Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Purchased 2012 Prestige SD4 Auto - Impulse buy
chrisjako

Purchased 2012 Prestige SD4 Auto - Impulse buy

We have a 9 year old FL2, Wife said I want a new car 2 days later there is now a 2012 Prestige SD4 auto sat on our drive, i got it as I came across it from a really good deal but didn't have enough time to do due diligence on the models.

Its going into the dealers today for a full check-up and its 2nd service since i purchased it privately for a really good price, i read the prestige has all the best options whilst the dynamic is more for a sportier exterior look however I'm getting conflicting information online from newer models to what should be included

Is there anywhere where i can see what options where included with this model of car in this year, i thought the dynamic had the meridian upgraded sound system however when i had a quick blast it doesn't sound as good as the one in our current HSE freelander 2. it does have pano roof and auto boot lid and says its a "prestigesd4" in the log book, but i would like to check what the original purchaser opted for when they bought the car from new

any advice would be greatly appreciated
07-01-2016 09:59am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
recordman

RE: Purchased 2012 Prestige SD4 Auto - Impulse buy

A warm welcome!

Best way is to register on Topix https://topix.landrover.jlrext.com/topix...createForm
and enter the VIN. A list of the complete specification of the car will be available to view.

The basic Prestige didn't have a pano roof and powered tailgate as standard so these were added by the original buyer. The Lux versions of both Prestige and Dynamic did have those along with a number of other extras such as the 825w sound system, TV, blind spot monitor, park assist, surround cameras, keyless entry, etc. All of those items were available to add to the non Lux versions.

Good luck with the car, and if you get a chance let us see some photos.

2013 SD4 Prestige auto/5dr/OG/Fuji pano roof
07-01-2016 11:10am
PhilSkill

As recordman says Topix is free so worth a look, will also tell you if any outstanding dealer items are present, but these should be sorted if it's going in anyway.

You don't mention it's a LUX, so possibly has the 380W system, you can tell as the 825W will have surround options and speakers in the rear sides to the parcel shelf, the 380W will not. These were the only 2 options.

If you get bothered by not being able to close your Tailgate from the Keyfob or Dash Button, I have a fix for that! Wink

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
07-01-2016 12:43pm
chrisjako

Car is with the BM Servicing in Leeds for a service + some other bits for now so i cant check for a few days, i literally drove it back from York last night in the dark and dropped it straight off at the dealers, only listened to the radio on the way back so this may be why it sounded a bit naff

That site is fantastic recordman i got the whole list and it says i have BRANDED SOUND SYS (L3) along with LUXURY PACKAGE - I presume this doesn't mean the LUX pack and is only the 380W system?

these are what i don't have

LESS ADAPTIVE DAMPING
LESS AUTO HIGH BEAM
LESS AUTOMATED PARKING SYSTEM
LESS BLIND SPOT MONITORING SYS
LESS CORNERING LAMPS
LESS FUEL ECONOMY PACKAGES
LESS GARAGE DOOR OPENER
LESS HEADPHONES-REAR
LESS HEATED STEERING WHEELS
LESS HOOD SCOOP
LESS LOAD RETAINER LUGGAGE
LESS POLLUTION SENSOR
LESS PROXIMITY MIRRORS
LESS REAR ENTERTAINMENT SCREEN
LESS REAR SEAT TRAY
LESS ROOF RAILS
LESS SMOKERS PACKAGE
LESS SPARE WHEEL/IMS
LESS TIRE PRESSURE SENSORS
LESS TV RECEIVER
07-01-2016 01:12pm
PhilSkill

Check the hard plastic sides to the Rear parcel shelf, will tell you instantly.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
07-01-2016 01:56pm
AndyFrance

Good luck with your SD4 chrisjako!

I'm not convinced TOPIx can be trusted to show the correct build list (Minor feature's).......Or, perhaps it's the dealer that cannot be trusted.............Yet to find out which it is.

TOPIx lists bonnet vents on my car, but they're not on the car?
(This post was last modified: 07-01-2016 02:20pm by AndyFrance.)
07-01-2016 02:19pm
chrisjako

(07-01-2016 01:56pm)PhilSkill Wrote:  Check the hard plastic sides to the Rear parcel shelf, will tell you instantly.

Thanks - what's your re-fix for remote closing of the electronic tailgate? not that we would probably ever need it but I am a bit of a tinkerer myself and retrofitted MMI system with fibre optic ring into my 2012 Audi A5
07-01-2016 02:28pm
Steve D

(07-01-2016 02:28pm)chrisjako Wrote:  Thanks - what's your re-fix for remote closing of the electronic tailgate? not that we would probably ever need it but I am a bit of a tinkerer myself and retrofitted MMI system with fibre optic ring into my 2012 Audi A5

Phils remote tailgate closer is great. I bought one after I accidentally pushed the tailgate open button on my fob by mistake when locking my car. I was in a hotel room at the time and had to go out at night in the pissing rain to close it!

Santorini SD4A Dynamic Lux with shadow chromes, ebony leather and privacy glass. Very Happy
(This post was last modified: 07-01-2016 03:06pm by Steve D.)
07-01-2016 03:04pm
PhilSkill

(07-01-2016 02:28pm)chrisjako Wrote:  Thanks - what's your re-fix for remote closing of the electronic tailgate? not that we would probably ever need it but I am a bit of a tinkerer myself and retrofitted MMI system with fibre optic ring into my 2012 Audi A5

Its a small unit that fits inside the tailgate panel that activates the tailgate closing mechanism when it's open and you press the keyfob or the dash button. I make the odd 1 off for people who want them.

For USA/international based owners there is a guy direct in the USA on this forum does them too.

07-01-2016 04:30pm
chrisjako

(07-01-2016 04:30pm)PhilSkill Wrote:  Its a small unit that fits inside the tailgate panel that activates the tailgate closing mechanism when it's open and you press the keyfob or the dash button. I make the odd 1 off for people who want them.

For USA/international based owners there is a guy direct in the USA on this forum does them too.

£??
07-01-2016 05:26pm