of the software but as towbars are dealer fit only on the Evoque I'm not sure how it would be activated (if indeed it needs to be) Forgot to ask at the NEC. If anyone from here is going to Manchester could you ask?

Do you really think the rr sales team will knowLaughing

[Image: mini-graphics-vehicles-244162.gif] ABOVE AND BEYOND
RRE sold after 5 happy years. Jag F-Pace owner now
01-06-2011 07:56pm
Alex

They actually have engineers there (or at least at the NEC one). I spoke to three engineers - one that worked in the roof design, alloy wheels, and suspension. They all were pretty clued up about the vehicles specs, right down to telling how the stereo worked and how to rip CD's, USB drives, and planned accessories to be launched in September etc.
Can someone ask if you don't choose an option (such as park assist, blind spot monitoring, TV etc) are the buttons left blank around the dashboard centre touch screen console?

I hope not as I have not chosen that many options, and is going to look odd having a bunch if blank buttons so obviously displayed.

Arrived 22nd December - SD4 Dynamic Auto, Fuji White, Panoramic/Contrast Roof, Dynamic Plus & Lux Pack
(This post was last modified: 02-06-2011 07:45am by Alex.)
02-06-2011 07:40am
LRX
Banned

I wonder if you could buy the buttons as spares and pop them in??
02-06-2011 07:54am
Kermit

(01-06-2011 07:23pm)Blackseries Wrote:  Does the ESP - stability control program on the Evoque have an anti-snaking program for when you are towing a horsebox / caravan.

Very good question. It's something I'd also like to know. I guess the software is trying to drive the ESP from massive changes in weight transfer it measures via the yaw sensors.
02-06-2011 10:42am