Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Power Fold Mirrors.
Evo-king

Power Fold Mirrors.

Has there been a change for MY13 or a LR RRE configurator website error.

Under standard equipment for the Dynamic, it clearly states auto dipping, auto dimming power fold mirrors.

I am convinced they are not standard on mine.

Any comments/observations.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
17-10-2012 10:54am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
eddkawasaki

RE: Power Fold Mirrors.

Ita a bit confusing i would say

from the configurator build summary

"Exterior mirrors - electric adjustment, heated, power-folding, puddle lamps, direction indicators, memory function & auto dipping in reverse gear"

And taken from the pop up window when you click on the mirrors in the spec

"Exterior mirrors - electric adjustment, heated, power-folding, puddle lamps, direction indicators, memory function & auto dipping in reverse gear

These advanced, heated mirrors come with ‘auto dimming’ which detects excessive light and glare then automatically darkens the mirror glass to improve vision. They are also power-folding to avoid damage when parking in confined spaces and 'auto dipping' in reverse gear. Downward lighting ‘puddle’ lamps project an illuminated Range Rover graphic on the ground, to light your way.

The mirrors are also equipped with a memory function. Once you set your ideal seating and mirror positions, it automatically recalls your preferred driving position settings."

I suspect it might be a website boo boo but it will be nice if its not though as i get mine on tuesday.

SD4 Dynamic Lux, 5 Door, Firenze Red, Ebony Interior, Black headlining, Black Contrast Panoramic Roof, Aeroflip Spoiler, Privacy glass, Heated steering wheel, Adaptive Xenons, TPMS & Spare wheel
Order Date: 14th May 2012
Build date: approx 5th Oct 2012
Delivery Date: Should be 22nd Oct
Actual delivery: 31st Oct

[Image: 151436.png]
17-10-2012 11:08am
PhilSkill

MY2012 Dynamic standard has Auto Dipping, Power fold, but not Auto Dimming...

Be interesting if they are now Auto Dimming...

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
17-10-2012 11:16am
RacingSnake

a little bit OT, but I tried that auto dipping option the other day, what a pile of crap!.
yep, it does exactly what it says, and points them very acutely, thus removing any rear-ward vision at all meaning you have to look over your shoulder.
Switching back and forth to activate them through the dash menu's is a faff, so I disabled them again.

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
Should be end of April (was March, then April, then end of May/June).
Collected, Friday 13th Shocked April 2012
17-10-2012 05:54pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PhilSkill

(17-10-2012 05:54pm)RacingSnake Wrote:  a little bit OT, but I tried that auto dipping option the other day, what a pile of crap!.
yep, it does exactly what it says, and points them very acutely, thus removing any rear-ward vision at all meaning you have to look over your shoulder.
Switching back and forth to activate them through the dash menu's is a faff, so I disabled them again.

You can adust the reversing mirror position to whatever you want while you have reverse selected and it remembers it next time, I have them dipping just slightly lower for better kerb view.

I remember picking the car up at handover and in the dark selecting reverse on a hill at the dealers and thinking I cant see anything... so initial adjustment is needed.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
(This post was last modified: 17-10-2012 05:58pm by PhilSkill.)
17-10-2012 05:56pm
RacingSnake

^^^ ahh, interesting, I assume I adjust them with the regular adjustments and it'll remember the position?
in which case I take back my impatience, and will try again Very Happy

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
Should be end of April (was March, then April, then end of May/June).
Collected, Friday 13th Shocked April 2012
17-10-2012 05:57pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
gejo

Yes, I used the memory and adjusted the mirrors.
I made the driver side unchanged and the auto/dipping only on the other side, works better.
(This post was last modified: 17-10-2012 06:09pm by gejo.)
17-10-2012 06:08pm