Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Puddle Lights
speary

Puddle Lights

There was a thread about puddle light not coming on when you open the door from the inside.
I also thought this was a fault, but I now think its designed that way.
When you approach the car from the outside, the light comes on and illuminates the ground beside the door where you will put your feet, thus enabling you to see puddles, dog poo etc. If you are in the car, there is no point in the light coming on because as you open the door the light moves forward with the mirror and doesnt illuminate the spot where you want to put your feet, so it doesnt come on. simples!!!!!!!!Wink

Pure Coupe SD4 Manual; Fuji White; 19" style 5 wheels; Addaptive Xenons; Auto Lights, Wipers and Rear Mirror; Folding mirrors with cool puddle lights. Magnoflow Exhaust finishers
21-09-2012 08:29am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Neo

Puddle Lights

Actually my puddle lamps turn on when I open the door from the inside!

SD4 Dynamic, Fuji white 5 door
Pano roof, Adaptive Dynamics, style 7 wheels, auto tailgate, reverse camera, rear vents

Ordered: April 2012 | Built: June 2012 | Delivered: 14 August 2012
21-09-2012 08:39am
speary

RE: Puddle Lights

Shocked

Pure Coupe SD4 Manual; Fuji White; 19" style 5 wheels; Addaptive Xenons; Auto Lights, Wipers and Rear Mirror; Folding mirrors with cool puddle lights. Magnoflow Exhaust finishers
21-09-2012 12:54pm
Neo

Puddle Lights

Dw it was a simpler shock when I found out our remotes can't globally close all the windows but other countries can

SD4 Dynamic, Fuji white 5 door
Pano roof, Adaptive Dynamics, style 7 wheels, auto tailgate, reverse camera, rear vents

Ordered: April 2012 | Built: June 2012 | Delivered: 14 August 2012
21-09-2012 01:43pm
Ianpembs

(21-09-2012 08:29am)speary Wrote:  There was a thread about puddle light not coming on when you open the door from the inside.
I also thought this was a fault, but I now think its designed that way.
When you approach the car from the outside, the light comes on and illuminates the ground beside the door where you will put your feet, thus enabling you to see puddles, dog poo etc. If you are in the car, there is no point in the light coming on because as you open the door the light moves forward with the mirror and doesnt illuminate the spot where you want to put your feet, so it doesnt come on. simples!!!!!!!!Wink
Simples indeed a good feature when approaching car from outside but on exit it would be nice to have a light at bottom of door to avoid dog poo on exit, also cars of this niche have a red light on door to warn on comers of a open door not even a reflector here. The Freelander has it I just wonder if this an oversight. However the cars fab
21-09-2012 06:30pm
griff

mine come on - it's just that as the light is in the wing mirror it moves away as you open the door.
Mk1 eyeball springs to mind when parking Smile

Arrived: SD4 Prestige Auto Coupe with Lux pack. Ipanema Sand with Black Panoramic Roof
Ambience Interior with Macassa wood.

Now a Jag XFR Kyanite Blue - wow what power.
At home and superb.
22-09-2012 09:11am
abcya

If I recall correctly, the puddle lights come on when you get out of the car only when you have the headlights on (or at least in the manual on / off settings. I don't think they come on when you get out of the car if the lights are in automatic mode.
Didn't quite understand the logic on this, but someone else with xenon automatic lights may be able to confirm as the car's not with me.

Firenze red Dynamic 5-door with Verve interior and pano roof
22-09-2012 06:23pm
Nowaytk

(22-09-2012 06:23pm)abcya Wrote:  If I recall correctly, the puddle lights come on when you get out of the car only when you have the headlights on (or at least in the manual on / off settings. I don't think they come on when you get out of the car if the lights are in automatic mode.
Didn't quite understand the logic on this, but someone else with xenon automatic lights may be able to confirm as the car's not with me.

I have my lights on auto, & yes the puddle lights come on, on exit.

evoque now gone, but not forgotten, on to bigger and better things
23-09-2012 05:15am
Ianpembs

Im confused now some do and some dont my prestige does not come on on exit. I wonder do the peoples whos cars do have keyless entry mine is non keyless entry.
23-09-2012 09:26am
mark_n

In truth, they are a gimmick because they don't illuminate where you are going to put your feet when you get out of the car. Marginally more useful when you return to it.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
23-09-2012 09:27am