Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Pure lead times, JLR missing an opportunity?
ED209

Pure lead times, JLR missing an opportunity?

It seems JLR are delivering higher spec cars thereby maximising short term income/profit.

I personally think this is a bit shortsighted of them. The evoque was meant to be a gateway into the range rover brand for new customers. I would imagine most of these conquest customers will be buying pure spec cars. I think the fact that JLR are seemingly holding back production of these cars giving pure customers huge lead times might cost them in the long term.

I think the lead times together with the general theme of poor communication from dealers about delays and problems might put off these new customers to the point where they become one time JLR buyers when they could have been turned into JLR wome/men for life!
02-03-2012 12:22pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RacingSnake

RE: Pure lead times, JLR missing an opportunity?

I specced my dynamic lux fairly highly, and I've not seen the evidence of LR making any form of priority!

I suspect there is just a perception of the situation that the pures are being de-prioritised.

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
Should be end of April (was March, then April, then end of May/June).
Collected, Friday 13th Shocked April 2012
02-03-2012 12:27pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BobM

I dealer ordered my pure in September and it went factory order late December. Its sitting waiting at my dealer for me to pick it up tomorrow so cant say that it was held up due to the spec.

Pure, SD4, Auto, 5 door, Firenze Red, Ebony/Ebony, privacy, rear camera, front sensors, fog lights, spare wheel, auto lights and wipers - Delivered 14.3.15 Very Happy

Gone but not forgotten - Old rattly 1.3.12 - 31.5.13 - Pure, SD4, manual, 5 door, Fuji, 19" style 4, ebony/ebony, spare wheel, privacy.
02-03-2012 12:53pm
WB
WB

I don't think it's LR doing this - I think its the dealers who are prioritising Prestige/Dynamics which we know are higher profit margin cars (just look at the forces discount difference).

A friend ordered a Pure and has had it delayed several times for no good reason - other than the dealer bumping Pures...
02-03-2012 01:16pm
ChuckieB

(02-03-2012 01:16pm)WB Wrote:  I don't think it's LR doing this - I think its the dealers who are prioritising Prestige/Dynamics which we know are higher profit margin cars (just look at the forces discount difference).

A friend ordered a Pure and has had it delayed several times for no good reason - other than the dealer bumping Pures...

Throughout the process the dealer I used assured me that orders were allocated from their pool based on date of order and no other initial criteria. I think it was the only crumb of comfort he was able to offer when it everything else was pretty much beyond his immediate control.

I got the LR survey through today. I shall have to consider carefully my responses!

---------------------------------
Firenze SD4 Prestige Man Eb/Iv AD Keyless Powered Tailgate Roof Rails
Delivered 17/2/2012!

Other '05 Cliosport 182 FF
02-03-2012 01:49pm
WorldTraveler

My Sig says it all... like Ed said, I think a large majority of the 1st time LR customers will bolt afer thier RRE have reached end-of-deal and head for another brand, the buying experience has been a real disappointment lets hope the car lives up to the hype.

Oh ... and the promised delivery to dealer date was made by LR CUSTOMER SERVICES as I have still NOT heard from the dealer !!!

Delivered 31st March 2012
Pure, 5 Door, TD4, Manual, Firenze Red, Tech Pack, Front Fogs, Xenon, Pano Roof

Track Consumption Using The Site Below
[Image: 117709.png]
(This post was last modified: 02-03-2012 02:15pm by WorldTraveler.)
02-03-2012 02:14pm
THEMACS

(02-03-2012 12:22pm)ED209 Wrote:  It seems JLR are delivering higher spec cars thereby maximising short term income/profit.

I personally think this is a bit shortsighted of them. The evoque was meant to be a gateway into the range rover brand for new customers. I would imagine most of these conquest customers will be buying pure spec cars. I think the fact that JLR are seemingly holding back production of these cars giving pure customers huge lead times might cost them in the long term.

I think the lead times together with the general theme of poor communication from dealers about delays and problems might put off these new customers to the point where they become one time JLR buyers when they could have been turned into JLR wome/men for life!

I agree that the process is poor, not sure I agree with the Pure theory though. I ordered just before you I think or certainly the same week, and I haven't exactly had a short wait, and mine isn't a Pure.

Also read Autocar, who ordered a Dynamic Coupe Lux with a few other bits on last summer and they are only getting in March 12, and they are Press !!

In addition there are a fair few Pure owners on this site, it would be interesting to see the %'s of who has what at home!!

Orkney Grey 5 Door Prestige, Manual SD4, Vibe Interior, Panoramic Roof and Privacy Glass. Order Placed 2/7/11 Picked Up 17/3/12, Gone 10/5/14
(This post was last modified: 02-03-2012 02:19pm by THEMACS.)
02-03-2012 02:19pm
WB
WB

(02-03-2012 01:49pm)ChuckieB Wrote:  Throughout the process the dealer I used assured me that orders were allocated from their pool based on date of order and no other initial criteria. I think it was the only crumb of comfort he was able to offer when it everything else was pretty much beyond his immediate control.

I got the LR survey through today. I shall have to consider carefully my responses!

They'd never admit it but I'm convinced it is the case.
(02-03-2012 02:19pm)THEMACS Wrote:  In addition there are a fair few Pure owners on this site, it would be interesting to see the %'s of who has what at home!!

I'm a pure owner and got mine very early but I think I was very lucky.

I think somebody posted a survey to ask who had ordered which type at some point.
(This post was last modified: 02-03-2012 02:23pm by WB.)
02-03-2012 02:22pm
WorldTraveler

(02-03-2012 02:22pm)WB Wrote:  They'd never admit it but I'm convinced it is the case.

I'm a pure owner and got mine very early but I think I was very lucky.

I think somebody posted a survey to ask who had ordered which type at some point.

Its mostly Pure TD4's that are delayed, there are plenty of Pure SD4's on the road already ....

Delivered 31st March 2012
Pure, 5 Door, TD4, Manual, Firenze Red, Tech Pack, Front Fogs, Xenon, Pano Roof

Track Consumption Using The Site Below
[Image: 117709.png]
02-03-2012 04:04pm
WB
WB

(02-03-2012 04:04pm)WorldTraveler Wrote:  Its mostly Pure TD4's that are delayed, there are plenty of Pure SD4's on the road already ....

My friend's hugely delayed car is a Pure SD4
02-03-2012 04:25pm