Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Drying the Car.
Mudi1

RE: Drying the Car.

(19-05-2012 03:13pm)Evo-king Wrote:  I've seen those dog dryers, Adam my detailer mentioned them, but because he's a pro, he needed to know how much psi/air force they they put out, but they don't say, so he went for the dearer car dryer model.

I'm going to experiment with a hairdryer first, no doubt I'll look a complete pr-tt using one.

Bet you end up driving round the block, after the first time. Hair dryers are very noisy and neighbours like to look out when they know the noise is not a lawn mower or the bin lorries. You may end up on YouTube!
20-05-2012 06:50am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
smayo

Driving round the block is not always an option (especially on a day like today by me), as its damp out. Not raining but the roads are still damp and puddles around so all the hard work cleaning the car is wasted by the splatters it picks up driving around the block.

Ordered 17/2/12 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5dr, Mauritius Blue, Pan roof, 20" style 6 (gloss black), Vortex, Ebony Headlining, Ent Pack, Heated St. Wheel, Homelink, Pr Glass, Auto Dim r.view mirror, spare wheel
20-05-2012 08:15am
broady43

Rolling with LaughterRolling with Laughter
(20-05-2012 06:50am)Mudi1 Wrote:  Bet you end up driving round the block, after the first time. Hair dryers are very noisy and neighbours like to look out when they know the noise is not a lawn mower or the bin lorries. You may end up on YouTube!

5 door Pure sd4 Tech Fuji with black roof, tinted windows, ebony seats, style 4 alloys, xenons, fogs,black grille.
Arrived 29/03/2012.
20-05-2012 11:59am
Donny Dog

(20-05-2012 06:50am)Mudi1 Wrote:  Bet you end up driving round the block, after the first time. Hair dryers are very noisy and neighbours like to look out when they know the noise is not a lawn mower or the bin lorries. You may end up on YouTube!

Just sit a stuffed dog at the side of the car, and point the dryer at that if anyone's looking.
20-05-2012 01:40pm
speary

Mine is terrible for drips. A large amount of water is hidden behind the lower window trims. You can just see it hiding and when you think you have finished is just p!$$es down the side of the car. Also the mirrors have a habit of doing the same. To be honest it isnt too bad once you know where all the traps are.
Its a bit like going to the toilet and missing the last drop only not as embarassing Embarrassed

Pure Coupe SD4 Manual; Fuji White; 19" style 5 wheels; Addaptive Xenons; Auto Lights, Wipers and Rear Mirror; Folding mirrors with cool puddle lights. Magnoflow Exhaust finishers
01-06-2012 12:57pm