Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 4.5 Average
Product recommendations
Evo-king

RE: Product recommendations

(02-05-2012 04:27pm)PhilSkill Wrote:  Looking forward to seeing the results Evo-king.

doug, I've been interested as to why you always recommend lambswool over microfibre mitts, I use a Microfibre Noodle mitt, seems fine and as you say good for the trim sections, but why not the body panels?

Phil posted pics tonight in the detailing thread.

Kimv.

Yes you can water down C2.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
(This post was last modified: 03-05-2012 10:05pm by Evo-king.)
03-05-2012 10:05pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
doug

(03-05-2012 09:57pm)Kimv Wrote:  Asked the question to Gtechniq about the difference between C2 and C1.5. They answered C2 can be watered down. 1L of C2 makes about 15-20L of top up dilution.

So is that a no on diluting C1.5 ? My mistake if that's the case Embarrassed just goes to show, you can't believe all what you read Laughing

[Image: mini-graphics-vehicles-244162.gif] ABOVE AND BEYOND
RRE sold after 5 happy years. Jag F-Pace owner now
03-05-2012 10:36pm
Kimv

Product recommendations

(03-05-2012 10:36pm)doug Wrote:  So is that a no on diluting C1.5 ? My mistake if that's the case Embarrassed just goes to show, you can't believe all what you read Laughing

Don't know if it's a definite "no". He just mentioned it as a good characteristic of C2 in a C2 vs C1.5 comparison. He did also mention he had more experience using C2 but that C1.5 seemed nice after using it only once. I've ended up ordering C2, it is more expensive though.

Dynamic SD4 Auto 5dr, Tech Pack, Santorini Black, Verve Interior with Ebony headlining, Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass, Solar Attenuating Glass, Style 7 Alloys, Adaptive Dynamics.
04-05-2012 12:12am
Kimv

And after some research on the detailing world forum, I've found that C1.5 is indeed NOT to be diluted.

Dynamic SD4 Auto 5dr, Tech Pack, Santorini Black, Verve Interior with Ebony headlining, Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass, Solar Attenuating Glass, Style 7 Alloys, Adaptive Dynamics.
04-05-2012 11:06am
simonc6875

No ones mentioned a dirt guard for your bucket. It sits at the bottom of your bucket, let's any dirt, grit etc.. Sit at the bottom of your bucket so any time you put ur wash mittin the bucket it doesn't collect any dirt on to it. Also get a decent alloy wheel brush to get into the back of your alloys.

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/washing-an...d_393.html

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/wheels-and...d_480.html

I've got both of these and they work a treat, especially the brush
04-05-2012 12:51pm
PhilSkill

With the Dirt/grit guard, surely it doesn't stop the dirt circulating round with the movement of the water particularly? and If you never put your mitt to the bottom of the bucket surely you wont pick up the grit again anyway... Obviously it can do not harm though so would still be recommended!

Now having learn't not to use brushes on my paintwork, I now can't bring myself to use brushes on my wheels either, I have a no-metal microfibre wheel block that works well, but would be no good for those small places on thin spoked wheels.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
04-05-2012 02:13pm
doug

(04-05-2012 11:06am)Kimv Wrote:  And after some research on the detailing world forum, I've found that C1.5 is indeed NOT to be diluted.

Thank you, Kimv for getting to the bottom on this question. In that case I will still use my C3 as a quick detailer.

[Image: mini-graphics-vehicles-244162.gif] ABOVE AND BEYOND
RRE sold after 5 happy years. Jag F-Pace owner now
04-05-2012 07:16pm
simonc6875

(04-05-2012 02:13pm)PhilSkill Wrote:  With the Dirt/grit guard, surely it doesn't stop the dirt circulating round with the movement of the water particularly? and If you never put your mitt to the bottom of the bucket surely you wont pick up the grit again anyway... Obviously it can do not harm though so would still be recommended!

Now having learn't not to use brushes on my paintwork, I now can't bring myself to use brushes on my wheels either, I have a no-metal microfibre wheel block that works well, but would be no good for those small places on thin spoked wheels.

The dirty, will stay beneath the guard at the bottom of the bucket. Even if you do let ur mitt go, it won't sit in the grit at the bottom of the bucket. You will find it used and recommended by the majority of professional valeter's

As for the brush, only use it to gain access behind the spokes. Never the face of the alloy. I have never used anything so good to gain access inside of the alloy unless your willing to remove the wheel itself and clean it that way.
04-05-2012 10:24pm
Evo-king

My detailer has also confirmed you cannot dilute C1.5.

As far a the Dirt/grit Guard is concerned I thought the idea was to rub your mitt across it to remove accumulated debris, thus releasing it and it would fall to the bottom of the bucket.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
05-05-2012 06:02pm
simonc6875

(05-05-2012 06:02pm)Evo-king Wrote:  My detailer has also confirmed you cannot dilute C1.5.

As far a the Dirt/grit Guard is concerned I thought the idea was to rub your mitt across it to remove accumulated debris, thus releasing it and it would fall to the bottom of the bucket.

Yes, your correct with that, the mitt can be rubbed against the dirt guard to release dirt from the mitt. But it also stop the mitt sitting at the bottom of the bucket if you remove it at times, thus stopping it sitting in the grit in the bottom of the bucket. It does the job it's meant to do.

This would have been covered in in many other posts, but a good snow foam/per wash is an excellent thing to have. I have used it now for a few years now and make a huge difference when cleaning your car.
05-05-2012 09:40pm