Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Pure to Dynamic exhaust
superfox

Pure to Dynamic exhaust

I'm drawing close to the arrival of all my parts from Duckworth's (best place ever) and trying to acquire as much information as possible to help speed up the conversion process with extra confidence.

So you have to modify the Pure exhaust to match up with the Dynamic rear bumper. What I've been told so far is 100 mm of each exhaust end should allow clearance of the new Dynamic exhaust moulds.

Can anyone confirm this ? Also has there been a tutorial on this at any point with a few photos?

I'm sure this will help the many planing the Purnamic conversion Very Happy

FOX Rolling Eyes

Drive: 4 WHL R/H FULL TIME DRIVE CAB style: 3 DOOR Series: 2.0 GTDIS PETROL 3DR SERIES Transmission: 6 SPD AUTO TRANS AWF21AWD Engine: 2.0L 16V TIVCT T/C 240PS GAS Colour:SUMATRA BLACK Trim:SATIN BRUSHED METAL
15-02-2013 11:14am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
EpicEvo

Pure to Dynamic exhaust

List of parts and prices would be wicked Smile
18-02-2013 10:52am
Evogirl

RE: Pure to Dynamic exhaust

I just don't get why anyone would buy a car and then try to make it into something it isn't!! Those in the know will be able to tell immediately that it isn't a Dynamic anyway.
18-02-2013 11:55am
superfox

(18-02-2013 11:55am)Evogirl Wrote:  I just don't get why anyone would buy a car and then try to make it into something it isn't!! Those in the know will be able to tell immediately that it isn't a Dynamic anyway.

Personally I don't want a Dynamic, I want a Purnamic.

A pure priced Evoque with Dynamic style and with a little extra money spent making my own look with colour coding and details. People in the know won't know Tongue Out

FOX Rolling Eyes

Drive: 4 WHL R/H FULL TIME DRIVE CAB style: 3 DOOR Series: 2.0 GTDIS PETROL 3DR SERIES Transmission: 6 SPD AUTO TRANS AWF21AWD Engine: 2.0L 16V TIVCT T/C 240PS GAS Colour:SUMATRA BLACK Trim:SATIN BRUSHED METAL
18-02-2013 12:38pm
Biker

Just search the forum, there is a post with images of someone doing similar.

TD4 180 HSE MY17 Fuji White
18-02-2013 09:29pm
THEMACS

(18-02-2013 11:55am)Evogirl Wrote:  I just don't get why anyone would buy a car and then try to make it into something it isn't!! Those in the know will be able to tell immediately that it isn't a Dynamic anyway.

+1 It's one of My biggest pet hates, but each to their own, if you want to devalue your car by doing so, go ahead, just make sure you keep the original parts for when you come to sell so you can put it to how it is meant to be or else be happy with a tenner come resale timeLaughing

Orkney Grey 5 Door Prestige, Manual SD4, Vibe Interior, Panoramic Roof and Privacy Glass. Order Placed 2/7/11 Picked Up 17/3/12, Gone 10/5/14
(This post was last modified: 18-02-2013 10:52pm by THEMACS.)
18-02-2013 10:52pm
scrannel

(18-02-2013 10:52pm)THEMACS Wrote:  +1 It's one of My biggest pet hates, but each to their own, if you want to devalue your car by doing so, go ahead, just make sure you keep the original parts for when you come to sell so you can put it to how it is meant to be or else be happy with a tenner come resale timeLaughing

I think it depends on what you're trying to accomplish. In So. Cal especially, "modded" cars are not unusual. But, this doesn't mean trying to make a car into something it's not, rather borrowing some of the styling influences from a different model to mod your ride. Seen some pretty disastrous stuff, BTW. But something like the Marangoni Evoque (red tires aside) has some really interesting styling ideas that I find good looking. And certainly not that radical.

Though generally agree, trying to make one model "into" another is a little boring.

2013 Dynamic USA specs with MagneRide + Strata wood int. with Lunar perf. Ork Grey.
BMW K1200R. Black.
19-02-2013 08:42am
Mijo

(19-02-2013 08:42am)scrannel Wrote:  I think it depends on what you're trying to accomplish. In So. Cal especially, "modded" cars are not unusual. But, this doesn't mean trying to make a car into something it's not, rather borrowing some of the styling influences from a different model to mod your ride. Seen some pretty disastrous stuff, BTW. But something like the Marangoni Evoque (red tires aside) has some really interesting styling ideas that I find good looking. And certainly not that radical.

Though generally agree, trying to make one model "into" another is a little boring.

Agreed. I've customized several cars over the years while still being able to garnish a premium even after mods. My approach is to work around the original appeal of the car, not change it. Ideally I want to make my car look like the top of the line model without any restraints the manufacture must address when trying to appeal to the mass market. Of course, when it comes time to sell its a question of waiting for the right buyer. Most people sell because they need to, my things are perpetually for sale... for the right price that is.

I'm looking at doing the same or going with the hamann rear end center exhaust. Posts pics as you make progress on the conversion.
20-02-2013 06:30am