Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Puncture!
Steve D

Puncture!

So, we're on holiday in the Peak District and are due to set off home tomorrow morning. Going out for our last meal tonight and I find I've got a puncture. Am I glad I insisted on a spare wheel. Changed the wheel, went out for our meal and it's just a slow drive home tomorrow where I can repair or replace the tyre myself at my leisure. Annoying thing is that I only fitted a set of Verde's less than one month/500 miles ago and I suspect it won't be repairable. The even more annoying thing was that the wife, who wasn't driving, said "I think this car's got a puncture" while I was still trying to work out what the horrible rumbling noise was! Embarrassed

Santorini SD4A Dynamic Lux with shadow chromes, ebony leather and privacy glass. Very Happy
27-10-2016 09:35pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PhilSkill

RE: Puncture!

It is frustrating when you damage a good tyre, I ripped the sidewall out of one of my 20" continental with less than 1mm of wear Sad

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
27-10-2016 11:27pm
syl

Didn't the TPMS warn you?

I had a puncture in a hire car (Mercedes) when skiing about 6 year ago. The TPMS did give a warning (in German), but it was obvious there was a puncture about 30 seconds before. The local garage insisted on only selling me a pair of tyres too (fortunately for me the insurance was picking up the tab).

MY17 RR Evoque TD4 Autobiography
MY17 RRS SDV6 Autobiography
27-10-2016 11:38pm
Steve D

Even though its a Dynamic Lux, no TPMS on 2012 models. Just run it up to work, whipped it off and found it unrepairable. Luckily I still had the best two tyres of those that I took off so I've fitted one of them on the rim until I can order another Scorpion Verde next week. The offending nail was INSIDE the tyre and apart from going into the shoulder, it had caused secondary damage to the inner sidewall so no amount of goo would have sealed it anyway. GET A SPARE!

I tell you what though, driving like nun all the way home from the Peak District with my space-saver spare saw my consumption go to 46.9 MPG! Just shows what a light foot can do!

Santorini SD4A Dynamic Lux with shadow chromes, ebony leather and privacy glass. Very Happy
28-10-2016 06:10pm