Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Problem with 'Easy Entry/Exit' feature
mstraka

Problem with 'Easy Entry/Exit' feature

I have 'Easy Entry/Exit' turned on in the Vehicle Set-up display. Usually I turn the car off while it is in the Sport or Drive range with my foot on the brake and the transmission returns to the Park position by itself. Very convenient but the 'Easy Entry/Exit' feature doesn't work when opening the door. If I manually turn the knob to park and then turn the car off the 'Easy Entry/Exit' works when I open the door. I have a 2013 Evoque coupe and another 2013 Evoque owner also experiences this problem. Was this ever corrected on 2014 and later Evoques? Do all years experience this problem?
28-10-2015 01:27pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RacingSnake

RE: Problem with 'Easy Entry/Exit' feature

I can't say I've ever noticed this - but will test it out tonight....
thats said, I have about 5mm travel on my easy entry/exit as I'm quite tall so my seat is already fairly low!

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
Should be end of April (was March, then April, then end of May/June).
Collected, Friday 13th Shocked April 2012
29-10-2015 01:49pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The Valeter

When I had my Dynamic Lux the easy enrty/exit feature had a mind of its own. My freelander that I have now does the same.

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
30-10-2015 01:10am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Steve D

Had to check mine and mine also does the same (didn't know about switching it off in drive). Now I have the hardest of decisions to make: Go through the whole damn rigmarole of turning that gear selector into the park position or suffering the inconvenience of getting in and out of the car on a seat that's 10mm higher than it could be. And they say cars are improving..........

Santorini SD4A Dynamic Lux with shadow chromes, ebony leather and privacy glass. Very Happy
30-10-2015 08:18am
Pete

After reading this thread, it's also occurred to me that the easy exit doesn't always do the right thing. Then this morning, the answer came to me.

If I drive forwards and park, most of the time, I'll simply turn off the engine and leave, as we know, this puts the gearbox in park, but doesn't prompt the easy exit.

However, if I reverse into a space, I'll pretty much always flip the knob to Park before turning off. I don't know why I do this, it's just habit. I guess if you force yourself to use the Park position more often, the habit will form.

This feature used to be in my Merc E class too, it was especially nice as the steering wheel lifted away at the same time as the seat dropped.
30-10-2015 08:46am
Donny Dog

I always turn mine back to 'park' out of habit, but every automatic I've ever had has been the same, I would have thought that it was quite normal. Indeed, I assumed that the gear knob returning to 'park' on its own if you failed to select it yourself was just a safety feature.

The 'Easy Entry' feature is, however, useless, as the amount of movement is negligible - I have substituted it with a third seat-memory setting that takes the seat fully back. Someone mentioned that theirs only moved imperceptibly because they are tall - well ours is the same and my wife and I are small! By contrast, my SL500's seats move fully down and back for entry/exit, and it makes no sense that the Evoque doesn't do the same, as clearly there is sufficient 'travel' in the mechanism.
(This post was last modified: 30-10-2015 11:08am by Donny Dog.)
30-10-2015 11:02am
mstraka

I hope Land Rover can correct this with a software update. I'm surprised that this operational glitch hasn't been posted before, or at least acknowledged by Land Rover. I first thought that it was a problem in just my Evoque until I discovered the conditions which controlled the feature working or not. I have a coupe with reduced head room. Without Easy Entry/Exit it makes entering the Evoque frustrating.

Land Rover are you listening?
30-10-2015 01:40pm
Steve D

I thought the coupe required the seats to move fully forward electrically to allow rear seat passengers to get out? If so, there'll be a long(er) wait if it first has to lower and move fully back for the driver to get out then move fully forward for the rear passengers. One way or another, someone's not going to be happy!

Santorini SD4A Dynamic Lux with shadow chromes, ebony leather and privacy glass. Very Happy
31-10-2015 09:52am
Koidream

My seat lowers when I open the door.

BMW 315
BMW 518
Daihatsu Rocky 2.8D
BMW 320i
BMW R100RT
Triumph Spitfire 1500
Rover 623 Si
BMW 518i
Alfa Romeo 156 1.9JTD
VOLVO S60 D5
Range Rover Evoque TD4

[Image: 343895.png]
31-10-2015 04:22pm
mstraka

(31-10-2015 04:22pm)Koidream Wrote:  My seat lowers when I open the door.

Do the seats lower when you've shut the car off leaving the selector in "D" or "S" position?
31-10-2015 05:11pm