Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 4 Average
Putting some numbers on things
trackmonkey

RE: Putting some numbers on things

(30-10-2011 07:49pm)PhilSkill Wrote:  Update with a bit more from October, and improved formula for units/day

Looks like October's not been such a good month for build rate... probably more FL2's on the production line

up to 22k now mix is 2 to 1
30-10-2011 08:10pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mark_n

(30-10-2011 08:10pm)trackmonkey Wrote:  up to 22k now mix is 2 to 1

Assuming that's two Evoques to one FL2, it's not especially encouraging. LR are falling further and further behind with Evoques because they do not have the parts. I doubt there's been a big surge in FL2 orders so perhaps they are making them because they have nothing better to do.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
30-10-2011 08:37pm
rchrdleigh

Heard that orders for Freelander 2 are up 15-20% since the launch of the Evoque.
30-10-2011 08:57pm
trackmonkey

afaik all units that are produced are sold, remember Halewood is the only plant that makes both apart from Pune India were they build 2k FL a year. Most of the FL units are for export especially to China, America and Russia.
IAC are still struggling to keep up since the fire (the damage was to equipment building the IP)
Hopefully they get back to normal soon and who knows we might be on 3 shifts next year.
Production has run both saturday and sunday with 2 hours extra planned each weekday for the foreseeable future.
I find it funny that you think we build FL because we have nothing better to do, The FL is still a good seller and a decent quality car.
I understand your frustration by the delays but come on, the death of a colleague followed by a fire its not like they were in the plans. You really think its good for the plant to p*** customers off, I assure you everyone is doing their best.
30-10-2011 09:16pm
Urban Splash

Thanks for the update. I think we all feel bad in light of the tragic accident......

Most communication from LR regarding the delays indicates that it's due to component supply issues.

Delivered: Evoque 5 door Prestige SD4 Auto 4WD, Orkney Grey, Fixed Panoramic Roof, Ivory Headliner, Vibe Interior, Spare wheel, 20" Chrome Shadow Style 7
30-10-2011 09:33pm
PhilSkill

I'm with you there trackmonkey you've had a difficult time of it, it must have been hard with all that's gone on, and thanks for the enthusiasm and taking the time to post on here.

Keep up the good work building them, quality comes first! I'm hoping mine will come through soon, would love to be able to follow it being built.

I've added your estimation of 22000 units as of today which brings production rates up, be great to see them back into the 4-500's a day!

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
30-10-2011 09:35pm
mark_n

Make no mistake, I am very sympathetic about the accident and the loss of Graham Begley, especially as I had visited the plant just a week earlier and seen the rows of presses where (so we understand) the accident occurred. It is good that Halewood resources can be diverted to building the FL2 if the volume of Evoques is less than they would like.

The fact still remains, though, that we really do not know the extent of the Evoque component supply problem. Xenons, of course, but is that simply excess demand over available supply or is there a more fundamental problem? What is it about doors, about engines, about glass roofs which is impacting production? The fact still remains too that my build suddenly went out from 3 to 11 weeks and I am by no means the only one affected.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
30-10-2011 09:54pm
Urban Splash

Well said Mark

Delivered: Evoque 5 door Prestige SD4 Auto 4WD, Orkney Grey, Fixed Panoramic Roof, Ivory Headliner, Vibe Interior, Spare wheel, 20" Chrome Shadow Style 7
30-10-2011 10:01pm
Evo-king

(30-10-2011 09:16pm)trackmonkey Wrote:  afaik all units that are produced are sold, remember Halewood is the only plant that makes both apart from Pune India were they build 2k FL a year. Most of the FL units are for export especially to China, America and Russia.
IAC are still struggling to keep up since the fire (the damage was to equipment building the IP)
Hopefully they get back to normal soon and who knows we might be on 3 shifts next year.
Production has run both saturday and sunday with 2 hours extra planned each weekday for the foreseeable future.
I find it funny that you think we build FL because we have nothing better to do, The FL is still a good seller and a decent quality car.
I understand your frustration by the delays but come on, the death of a colleague followed by a fire its not like they were in the plans. You really think its good for the plant to p*** customers off, I assure you everyone is doing their best.

Thanks for that trackmonkey, your post has probably given us more insight than anything coming from our dealers.

Keep on truckin.Thumbs Up

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
30-10-2011 10:13pm
rchrdleigh

AFAIK. The problem with engines is that LR currently buy them in from Ford and have to submit a bid in advance for the number of engines they expect to need. Part of the problem at the moment is that demand is in excess of the number LR thought they'd need and the engine plant cannot ramp up production to meet the revised level of demand.
Engine supply problems are I believe affecting Evoque, Freelander, Discovery, RRS and some of the Jaguar models.
Which is why JLR recently announced they were building their own engine plant in Wolverhampton.
(This post was last modified: 30-10-2011 10:22pm by rchrdleigh.)
30-10-2011 10:21pm