Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Power tailgate won't close from Inside the car
PhilSkill

RE: Power tailgate won't close from Inside the car

Hi HotLap, yes look for Doug Robling he sells units in the states. You need make no changes to the Keyfob or any existing functionality, just add the feature you expect, to be able to close from keyfob or button on Dash.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
13-10-2016 11:34pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
VirtualCamper

@PhilSkill

Do you offer any other mods for the Evoque? other than the power tailgate closure module.

2017 Evoque SE Tech - Kaikoura Stone - > PREVIOUSLY - 5dr Pure Mauritius blue with panoramic roof, power tailgate.
08-01-2017 11:28pm
beaker9199

Do you still have the kits for a my2013?
30-01-2017 09:53am
window

I have had rattling tailgate since before November 2016. The dealer has had one attempt to fix it without success. I am having to wait for the overworked? bodyshop to be avialable - another 2 weeks! Last weekend I had to get Land Rover Assistance out. The tailgate was jammed after opening just 10 mm. The AA man physically closed it. It then worked. A few days later the tailgate stalled when it opened 50%!

I have lost all faith with the Evoque and JLR.

In addition to the tailgate problem I have had/are having numerous other ones. I cannot come to an amicable agreement with JLR via their dealer. JLR want me to just grin and bare owning a vehicle that is not of satisfactory quality, is not fit for purpose nor is as described. What else can I do!!! See Youtube entry below

https://youtu.be/12t8gDEASGI

.jpg  Magnetic sign low resolution.jpg (Size: 348.05 KB / Downloads: 11)

.jpg  Magnetic sign close up low resolution.jpg (Size: 327.58 KB / Downloads: 10)

Evoque HSE Dynamic Firenze Red
09-03-2017 05:57pm
PhilSkill

window we know you're unhappy with LR but please stop posting the same post on all threads, you're just ruining our forum for us, not LR.

Regarding Tailgate closer units, I currently don't have any available, but in the event I make some more I will look back and contact people.

virtualcamper, no I don't make anything else, I just made these on an ad-hoc basis for forum members that felt like me it was a pain not being able to close the tailgate from inside or by the remote.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
10-03-2017 05:02pm
Stadt Panzer

(30-01-2017 09:53am)beaker9199 Wrote:  Do you still have the kits for a my2013?

If you PM me I can help you get one.

Somewhere in the North Sea.
11-03-2017 01:36am
window

PhiSkill - I apologise.

Evoque HSE Dynamic Firenze Red
11-03-2017 10:43am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Window, a) there is a section of the forum where you can contact LRCS as they don't seem read the rest of it and b) you don't have to take your car to the supplying dealer to get it fixed, you can go to any UK or European Land Rover dealership so if you are not satisfied with the attitude or service from your nearest dealer then you are free to go elsewhere. I appreciate that isn't always possible as sometimes (like in the islands of Scotland where the nearest dealership may be 3-4 hours drive away and involve taking ferries to visit the only dealership within several hundred miles). We sympathize with your frustration but it does seem that you will get far quicker response from LRCS these days if you highlight your issues on their Facebook page or Twitter feed than posting here or on the other Evoque forum. It would also help me or Martin to respond to you in private if you enabled your PM's or Email address.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
11-03-2017 04:35pm
beaker9199

(11-03-2017 01:36am)Stadt Panzer Wrote:  If you PM me I can help you get one.

Site won't allow me to PM you, not quite sure why as i'm activated and not blocked!

maybe the forum needs a module to open the message as well and the power boot!
14-03-2017 07:04pm
Stadt Panzer

(14-03-2017 07:04pm)beaker9199 Wrote:  Site won't allow me to PM you, not quite sure why as i'm activated and not blocked!

maybe the forum needs a module to open the message as well and the power boot!

Email sent.

Somewhere in the North Sea.
14-03-2017 10:55pm