Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 4.5 Average
Product recommendations
Kimv

RE: Product recommendations

(29-03-2012 12:38pm)WB Wrote:  Autoglym are perfectly decent products and are often on 3 for 2.

If you're spending £100 I'd recommend you go for Gtechniq which are professional grade products with outstanding longevity and protection.

http://www.gtechniq.com

You'll probably need the following:

G-Wash shampoo
W2 - All purpose cleaner - excellent for interior, engine bay, tyres you name it.
T1 Tyre dressing
C1.5 Protective coating - can be used on paint, trim and wheels - 2 coats of this does the same job of adding gloss like a wax but with much better protection and beading which makes cleaning easier.
G1 Glass coating

If you need to do any polishing then their P1 polish is excellent too.

You'll probably also want a good quality large micro fiber drying towel (about £6 on ebay) and a sheepskin wash mitt (about £9-10).

You can get 7.5% discount if you register on DetailingWorld.co.uk too.

I'm ordering all of the above + L1 and C5 Wheel Armour. Does someone know if C1.5 > C2? Or is C1.5 just the slightly cheaper version? Or are they different products with different uses?

Dynamic SD4 Auto 5dr, Tech Pack, Santorini Black, Verve Interior with Ebony headlining, Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass, Solar Attenuating Glass, Style 7 Alloys, Adaptive Dynamics.
02-05-2012 08:48am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
doug

(02-05-2012 08:48am)Kimv Wrote:  I'm ordering all of the above + L1 and C5 Wheel Armour. Does someone know if C1.5 > C2? Or is C1.5 just the slightly cheaper version? Or are they different products with different uses?

C1.5 is the new & better product over C2. I find C1.5 gives more gloss over C2 & is sooooo easy to apply.
They both do the same job, of a paint/trim sealant which if applied correct & washed with PH neutral shampoo can last for up to 6 months.
Both can be watered down to use as a quick detail spray.
My C2 hasn't seen the light of day, since C1.5 hit the Market. Very Happy

[Image: mini-graphics-vehicles-244162.gif] ABOVE AND BEYOND
RRE sold after 5 happy years. Jag F-Pace owner now
02-05-2012 08:59am
Kimv

Great!! And I'm also still looking for a wash mitt. I found this on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.fr/Meguiars-Lambswool-Wa...4cf23a6cf9

I also saw some microfibre wash mitts and some other synthetic. Which one do you recommend?

Dynamic SD4 Auto 5dr, Tech Pack, Santorini Black, Verve Interior with Ebony headlining, Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass, Solar Attenuating Glass, Style 7 Alloys, Adaptive Dynamics.
02-05-2012 09:16am
doug

(02-05-2012 09:16am)Kimv Wrote:  Great!! And I'm also still looking for a wash mitt. I found this on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.fr/Meguiars-Lambswool-Wa...4cf23a6cf9

I also saw some microfibre wash mitts and some other synthetic. Which one do you recommend?

I would go with the Lambswool for the paint work. Meguiars is a good well know brand, so this one will be fine. Some of the cheaper ones just full apart after a few washes.
The micro fibre mitts are better for washing trim panels & wheels.
Dont forget a deep pile drying towel. Having two will save you time, I use a Mammoth towel to get the panels dry & a deep towel for getting in around the trim gaps etc..

02-05-2012 09:39am
Evo-king

My car is in for a whole days detailing with a GTechniq authorised detailer, will be post results some time tomorrow I hope.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
02-05-2012 12:56pm
PhilSkill

Looking forward to seeing the results Evo-king.

doug, I've been interested as to why you always recommend lambswool over microfibre mitts, I use a Microfibre Noodle mitt, seems fine and as you say good for the trim sections, but why not the body panels?

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
02-05-2012 04:27pm
doug

PhilSkill,
Nothing wrong with using a noodle. But a lambs wool mitt has a deeper pile which help draw any dirt particles away from the paint surface & as the pile is fairly loose, dirt particles can be rinised out more easily than micro fibre mitts.
Even you you wash a vehicle with a micro fibre cloth, it's still better than the 99p sponge Smile

02-05-2012 04:53pm
Rootsboy

(02-05-2012 08:59am)doug Wrote:  Both can be watered down to use as a quick detail spray.

from what i was aware i thought that it was only C2 that could be watered down and be used as a quick detailer and not C1.5

SD4 Prestige 5 Door Manual. Fuji White. 20" Style 6 Wheels. Vibe-Ebony Interior and Header. Panoramic Roof. AD. Privacy and Solar Attenuating Glass. Surround Camera, Heated Seats. Pollution Sensor. Rear Vents. 825W Sound and a Spare Wheel
03-05-2012 09:20pm
doug

(03-05-2012 09:20pm)Rootsboy Wrote:  from what i was aware i thought that it was only C2 that could be watered down and be used as a quick detailer and not C1.5

Roots boy,
I'm sure I read some ware C1.5 can be watered down, but I can't find it now so you've got me thinking.
But it's a water based product & as long as you only mix as you need to use it ( or it could go off) I can't see any reason why not, to use as a top up sealant after washing.

03-05-2012 09:35pm
Kimv

Product recommendations

(03-05-2012 09:35pm)doug Wrote:  Roots boy,
I'm sure I read some ware C1.5 can be watered down, but I can't find it now so you've got me thinking.
But it's a water based product & as long as you only mix as you need to use it ( or it could go off) I can't see any reason why not, to use as a top up sealant after washing.

Asked the question to Gtechniq about the difference between C2 and C1.5. They answered C2 can be watered down. 1L of C2 makes about 15-20L of top up dilution.

03-05-2012 09:57pm