Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Premium Car Mats
Mudi1

RE: Premium Car Mats

Interesting point Donny. Prestige look exactly the same as Dynamic.

My point was that if I paying for an additional option I would expect the metal edged ones, which do look superior and thick pile! Do you think these should have been on the prestige then if classed as premium?
20-05-2012 10:13pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Donny Dog

(20-05-2012 10:13pm)Mudi1 Wrote:  Interesting point Donny. Prestige look exactly the same as Dynamic.

My point was that if I paying for an additional option I would expect the metal edged ones, which do look superior and thick pile! Do you think these should have been on the prestige then if classed as premium?

'Premium' mats isn't an additional option with a Prestige, the brochure is quite clear that they come as standard, and specifically describe the mats as being a specification item "in addition to Dynamic" (that is, something you get with a Prestige that you don't get with a Dynamic). So, yes, you should have got them. However, it is clear that LR have decided to vary, withdraw, or simply ignore the quoted Prestige specification, as obviously they are not actually being supplied as described.
20-05-2012 11:28pm
ytshome

If you look at the previous and lengthy thread on this you will see what the problem is and put simply, LR have conned many of us. You will see that nick from LRCS has said that she would sort this but the truth is much more political than that. I'm afraid that she responded by private email and despite promising to update the thread she didn't do that to my knowledge.

Arrived. Prestige SD4 Auto 5DR OG September 11
21-05-2012 12:00am
crimson_flames

*Update*

Just got back from the dealer and they are ordering in the premium mats. Very Happy

Just a note for those out there if you have ordered the prestige you should be getting the thick pile mats with the metal edging (similar to those in the RRS).

Those that ordered dynamic and ticked the option for the premium mats (like me) should be getting 2 sets of mats as the dynamic comes with mats with edging (with the evoque logo) as well as the premium mats.

Also on an end note for those about to purchase an evoque and wanted the premium mats, I suggest to buy it later as it will add to the luxury car tax, that was the mistake I did and realised too late.

Cheers
21-05-2012 03:39am
MartinP

Thanks for clarifying Donny and I agree that it looks like LR have changed things here and lowered the spec. I will raise it with my dealer and see what happens.

Retired! SD4 Manual, Prestige 5 door, Havana with Ambiance interior, plus lux pack and spare wheel.
Arrived! SD4 Auto, Autobiography 5 door, Kaikoura Stone with Tan interior, HUD/Solar glass, ACC, Lane Departure warning, Sign recognition plus spare wheel. Built 16 March. Collected 2 April.
[Image: 129200.png]
21-05-2012 12:42pm
Mudi1

Please do Martin, because a picture is of Donny's as premium in my 2012 paper brochure, but the picture of those mats is missing from the on-line 2012 brochure.
21-05-2012 04:03pm
MartinP

A quick update...I raised this with my dealer who looked into it and agreed with the argument that the incorrect mats had been supplied. They agreed to take this up with LR. Just had a note from them to say they have a new set for me to collect the next time I'm passing. So if you think you have been short changed by LR please raise the issue with your dealer.
Thanks also to DD!

Retired! SD4 Manual, Prestige 5 door, Havana with Ambiance interior, plus lux pack and spare wheel.
Arrived! SD4 Auto, Autobiography 5 door, Kaikoura Stone with Tan interior, HUD/Solar glass, ACC, Lane Departure warning, Sign recognition plus spare wheel. Built 16 March. Collected 2 April.
[Image: 129200.png]
29-05-2012 06:34pm
ytshome

(29-05-2012 06:34pm)MartinP Wrote:  A quick update...I raised this with my dealer who looked into it and agreed with the argument that the incorrect mats had been supplied. They agreed to take this up with LR. Just had a note from them to say they have a new set for me to collect the next time I'm passing. So if you think you have been short changed by LR please raise the issue with your dealer.
Thanks also to DD!

I did with LR Stourbridge and they were less than helpful and needless to say I still have the cheap set. But I guess they do have their 34% increased profit margin to chase.

Arrived. Prestige SD4 Auto 5DR OG September 11
29-05-2012 10:47pm