Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Problems with my RRS :(
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Problems with my RRS :(

Here you go guys - Corris Grey, Style 504 22" wheels, Privacy, F&R mudflaps and F&R Stainless Steel skidplates. Interior is Ebony/Lunar with Ebony headliner. I have the fixed Panoramic Roof. The car was already on order and the order locked when I was told it was available at Grange Garage so I couldn't change the spec. It was built 3 days after I said yes and delivered on 28th March. For me the only thing that I would have added would be the heated steering wheel - I've learned my lesson about adding hi-tech extras - you get zilch, zippo , nothing for them at all when it comes to part-ex values. My Evoque was "loaded" with all the extras except the spare wheel, tow pack, smokers pack, wade sensing and Solar Reflective Glass. Only the Lux pack counted for anything in the value.
The Plus, Black and Intelligence packs as well as the other options were valueless.................

[Image: image~2.jpg]
[Image: image~7.jpg]
[Image: image.jpg]

Ebony/Lunar door card.
[Image: image~8.jpg]

One other thing I was advised by several dealers - Fuji/Yulong White - used values are falling for white cars, don't order one as the used car market is flooded with white cars and people are less keen to buy a white used car at the moment, Silver, Bright Metallic (not dark) Blue or Dark Grey are in demand.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 13-04-2015 08:49am by XFullFatTim.)
13-04-2015 08:31am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Chrisr1806

Looks lovely Tim.

When you say bright blue, there isn't a bright blue in the range expect for Estoril. Loire may be dark but it transforms in the sun, so I'll count it as being bright too. Very Happy

Arrived: MY14.5 RRS HSE SDV6 in Loire Blue, Ivory interior, piano black trim, privacy glass,
panoramic sunroof, tow bar, mudflaps and full size spare Cool

Gone but not forgotten: 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE in Santorini Black, 19" Alloys, ebony interior,
piano black trim & grab handles, privacy glass, lux pack, rear spoiler, mudflaps and tow bar Very Happy
13-04-2015 10:12am
couplands

To be honest, I'm not sure it matters what spec you have when it comes to trade in. I swapped a Porcshe Cayman S for the Evoque. Was told that the colour was against it - silver...! Also, it didn't have many extras, so less desirable..!

I keep our cars cleaned and detailed, but that doesn't seem to count for much when trading in either.

It's a negotiation at the end of the day and each objection needs to be met with a valid and reasoned rebuttal. I suggest you buy a car to enjoy, not worry about future resale value. At least that's what I am doing...
13-04-2015 11:26am
XFullFatTim

Chris - in another forum you mentioned that you thought that the lower rear view was weak - I have the polished stainless steel scuff plate, goes nicely with the shiney tailpipes.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
13-04-2015 03:06pm
J77

Can't beat Mauritius Blue, I wish it was available on the DS. Loires great but man you don't half see all the dust on it. I should've followed the rest of the DS owners and went Corris.

The new RRS looking good, I fancy the scuff plates on the DS.

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
14-04-2015 04:06pm
Chrisr1806

Yep it does show the dust, but it's worth it when clean and is a little different. Corris is is too popular and there are too many about for my liking.

Tim, yours certainly does look good with the added chrome.

Arrived: MY14.5 RRS HSE SDV6 in Loire Blue, Ivory interior, piano black trim, privacy glass,
panoramic sunroof, tow bar, mudflaps and full size spare Cool

Gone but not forgotten: 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE in Santorini Black, 19" Alloys, ebony interior,
piano black trim & grab handles, privacy glass, lux pack, rear spoiler, mudflaps and tow bar Very Happy
(This post was last modified: 14-04-2015 05:53pm by Chrisr1806.)
14-04-2015 05:48pm
XFullFatTim

Hit the big FIVE OH today, mpg, not age (that is a bit over the horizon looking astern!) - managed to get the TC up to 50.5mpg at one point stuck in a long snake of traffic stuck behind two caravans with a large truck stuck behind them and nowhere safe to overtake, so I sat back at 40-45mph in 8th gear and watched the trip computer click up instead! Unfortunately I had to climb a little over the flyover over the M9 just outside Stirling and that knocked the mpg back before I could get a photo. When I took this one I was stopped in the long line of traffic waiting for the darned caravanists to make up their mind where they wanted to go next! Living in a national Park isn't always great and now the silly season has started it is worse.
[Image: MPG%20photo.jpg]

23-04-2015 05:51pm
doug

21c in Scotland Shocked

[Image: mini-graphics-vehicles-244162.gif] ABOVE AND BEYOND
RRE sold after 5 happy years. Jag F-Pace owner now
23-04-2015 10:54pm
jitenc

Listening to Radio 4 while stuck in traffic!

Got mine : Dynamic Fuji White with Lux Pack and black contrast roof.
Optional extras : Privacy glass, Heated steering wheel and TPMS.
Me: Very HappyVery Happy
24-04-2015 12:41am
Nowaytk

(23-04-2015 05:51pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Hit the big FIVE OH today, mpg, not age (that is a bit over the horizon looking astern!) - managed to get the TC up to 50.5mpg at one point stuck in a long snake of traffic stuck behind two caravans with a large truck stuck behind them and nowhere safe to overtake, so I sat back at 40-45mph in 8th gear and watched the trip computer click up instead! Unfortunately I had to climb a little over the flyover over the M9 just outside Stirling and that knocked the mpg back before I could get a photo. When I took this one I was stopped in the long line of traffic waiting for the darned caravanists to make up their mind where they wanted to go next! Living in a national Park isn't always great and now the silly season has started it is worse.
[Image: MPG%20photo.jpg]

Might be interesting to see what the incontrol said for that journey, just to see if th TC is more or less?

evoque now gone, but not forgotten, on to bigger and better things
24-04-2015 08:15am