Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Pure tech USB ports not working ????
Kennyjmac

Pure tech USB ports not working ????

Hi I've just came back from holiday plugged in my iPhone and my iPod into the USB ports couldn't get either to work or charge ,the power adapter next to it works ok ,does anyone have any ideas for a fix???? ,have tried different cables to iPhone so not that ,please help
29-10-2013 10:45pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PhilSkill

RE: Pure tech USB ports not working ????

Have you tried again after the old switch off/on? if they short circuit they will trip until a reset is done.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
29-10-2013 11:17pm
Kennyjmac

(29-10-2013 11:17pm)PhilSkill Wrote:  Have you tried again after the old switch off/on? if they short circuit they will trip until a reset is done.

Hi off/on ? Have locked and unlocked the car a few times and switched radio on and off ,sorry am I missing something
29-10-2013 11:50pm
PhilSkill

Switch off and lock the car and leave for at least 2 minutes, if it still does not work, there is a fuse box behind the glove box, one of the fuses is for the entertainment system.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
30-10-2013 12:05am
Kennyjmac

(30-10-2013 12:05am)PhilSkill Wrote:  Switch off and lock the car and leave for at least 2 minutes, if it still does not work, there is a fuse box behind the glove box, one of the fuses is for the entertainment system.

Hi thanks for that ,have tried that all day ,strange thing is the power socket next to the 2usb ports works ok ,so would of thought that would be on same fuse
30-10-2013 12:11am
PhilSkill

Not sure about the power socket, I have a "Range Rover" USB stick that is just an insert PCB but backed with metal Rolling Eyes and if you insert it the wrong way round it shorts out the USB socket and trips the output and it will not work until you switch off the car completely.

I've not checked if the power to the Socket is still active when USB is tripped but I would expect it would be alive as USB has a very specific power rating and cabling type which should come from the Entertainment system direct, whereas the power socket will have a higher rating probably direct from a fuse, ( but I don't have actual knowledge of the wiring so could be wrong )

If both USB sockets are dead and have not come back after a full reset then I'd start to suspect something shorting out the USB socket (maybe a small piece of metal strand has got left in one of the sockets, you could try blowing them out), or otherwise it maybe a wiring fault or head unit fault and you'd need to get this looked at under Warranty.

Hopefully its something simple but I fear you may be back to the dealer...

30-10-2013 10:14am
Kennyjmac

(30-10-2013 10:14am)PhilSkill Wrote:  Not sure about the power socket, I have a "Range Rover" USB stick that is just an insert PCB but backed with metal Rolling Eyes and if you insert it the wrong way round it shorts out the USB socket and trips the output and it will not work until you switch off the car completely.

I've not checked if the power to the Socket is still active when USB is tripped but I would expect it would be alive as USB has a very specific power rating and cabling type which should come from the Entertainment system direct, whereas the power socket will have a higher rating probably direct from a fuse, ( but I don't have actual knowledge of the wiring so could be wrong )

If both USB sockets are dead and have not come back after a full reset then I'd start to suspect something shorting out the USB socket (maybe a small piece of metal strand has got left in one of the sockets, you could try blowing them out), or otherwise it maybe a wiring fault or head unit fault and you'd need to get this looked at under Warranty.

Hopefully its something simple but I fear you may be back to the dealer...

Hi phil thanks for all the advice took the fuse out and back in came to life again plugged in iPhone worked fine ,plugged in iPod did same again reset and tried again ,iPod had some charge ,got home put iPod on full charge and hey presto worked after that ,strange 1 to look out for thanks again
31-10-2013 12:04am
PhilSkill

Sounds like the iPod was drawing too much current under charge and tripping the output safety, although not sure why you'd have needed to remove the Fuse to get it all back to life initially.

Still good you are up and running again! Cool

(This post was last modified: 31-10-2013 10:30am by PhilSkill.)
31-10-2013 10:29am
speary

Plugged my iPhone into the iPhone USB port for the first time last Friday. It took out both USB ports so I couldn't use my USB stick or iPhone. Shut the car down and restarted after an hour or so. Main screen came on as usual but seemed to flash (white screen for split second ). USB port now working. I havent tried the iPhone USB port since.

Pure Coupe SD4 Manual; Fuji White; 19" style 5 wheels; Addaptive Xenons; Auto Lights, Wipers and Rear Mirror; Folding mirrors with cool puddle lights. Magnoflow Exhaust finishers
04-11-2013 02:00pm
Ossy

My IPOD USB port works intermittantly. I plug the Iphone in via the lead and it will work for a couple of minutes then cuts out - not sure why? Same the day later and the day later. Bluetooth connection works fine.
12-11-2013 08:40pm