Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
Prestige Vs Dynamic Exterior
Asty

RE: Prestige Vs Dynamic Exterior

(14-02-2012 04:40pm)cjfp Wrote:  @Asty - but there is a petrol Dynamic, so if you want the oomph then buy the petrol Dynamic.

That's my point. I was shocked at the lack of performance from the diesel 190, even making the Skoda Yeti feel fast! Not driven the petrol yet but feel the top model should be pulling 0-60 in 7.0s before the dynamic earns its name.

A very nice compliment as a second car though. Quiet, smooth mile eater with oodles of toys. Makes X5 seem spartan in comparison!
14-02-2012 07:43pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Coolbanana

(14-02-2012 07:43pm)Asty Wrote:  That's my point. I was shocked at the lack of performance from the diesel 190, even making the Skoda Yeti feel fast! Not driven the petrol yet but feel the top model should be pulling 0-60 in 7.0s before the dynamic earns its name.

A very nice compliment as a second car though. Quiet, smooth mile eater with oodles of toys. Makes X5 seem spartan in comparison!

The Si4 does 60 in 7.1 sec as I recall and feels good for it. That's quick for an SUV and does lend itself to allowing the Evoque to call itself sporty methinks. I've had car's that are far, far quicker; true sports cars that get to 60 in under 5 seconds but until a remap comes along, the 7.1 is fine and feels nicely brisk.

I'm enjoying driving my Evoque and really happy to have opted for petrol as I think it suits its nature and appearance - in Dynamic.

Car:Range Rover Sport 3.0SDV6 HSE - Orkney Grey, Almond interior and with lots of options
Bike:Ducati Monster 1100 EVO
14-02-2012 07:59pm
Asty

(14-02-2012 07:59pm)Coolbanana Wrote:  The Si4 does 60 in 7.1 sec as I recall and feels good for it. That's quick for an SUV and does lend itself to allowing the Evoque to call itself sporty methinks. I've had car's that are far, far quicker; true sports cars that get to 60 in under 5 seconds but until a remap comes along, the 7.1 is fine and feels nicely brisk.

I'm enjoying driving my Evoque and really happy to have opted for petrol as I think it suits its nature and appearance - in Dynamic.

I'm drawn to the petrol, but prefer the prestige interior so it'll be a prestige diesel auto for me. We have a Z4 35i for fun days, otherwise I'd be with you.
14-02-2012 08:52pm
Coolbanana

(14-02-2012 08:52pm)Asty Wrote:  I'm drawn to the petrol, but prefer the prestige interior so it'll be a prestige diesel auto for me. We have a Z4 35i for fun days, otherwise I'd be with you.

Z4 35i is glorious - excellent car! I've had a remapped 335i and a Z4M in the past. I bought a Suzuki GSX-R600 L1 bike last year for rapid acceleration speed thrills.

Car:Range Rover Sport 3.0SDV6 HSE - Orkney Grey, Almond interior and with lots of options
Bike:Ducati Monster 1100 EVO
14-02-2012 09:38pm
Asty

The 335 engine in the 35i is the best car engine combo I've ever owned. Shame it's not ideal for trips over to France! Got a Kia C'eed estate for practical use but the Evoque has the same wow factor we felt with the roaster - so just gotta have one Smile

Me and the wife used to do bikes but sold them due to lack of use. The wife loved her blade but we went back to two cars instead. Enjoy the gixxer though, fun fun bike!

Back on topic, the Dynamic with blacked out windows and bling bling wheels is the one to have. And while you're at it, get it wrapped too!
14-02-2012 09:53pm
Rootsboy

im still a love my prestige even though after seeing the OG Dynamics which i think look amazing.
there is still something i prefer about the Prestige's view from the side, even though i prefer the look of the Dynamic from the front.
still unsure on the exhausts, the Dynamic's don't seem to have been implemented very well, and i think if the Prestige's were just a little larger, they would look great.
but after seeing other cars about, i do like the fact i have big bling 20inch wheels on mine, and if its kept clean it makes a real difference in presence.

SD4 Prestige 5 Door Manual. Fuji White. 20" Style 6 Wheels. Vibe-Ebony Interior and Header. Panoramic Roof. AD. Privacy and Solar Attenuating Glass. Surround Camera, Heated Seats. Pollution Sensor. Rear Vents. 825W Sound and a Spare Wheel
17-02-2012 02:18pm