Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Pure hid conversion done today
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Pure hid conversion done today

Has anybody with the halogens that continuously pop tried claiming for replacements under their warranty? They are supposed to last something like 10000 on/off cycles so
LR would be interested to know if they are not. If you are not claiming on your warranty then LR doesn't know there is an issue with the Halogens failing too early in their life. In 2003 I took delivery of an early L355 FFRR with halogens and they popped regularly, the local dealer replaced them under warranty without question and without needing to book the car in. They then submitted a warranty claim for the lamp and the time taken to fit the replacement - LR changed the supplier and after the next lamp change I never had any more issues with them until the car was sold

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 16-10-2013 04:19pm by XFullFatTim.)
16-10-2013 04:16pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BRO-T

I've just ordered a HID set off ebay. If they turn out to be decent I will post up links etc.
17-10-2013 08:10am
BA74

Thanks Bro!
Can't wait to hear how you go and get the links.

Gone - Range Rover Evoque - Si4 Pure - 5 Door Fuji White
17-10-2013 11:03am
Ray Parlour

(17-10-2013 08:10am)BRO-T Wrote:  I've just ordered a HID set off ebay. If they turn out to be decent I will post up links etc.

Who's the seller on eBay please?

5dr Pure SD4 Auto, Tech Pack, Front Fog lights, Indus + Ebony
17-10-2013 05:22pm
Jonathon555

Ap motor store are the ones i used, so far so good

SD4 Arrived, Fuji , 20" style wheels, Privacy glass, Front fogs, Auto wiper and Auto Lights, Black leather

MY Nuburburing & Track Videos http://www.youtube.com/user/jonathon555?...sults_main
18-10-2013 06:56pm
BRO-T

Morning all. Kit arrived yesterday less than 24 hours since i ordered it. Installed within 30 minutes.

Kit looks very professional and i am very pleased with the results. Make sure you read the diagrams carefully before installing. I wired my first ballast up wrong and scratched my head for 10 mins.

When installing, i found that there is loads of room within the RRE headlamp assembly. More than enough to house all of the HID kit wiring and ballast without the need for drilling holes etc in the back cover. Just be careful and put the 2 large black boxes into the assembly first followed by the wiring without bending our pushing too hard.

Brought mine off ebay for £39.99 inc delivery from apmotorstore.

Slight issue that one of my bulbs was dead on arrival. They have kindly started the RMA process and i should have a new bulb within a couple of days.

Sorry the store was called autoperformanceonline

Here's the link to what I purchased,
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/290864019304?s...1423.l2649

The results look amazing even in daylight. Where i had my ringmax bulbs and they gave off a yellow glow, these HID kits have a distinct white with a hint of blue. Can't wait to see them tonight. Sad i know!!
(This post was last modified: 19-10-2013 10:48am by BRO-T.)
19-10-2013 10:42am
Jonathon555

(19-10-2013 10:42am)BRO-T Wrote:  Morning all. Kit arrived yesterday less than 24 hours since i ordered it. Installed within 30 minutes.

Kit looks very professional and i am very pleased with the results. Make sure you read the diagrams carefully before installing. I wired my first ballast up wrong and scratched my head for 10 mins.

When installing, i found that there is loads of room within the RRE headlamp assembly. More than enough to house all of the HID kit wiring and ballast without the need for drilling holes etc in the back cover. Just be careful and put the 2 large black boxes into the assembly first followed by the wiring without bending our pushing too hard.

Brought mine off ebay for £39.99 inc delivery from apmotorstore.

Slight issue that one of my bulbs was dead on arrival. They have kindly started the RMA process and i should have a new bulb within a couple of days.

Sorry the store was called autoperformanceonline

Here's the link to what I purchased,
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/290864019304?s...1423.l2649

The results look amazing even in daylight. Where i had my ringmax bulbs and they gave off a yellow glow, these HID kits have a distinct white with a hint of blue. Can't wait to see them tonight. Sad i know!!

Good write up, same seller as i used bu i ot 8k

I also removed one of the feed wires and flipped the red feed

SD4 Arrived, Fuji , 20" style wheels, Privacy glass, Front fogs, Auto wiper and Auto Lights, Black leather

MY Nuburburing & Track Videos http://www.youtube.com/user/jonathon555?...sults_main
21-10-2013 08:32pm
BA74

Thanks for info guys
Quick Q? I assume you had to remove the headlights to install?

21-10-2013 08:57pm
Jonathon555

(21-10-2013 08:57pm)BA74 Wrote:  Thanks for info guys
Quick Q? I assume you had to remove the headlights to install?

No just remove the original bulbs, and undo the two 10mm bolts on the top of the nearside headlight . Pull yhe lever on the right side of the headlight and pull the light forward . That should give you more room to work with.

I am about to do my friends evoque , would some pictures / videos help ?

(This post was last modified: 21-10-2013 09:18pm by Jonathon555.)
21-10-2013 09:17pm
BA74

(21-10-2013 09:17pm)Jonathon555 Wrote:  No just remove the original bulbs, and undo the two 10mm bolts on the top of the nearside headlight . Pull yhe lever on the right side of the headlight and pull the light forward . That should give you more room to work with.

I am about to do my friends evoque , would some pictures / videos help ?

That would be perfect, thanks!
Am keen to do but watched a you tube clip that said I had to remove headlights... What you say makes sense.
Any info greatly appreciated.

21-10-2013 09:27pm