Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 4 Average
Pre production model? Memory seats question
Acwats

Pre production model? Memory seats question

Popped into Wakefilrd LR dealership yesterday as I was in the area. They had a black 5 door Prestige in the showroom that only had the memory buttons on the drivers door?

Do all cars with electric seats have separate memory buttons for driver and passenger?

I'd have asked the sales guy but his knowledge of spec was not good. He said their Pure was completely standard except for its 20" wheels. When I pointed out the front fogs and xenons he still didn't get it Rolling Eyes

MY16 HSE Dynamic Scotia Grey with Lunar/Ice Interior. 508's, Pano Roof, Privacy, Auto Tailgate, Heated s/wheel, spare
16-09-2011 09:59pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Spiderman

RE: Pre production model? Memory seats question

(16-09-2011 09:59pm)Acwats Wrote:  Popped into Wakefilrd LR dealership yesterday as I was in the area. They had a black 5 door Prestige in the showroom that only had the memory buttons on the drivers door?

Do all cars with electric seats have separate memory buttons for driver and passenger?

I'd have asked the sales guy but his knowledge of spec was not good. He said their Pure was completely standard except for its 20" wheels. When I pointed out the front fogs and xenons he still didn't get it Rolling Eyes

The Dynamic seats only have memory buttons for the drivers side, the Dynamic Plus seating has them for both passenger & driver. I understood the Prestige had memory buttons for both sides also, but perhaps I am mistaken on this model.

Quit work - Get some stuff - Go somewhere - Have some fun
(This post was last modified: 17-09-2011 06:37am by Spiderman.)
17-09-2011 12:14am
bogstomper

The Dynamic I had today (non-Lux) had them on both doors.
17-09-2011 12:27am
vision*R

In Belgium only the Coupe has both memory seats. The 5d has electric seats for both but the passenger doesn't have memory settings. Prestige or Dynamic are the same.
Stupid difference really and I've only noticed this after checking the spec list now that you've asked this question...

Prestige TD4 5d / Fuji White / Tech pack / Parallel park / Pano / Order 26/01/2011 / Build 13/12/11 / Arrival 04/01/2012
(This post was last modified: 17-09-2011 09:06am by vision*R.)
17-09-2011 09:03am
berlin2011

Just checked the spec lists as well and all the models has memory for both Passenger and Driver on Coupe (Pure needs upgraded seat option for any memory function) while 5dr always have only Driver memory function.

The only way to get memory function on 5dr Passenger seat is to go for Dynamic and then add Plus pack

Current: SD4 Dynamic Auto, 5 Door, Orkney Grey with Black Contrast Pano roof and 20" Shadow Chrome wheels. Pursuit interior. [countdown="Hand over"]15th June 2013 2:00pm[/countdown]

Gone: Si4 Prestige Auto Coupe, Orkney Grey with Panoramic Roof, Element interior, Shadow Chrome 20" wheels with most of the bits & pieces loaded. [countdown="Hand over"]29th November 2011 2:00pm[/countdown]
17-09-2011 09:21am
tigerninefive

I looked at a Pure coupe in the dealer today at Park Royal and it had electric driver's adjustment (fore/aft/height/recline), but no memory buttons on the door? Any idea why this is? I wouldn't want my Pure to arrive with electric seats and no memory, as that would miss the point.

Arrived: Pure SD4 5dr auto, OG, tech pack, style pack, pana roof, power tailgate
18-09-2011 11:51pm
vision*R

Standard:
Front seats - manual driver's adjustment including recline, electric height and manual passenger's recline (6/4 way)

Cost option:
Front seats - electric driver adjustment including recline, height, lumbar support, memory and electric passenger's recline, lumbar support (6/4 way). Must be ordered with auto-dimming, auto-dipping, power-folding exterior mirrors with memory function.

So I guess the standard seats are part electric, part manual? They become fully electric with memory if you have the upgrade (part of the Pure Style Pack).

Prestige TD4 5d / Fuji White / Tech pack / Parallel park / Pano / Order 26/01/2011 / Build 13/12/11 / Arrival 04/01/2012
(This post was last modified: 19-09-2011 07:18am by vision*R.)
19-09-2011 07:14am
tigerninefive

Possibly, but I'm pretty sure that these were fully electric which I thought was really strange... if anyone visits the Park Royal dealership have another look, it was the showroom model. Maybe it was a build error to omit the memory buttons! Definitely comes with memory on the style pack as you say.

Arrived: Pure SD4 5dr auto, OG, tech pack, style pack, pana roof, power tailgate
19-09-2011 08:46am
tigerninefive

Just seen the answer in the September price list: as standard the Pure coupe has electric seats without memory (and the 5-door has manual seats.)

19-09-2011 09:29pm
Acwats

I'm sure it was a 5 door prestige

I'm still confused, I've ordered Pure with Style pack and the new price guide suggests that both seats have memory - Page 8, however if you look at the description on the standalone seat option the text suggests only drivers seat has memory -page11 Sept 2011 price list pdf

Not too bothered about memory for the passenger but some clarity from LR would be appreciated.

MY16 HSE Dynamic Scotia Grey with Lunar/Ice Interior. 508's, Pano Roof, Privacy, Auto Tailgate, Heated s/wheel, spare
19-09-2011 10:20pm