Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Tow bar Relay Part No
SpikePCR

Tow bar Relay Part No

Anybody has the part no for a factory fitted tow bar electric relay. Land rover want me to buy the whole tow- bar electrics. I just need the relay Smile
(This post was last modified: 04-11-2013 08:30am by SpikePCR.)
04-11-2013 08:29am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BFGEvoqueMan

RE: Tow bar Relay Part No

(04-11-2013 08:29am)SpikePCR Wrote:  Anybody has the part no for a factory fitted tow bar electric relay. Land rover want to see me the whole tow- bar electrics. I just need the relay Smile

You don't need a relay; the whole kit is plug and play and just add two fuses. You can get the kit on e-bay for the same price as a non dedicated kit that you have to hack around with the wiring loom for.

5 Dr SD4 Dynamic Plus (220PS!)
- Santorini Black with Indus Silver Roof
- Plus Pack (Agility Pimento/Ebony Oxford Leather)
- 20" Style 7 Alloy Wheels, Adaptive Bi-Xenon's with high beam assist, Aero Flip Spolier
- Keyless Entry, Privacy Glass, Auto dipping Interior Mirror, 825W stereo
04-11-2013 08:31am
SpikePCR

(04-11-2013 08:31am)BFGEvoqueMan Wrote:  You don't need a relay; the whole kit is plug and play and just add two fuses. You can get the kit on e-bay for the same price as a non dedicated kit that you have to hack around with the wiring loom for.

Thanks for the reply. However I bought the tow bar and electrics from my local land rover dealer last week. I decided to fit it on sunday on my own. After completion I see in the fitment guide that I need to put the 2 fuses and the relay in the fuse box inside the cubbyhole. But I couldn't find the relay and fuses in the kitt. So I call my dealer and explain to him the kitt didn't have the relay and fuses. He tells me it must be there because they don't sell the relay and fuses separate hence me posting here for a part no Sad.

Can anybody maybe take a pic of the relay and put it up please?
(This post was last modified: 04-11-2013 08:49am by SpikePCR.)
04-11-2013 08:37am
BFGEvoqueMan

(04-11-2013 08:37am)SpikePCR Wrote:  Thanks for the reply. However I bought the tow bar and electrics from my local land rover dealer last week. I decided to fit it on sunday on my own. After completion I see in the fitment guide that I need to put the 2 fuses and the relay in the fuse box inside the cubbyhole. But I couldn't find the relay and fuses in the kitt. So I call my dealer and explain to him the kitt didn't have the relay and fuses. He tells me it must be there because they don't sell the relay and fuses separate hence me posting here for a part no Sad.

Can anybody maybe take a pic of the relay and put it up please?

Sorry, got it. Difficult to post a picture as the fuse box is hidden behind the glove box; but the fuses are the same size as the rest in fuse box (but do check, on my last and current Evoque the fuses were already there).

Surely, if the kit was deficient the fuses and relays and you have all the packaging the parts manager should be exchanging the kit FOC for you??

- 20" Style 7 Alloy Wheels, Adaptive Bi-Xenon's with high beam assist, Aero Flip Spolier
04-11-2013 08:58am
SpikePCR

(04-11-2013 08:58am)BFGEvoqueMan Wrote:  Sorry, got it. Difficult to post a picture as the fuse box is hidden behind the glove box; but the fuses are the same size as the rest in fuse box (but do check, on my last and current Evoque the fuses were already there).

Surely, if the kit was deficient the fuses and relays and you have all the packaging the parts manager should be exchanging the kit FOC for you??

I did speak to my parts manager he is adamant that is was in there and I lost it Sad. I had a look at the fuse box no relay is there Sad. Its easier to see the relay from the foot well instead of opening the cubby. there is a cover at the bottom also
04-11-2013 09:06am
BFGEvoqueMan

Spike,

Have a look at my guide on this link:

http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Updated-T...structions

Looking at the fitting instructions for the 13 pin, then you only need the relay if you need the battery charging facility (pin 10 on the 13 pin, not sure which one for the 12S). The relay though is exactly the same as the on in slot.

Now, having got cold and wet the part you need is the same as the relay that is in slot RB2 in the luggage compartment fuse box. If you don't have a rear view camera or BLIS you won't have this relay. Assuming you do not have it then the part number on it is: 5M5T-14B192-AA. This is a FoMoCo (or Ford) part (FL2 origins coming through..), so it might be cheaper to source from your local Ford garage? Check out e-bay as well Thumbs Up

04-11-2013 09:33am
SpikePCR

(04-11-2013 09:33am)BFGEvoqueMan Wrote:  Spike,

Have a look at my guide on this link:

http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Updated-T...structions

Looking at the fitting instructions for the 13 pin, then you only need the relay if you need the battery charging facility (pin 10 on the 13 pin, not sure which one for the 12S). The relay though is exactly the same as the on in slot.

Now, having got cold and wet the part you need is the same as the relay that is in slot RB2 in the luggage compartment fuse box. If you don't have a rear view camera or BLIS you won't have this relay. Assuming you do not have it then the part number on it is: 5M5T-14B192-AA. This is a FoMoCo (or Ford) part (FL2 origins coming through..), so it might be cheaper to source from your local Ford garage? Check out e-bay as well Thumbs Up

You a super star. Thank you Smile
04-11-2013 09:41am