Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Problems with my RRS :(
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Yes almost two weeks into ownership there is a problem, but it is a nice one to have!
There is no way it is ever going to get the claimed official combined mpg if I keep drivng it like I do................ it now has nearly 1000 miles on the odo and it is just so much fun to drive and so quiet that it is all too easy to being doing way illegal speeds even on back roads. The Dynamic setting on the TR seems to work much better with the airsuspension than with coils/ Magneride. You don't even need to mash the throttle to make it go like my previous TDv8 and TDv6's did. Press the throttle a little and it just kicks down a few gears and all those 700 torques leap into action, it squats down and goes like stink when you want to overtake and mine isn't even the 5.0ltr V8 S/C or the SVR, it's just the SDv6 3 ltr................. drawback is so far I've only managed to average 29.9mpg over 955 miles and two tanks ful of go juice. Refuelling brim to brim is a pain though as the filler nozzzle is VERY narrow and the misfuelling device flapper very strongly sprung so I cannot do my usual fill up until you see the diesel in the filler tube........... I don't like doing it pump cut off to pump cut-off as some diesel brands foam more than others triggering the cut off early. The filler tube is so narrow that LR supplies a special filler in the boot to allow you to use a jerry can in emergency! I would now love to try a 5.0ltr V8.....................

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 11-04-2015 03:38pm by XFullFatTim.)
11-04-2015 03:31pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Nowaytk

RE: Problems with my RRS :(

All I can say Tim is, DO NOT try the 5.0 S/C. Laughing my dealer let me take one out for an hour Shocked and I'm still trying to find out what body part I can get the most for.

evoque now gone, but not forgotten, on to bigger and better things
11-04-2015 04:05pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Noway, it is such a different car from the Mk1, even the TDv8 (which wasn't a slouch) felt heavy and cumbersome compared to the Mk2 SDV6.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
11-04-2015 04:27pm
Nowaytk

The only mk1 I've driven, was a SDV6 AB, which sowed the seeds to get one, then the mk2 came out which made me think I HAD to get one. While it was on order I was at the dealers and mentioned to him I wonder what the SC is like, and to my amazement he said the demo they had was in, so take it out for an hour, even tho he knew I'd just ordered the SDV6 and wouldn't be getting one, maybe he thought it worked once so why not,

11-04-2015 05:42pm
Simplesimon

Should you guys be posting still on an evoque forum!!?!

It's depressing the hell out of me!!
11-04-2015 07:05pm
MartinP

When I collected my car last week they had a SVR in the showroom which the sales guys were demonstrating to a potential customer. Problem was that it was in the showroom and the glass started shaking as they revved it up! It didn't take the gloss of my new car though!

Retired! SD4 Manual, Prestige 5 door, Havana with Ambiance interior, plus lux pack and spare wheel.
Arrived! SD4 Auto, Autobiography 5 door, Kaikoura Stone with Tan interior, HUD/Solar glass, ACC, Lane Departure warning, Sign recognition plus spare wheel. Built 16 March. Collected 2 April.
[Image: 129200.png]
11-04-2015 09:33pm
Chrisr1806

The SDV6 and RRS really are. Perfect pair. I do need to have a spin in a supercharged though.

Arrived: MY14.5 RRS HSE SDV6 in Loire Blue, Ivory interior, piano black trim, privacy glass,
panoramic sunroof, tow bar, mudflaps and full size spare Cool

Gone but not forgotten: 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE in Santorini Black, 19" Alloys, ebony interior,
piano black trim & grab handles, privacy glass, lux pack, rear spoiler, mudflaps and tow bar Very Happy
12-04-2015 01:12pm
Nowaytk

(11-04-2015 07:05pm)Simplesimon Wrote:  Should you guys be posting still on an evoque forum!!?!

It's depressing the hell out of me!!

Got the same problem over there, everybody's getting SVR's, supercharged's or autobiography's, so me with my poverty spec HSE needs a lift somewhere Laughing.

I still frequent here as I wanted to keep in the loop on the off road day, well that's my excuse & I'm sticking to it Rolling with Laughter

12-04-2015 01:21pm
AAA86

Share your pics guys! Maybe it will inspire us to make more and upgrade!
12-04-2015 08:12pm
Chrisr1806

(12-04-2015 01:21pm)Nowaytk Wrote:  Got the same problem over there, everybody's getting SVR's, supercharged's or autobiography's, so me with my poverty spec HSE needs a lift somewhere Laughing.

I still frequent here as I wanted to keep in the loop on the off road day, well that's my excuse & I'm sticking to it Rolling with Laughter

We're a select few with HSEs. Laughing

I'll post a picture if I can dig one out. Wink

Arrived: MY14.5 RRS HSE SDV6 in Loire Blue, Ivory interior, piano black trim, privacy glass,
panoramic sunroof, tow bar, mudflaps and full size spare Cool

Gone but not forgotten: 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE in Santorini Black, 19" Alloys, ebony interior,
piano black trim & grab handles, privacy glass, lux pack, rear spoiler, mudflaps and tow bar Very Happy
12-04-2015 09:15pm