Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Power Loss
JJGXR27

Power Loss

2014 Evoque 2.2 SD4 Pure Tech 6 Speed Manual Diesel - 50k miles

Randomly seems to lose power for 2-3 seconds. Exceptionally intermittent. Can happen 2-3 times on a longish journey or may not happen for a week. It's happens at junctions when I'm trying to get going or if I change up in gear. Most frequent when pulling away.

Very dangerous and Ranger Rover have ran a diagnostic check and because no fault shows have ran out of ideas. Unless the computer tells them what to do they have not got a clue. Because it is so intermittent the fault does not happen during a test drive.

They must have seen this fault before and I have seen others with the same problem on various forums with no known cause.

This is my last attempt before I give up on Range Rover all together.

Any help would be appreciated.
29-08-2018 08:22pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RogB

RE: Power Loss

same with early Freelander 2 SD4 2.2L, happens mostly in warmer weather. Root cause never found but some were cured with a software update, some with throttle body changes, some with fuel filter changes and some were never cured. LR never owned up to finding the fault but seemed to fixed in 2012> Freelanders.

2012 Evoque Pure 5 door - Santorini Black, 20'' style 6 wheels, privacy, fogs, (accident damaged wreck direct from LR approved :rollSmile
2011 Evoque Prestige 3 door - Indus Silver, gloss black 19'' style 5 wheels, privacy, partial black pack.

and a few Freelander 2 over the yearsLaughing
30-08-2018 10:14am
Stilolos

Sounds exactly like my 2014 dynamic lux auto. Occasionally the car will lose power for a few seconds and the revs will bounce on idle, gas pedal has no effect then it returns to normal. It’s also happened to me when cruising on the motorway, randomly slows down then returns to set speed. As of yet, it’s not given me much grief other than once, it happened when pulling off at the lights, the car just idled and I couldn’t get any speed for a few seconds. Reluctant to bring it to the dealer as per the poster, it’s intermittent and hard to prove.
03-09-2018 11:34pm
Stilolos

So yesterday it upped to a whole new level. My AUTOMATIC car stalled! Like wtf!!! It happened at the worst possible time too, just pulled out of a fast roundabout, put my foot down and the car juddered forward and came to a standstill blocking the lane off completely. Engine died and I had to turn off and then restart. Luckily there was no oncoming vehicles but it scared the hell out of me. It’s already scary enough with the delayed throttle when needing to pull out fast but to have the vehicle stall, it’s just not acceptable. Booked her in to get her checked out, my concern is that it’s going to be hard to prove it happened, along with the intermittent power loss. Possibly a gearbox software/hardware fault?
08-11-2018 03:47pm
jellyfish

(08-11-2018 03:47pm)Stilolos Wrote:  So yesterday it upped to a whole new level. My AUTOMATIC car stalled! Like wtf!!! It happened at the worst possible time too, just pulled out of a fast roundabout, put my foot down and the car juddered forward and came to a standstill blocking the lane off completely. Engine died and I had to turn off and then restart. Luckily there was no oncoming vehicles but it scared the hell out of me. It’s already scary enough with the delayed throttle when needing to pull out fast but to have the vehicle stall, it’s just not acceptable. Booked her in to get her checked out, my concern is that it’s going to be hard to prove it happened, along with the intermittent power loss. Possibly a gearbox software/hardware fault?

Try to check the resonator (Blow off valve if the spring has given way, if you can blow thru the valve then it has died) I suffered power loss and laggy response due to this.
09-11-2018 08:00am
Mudi1

Mine was fuel filter, Deisel, Mechanic said it looked like it had never been changed. Power Loss, Restricted Performance then car shut down completely.
10-11-2018 03:16pm
Stilolos

Mine better not be the fuel filter since I service it at Land Rover and they replace it during the service. As for the resonator, whereabouts would I find this part?

I’ve had the power loss happen again, right when a light went green and my car just spluttered along for what felt like forever before finally it went back to normal. At these moments I just wanna cover my face and hide because it looks like I don’t know how to drive. Shameful the way a 40k car makes me feel. Crying
12-11-2018 12:46am
CRC@LandRover

(08-11-2018 03:47pm)Stilolos Wrote:  So yesterday it upped to a whole new level. My AUTOMATIC car stalled! Like wtf!!! It happened at the worst possible time too, just pulled out of a fast roundabout, put my foot down and the car juddered forward and came to a standstill blocking the lane off completely. Engine died and I had to turn off and then restart. Luckily there was no oncoming vehicles but it scared the hell out of me. It’s already scary enough with the delayed throttle when needing to pull out fast but to have the vehicle stall, it’s just not acceptable. Booked her in to get her checked out, my concern is that it’s going to be hard to prove it happened, along with the intermittent power loss. Possibly a gearbox software/hardware fault?

Hi Stilolos,

Thank you for your post.

I am deeply sorry to learn of this.

If I can be of any assistance, please DM me with your contact, vehicle and retailer details for me to investigate this matter further.

Thanks,

Chand - Land Rover UK

Please note although Land Rover will try to assist you with your issue, we are unable to provide any technical advice. This account is available between 0900 and 17:00 hours Monday – Friday. Outside of this time if you require assistance, please drop us a Private Message and we'll get back to you.
14-11-2018 01:50pm
Stilolos

Thank you for taking notice. I have already booked my vehicle into Farnell Bolton but I have to wait until the 5th December for their next available slot. It seems to be more of an issue ever since my vehicle stalled. It usually only happens once during a journey but as I said, it’s only intermittent and doesn’t happen often. Today on my journey home from Bolton to Bury, it happened 3 times. Hard to explain properly but it feels like the vehicle doesn’t find the gear and the gas pedal is non responsive. After about 5 secs, it returns to normal. Completely random, not so much of a problem when the car is already moving and has momentum but extremely dangerous when it decides to lose power as I pull out of a junction or need to do a fast maneuveur.

If you can help in anyway like move the date closer it would be great.

(14-11-2018 01:50pm)CRC@LandRover Wrote:  Hi Stilolos,

Thank you for your post.

I am deeply sorry to learn of this.

If I can be of any assistance, please DM me with your contact, vehicle and retailer details for me to investigate this matter further.

Thanks,

Chand - Land Rover UK
15-11-2018 11:26pm
RogB

have you tried calling LR Assist instead if you have it ?
they are much quicker to get the car into a dealer and they have their own fleet of courtesy cars or will hire you one in.

2012 Evoque Pure 5 door - Santorini Black, 20'' style 6 wheels, privacy, fogs, (accident damaged wreck direct from LR approved :rollSmile
2011 Evoque Prestige 3 door - Indus Silver, gloss black 19'' style 5 wheels, privacy, partial black pack.

and a few Freelander 2 over the yearsLaughing
16-11-2018 12:42pm