Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Prestige Ordered but not sure on Interior and Wheels
Martynk

Prestige Ordered but not sure on Interior and Wheels

Hi All

Just confirming my order with the garage, and have pretty much decided to go with a Prestige 5 door SD4 Auto with Lux pack. Still dithering about the wheel styles though, the garage recommends the 19" with the prestige as it gives the best ride (happy with that liking comfort rather than sport) but having not seen an Evoque yet, I only have the videos showing the standard Diamond turned alloys, but the 19" sparkle silver alloys also look pretty good. Anyone seen them actually fitted yet?

Having always had black cars the only option for this year seems to be Samatra Black, which I am going to match with Ambiance, rather than a black interior, but again odd comments on the forum about colour stains from things like wet jeans make me wonder if just to go for all black inside as well.

Any feedback on the wheels and Ambiance as a choice would be welcome - I have yet to see anything other than videos of the colours.

MartynK
26-07-2011 07:39pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ant

RE: Prestige Ordered but not sure on Interior and Wheels

I've gone for Prestige in Firenze with the ambience interior. It is light and will be ore difficult to keep looking clean than black but I'm prpeared for that (kids grown up). I've gone for style 4 19" wheels - the 6 spokes as they are my personal favourite and will give a smooth ride, be good offroad and are less prone to kerbing. It is all a matter of personal taste and choice though!
ANT

Prestige, 5 dr, SD4 Auto, Firenze, Lux, Ambience, Adaptive Dynamics, (+other options).
Current cars: Evoque: 1972 Stag: 2008 C4 Grand Picasso x 2: 2004 Defender 110: LDV flatbed (for moving the Stag)
Gone: Aston Martin DB9Crying, RRS, FFRR x 5, Classic Minis x loads, 1987 Defender 110.
27-07-2011 04:03pm
Blackseries

I've gone for a Prestige in Sumatra Black with the ambience interior. Yes I know its light but I've had light RR interiors before and they stand up to day to day abuse very well - give them a valet and they look like new . The comments about jeans staining seats I think probably says more about the quality of the clothing than the quality of the interior. I have chosen 20" Style 6 wheels together with AD which I hope will give a decent ride quality. I have pretty much bought this car because I love the way it looks and the "ambience" - no pun intended - of the interior so my choice of wheels I'm rather ashamed to say has been based on looks above everything else. If they did a style 6 in 19" all my prayers would be answered. BTW I'm putting a dynamic rear bumper on mine to get the full Black LRX look.

SD4 Prestige Sport Auto 5 Door, Sumatra Black with Ambience interior, Magneride AD, 20" Style 6 Wheels, Panoramic Roof, Surround Cameras, Electric Tailgate, ADRVM.......& Heated Steering Wheel......Gorgeous
27-07-2011 07:43pm
Daigriff

Ive gone for a Prestige in Barolo black with ambience interior.

It looked fantastic at the Evoquelive event and thats why I went for it. Like Blackseries, I went for the style 6 20's purely on looks. I reckon the light interior wil be fine but my kids are "young adults" so days of sticky fingers and squashed chocolate on seats should be gone...although will have to have a word with Mrs DG as shes partial to choccy!!!!

Arrived 16th December 2011: 5 door Prestige SD4 auto in Barolo black with ambience interior, pano roof, privacy and 20" style 6 alloys.Very Happy
27-07-2011 08:03pm
Martynk

Thanks for the responses - I was at a show with some Range Rovers (no Evoques sadly) but gave me a chance to see the Ambiance style interior, and the RRs were in Santorini black which were nice. Looked at the black interior and thought it was a tad dark for me. The RR salesguy did say that he thought that the classic internal colours like Spirit would be in more demand if the car was traded in over the years to come, than the standard colours, but I guess that's personal preference.

Still thinking about the 20" wheels - I got the impression that ride comfort is best on the 19" from the RR salesguy, but as you say the 20" style 6 wheels look good.

When you say Dynamic rear bumper - is that basically a black bit around the exhaust area rather than silver? Still not sure about Samatra black, having not seen it, is it very flat, or a bit speckled like the others? - thinking about paying the extra for the Borola black colour, but off to RR saturday to lok at some swatches.

Thanks
27-07-2011 10:00pm
Blackseries

(27-07-2011 10:00pm)Martynk Wrote:  When you say Dynamic rear bumper - is that basically a black bit around the exhaust area rather than silver?

It’s the silver and black bits .... but I'm doing it mainly to get the two square exhausts.

(27-07-2011 10:00pm)Martynk Wrote:  Still not sure about Samatra black, having not seen it, is it very flat, or a bit speckled like the others? - thinking about paying the extra for the Borola black colour, but off to RR saturday to lok at some swatches.

Sumatra on a car looks much better than it does on the swatches for some reason. The dealer swatches look really flat ....almost non metallic... but on a car in normal light I think you'd be hard pressed to tell the difference from Santorini. Your LR dealer should have some Sumatra Freelander 2's by now so go and check one out. Barolo is very nice also but if you are after a black black don't be afraid of Sumatra.

SD4 Prestige Sport Auto 5 Door, Sumatra Black with Ambience interior, Magneride AD, 20" Style 6 Wheels, Panoramic Roof, Surround Cameras, Electric Tailgate, ADRVM.......& Heated Steering Wheel......Gorgeous
27-07-2011 10:58pm
Martynk

Thanks for that - Gives me a lot more confidence about the Sumatra colour, hopefully some in stock when I go down on saturday. Also feeling a bit more relaxed about Ambiance as a colour, as I usually keep the car fairly clean anyway.

One more question - does the remote heater come as standard with any of the packs? Couldnt see it on the list.
28-07-2011 08:13am
ant

@blackseries
Are you getting your rear Dynamic bumper directly from your dealer and is he fitting it before delivery? Are you going for the Dynamic front as well?
What's the cost?
Apologies if you've posted this elswhere ... I might have missed it.
ANT

Prestige, 5 dr, SD4 Auto, Firenze, Lux, Ambience, Adaptive Dynamics, (+other options).
Current cars: Evoque: 1972 Stag: 2008 C4 Grand Picasso x 2: 2004 Defender 110: LDV flatbed (for moving the Stag)
Gone: Aston Martin DB9Crying, RRS, FFRR x 5, Classic Minis x loads, 1987 Defender 110.
28-07-2011 10:42am
ant

@blackseries
Are you getting your rear Dynamic bumper directly from your dealer and is he fitting it before delivery? Are you going for the Dynamic front as well?
What's the cost?
ANT

28-07-2011 10:42am
Blackseries

(28-07-2011 10:42am)ant Wrote:  @blackseries
What's the cost?
ANT

Getting the bumper from the dealer approx £700 before painting & fixing. I'm just having the front "kick plate" (is that what they are called?) painted to match Dynamic (& rear) i.e. outer curve bright silver and the inner part metallic Black. OK the front bumper isn’t as deep as a Dynamic but I think even I would be hard pushed to spot the difference..... and its better for off roading!

And all because I wanted a Dynamic with an Ivory interior.....

28-07-2011 11:22am