Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Potential move from Disco 4 to Evoque
Craig_d1

RE: Potential move from Disco 4 to Evoque

Think you've convinced yourself alreadySmile and just need a nudge. What does your wife think? Mine doesn't want to part with the D4(was thinking part exing D4 when it got to 3 yrs old at end of next year for another evoque)then again we still have prams etc and I still have issue with the boys not being able to see out the rear windows of the evoque.
Personally, if you don't need the space, I'd go for it. Had a friend in mine on the weekend and he thought it was a 50k car. Was gobsmacked when I told him it was 36k. He's now trying to convince his wife to get oneSmile
05-12-2011 09:08pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
joe00_1

Just for anyone interested i got £3000 more from we buy any car for my discovery4 on 60 plate than stratstones offered me part exchanging aginst evoque. It might be worth getting a price before you part ex
05-12-2011 09:21pm
Coolbanana

(05-12-2011 09:08pm)Craig_d1 Wrote:  Think you've convinced yourself alreadySmile and just need a nudge. What does your wife think? Mine doesn't want to part with the D4(was thinking part exing D4 when it got to 3 yrs old at end of next year for another evoque)then again we still have prams etc and I still have issue with the boys not being able to see out the rear windows of the evoque.
Personally, if you don't need the space, I'd go for it. Had a friend in mine on the weekend and he thought it was a 50k car. Was gobsmacked when I told him it was 36k. He's now trying to convince his wife to get oneSmile

Yes, you are probably right! Very Happy

My wife and kids are against it...they love the D4! My wife likes the sense of security, daughter just thinks it's 'cool' because I've made it look ready for a trip across Africa by adding accessories and my stepson is 14 and already over 6ft so he likes the space (I'm only 5ft 7 so don't have an issue with a smaller cabin). So I would have some convincing to do if I do go for it. I have a test drive on Saturday.

(05-12-2011 09:21pm)joe00_1 Wrote:  Just for anyone interested i got £3000 more from we buy any car for my discovery4 on 60 plate than stratstones offered me part exchanging aginst evoque. It might be worth getting a price before you part ex

Definitely worth a look! Cheers.
(This post was last modified: 05-12-2011 09:58pm by Coolbanana.)
05-12-2011 09:57pm
WB
WB

(05-12-2011 09:21pm)joe00_1 Wrote:  Just for anyone interested i got £3000 more from we buy any car for my discovery4 on 60 plate than stratstones offered me part exchanging aginst evoque. It might be worth getting a price before you part ex

Have to say that's the first time I've heard any praise for WBAC - every time I've had a quote from them its been a fraction of the private sale value.
05-12-2011 10:09pm
Coolbanana

Well, had a test drive today in an Evoque Si4 Dynamic.

Obviously much smaller than my Disco 4 but it felt large enough with decent road presence.
Off-road it loses low range and other Disco/Defender bits and bobs but its capability is more than I need really.
Build quality seems to be better than the BMW's I've had in the past: 335i, Z4M etc. In terms or toys, well it does appear to be a decent spec but then the price reflects that.

On-road it is very good - loved the magnaride gubbins at work, the car was noticeably better through corners.

I've given the Evoque much thought in recent day's and after my test drive I decided I definitely had to have one - it is more 'me' than the Disco 4.

Sooooo, I have bought an Evoque Dynamic Si4 with Lux pack in Orkney grey. Cool
10-12-2011 04:07pm
Craig_d1

(10-12-2011 04:07pm)Coolbanana Wrote:  Well, had a test drive today in an Evoque Si4 Dynamic.

Obviously much smaller than my Disco 4 but it felt large enough with decent road presence.
Off-road it loses low range and other Disco/Defender bits and bobs but its capability is more than I need really.
Build quality seems to be better than the BMW's I've had in the past: 335i, Z4M etc. In terms or toys, well it does appear to be a decent spec but then the price reflects that.

On-road it is very good - loved the magnaride gubbins at work, the car was noticeably better through corners.

I've given the Evoque much thought in recent day's and after my test drive I decided I definitely had to have one - it is more 'me' than the Disco 4.

Sooooo, I have bought an Evoque Dynamic Si4 with Lux pack in Orkney grey. Cool

Congrats, so when do you expect delivery?
10-12-2011 06:26pm
Evo-king

Coolbanana

"Sooooo, I have bought an Evoque Dynamic Si4 with Lux pack in Orkney grey. Cool"

Have you bought or have you ordered one?

Only ordering means several months wait.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
10-12-2011 06:46pm
Coolbanana

(10-12-2011 06:46pm)Evo-king Wrote:  Coolbanana

"Sooooo, I have bought an Evoque Dynamic Si4 with Lux pack in Orkney grey. Cool"

Have you bought or have you ordered one?

Only ordering means several months wait.

Bought...collect next weekend all going well Smile

I contacted several Dealer's around the country and discussed what they had immediately available and found one with an unregistered car I liked that was sitting in the showroom.

The three Dealer's closest to me quoted 4-6 month waits - even their Demo's aren't going to be avail until March.

I decided I wanted the Si4 Dynamic with Lux and chose Fuji White, Orkney Grey and Colima Lime as colours I would like. The car I found is Orkney with Pursuit lunar, ivory and ebony.
My wife's Mini is grey metallic with black and glass roof so they are going to match!
10-12-2011 07:09pm
Evo-king

(10-12-2011 07:09pm)Coolbanana Wrote:  Bought...collect next weekend all going well Smile

I contacted several Dealer's around the country and discussed what they had immediately available and found one with an unregistered car I liked that was sitting in the showroom.

The three Dealer's closest to me quoted 4-6 month waits - even their Demo's aren't going to be avail until March.

I decided I wanted the Si4 Dynamic with Lux and chose Fuji White, Orkney Grey and Colima Lime as colours I would like. The car I found is Orkney with Pursuit lunar, ivory and ebony.
My wife's Mini is grey metallic with black and glass roof so they are going to match!

That makes more sense.

When I ordered mine I got my dealer to search their dealer database, unfortunately nearly all cars available were Prestige.

Dealer vehicles were not going to be available until Jan and weren't to our spec.

Thanks for the reply.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
10-12-2011 07:14pm
Coolbanana

(10-12-2011 07:14pm)Evo-king Wrote:  That makes more sense.

When I ordered mine I got my dealer to search their dealer database, unfortunately nearly all cars available were Prestige.

Dealer vehicles were not going to be available until Jan and weren't to our spec.

Thanks for the reply.

If I had wanted any specific options it would've been a lengthy wait. Happily the Lux pack has all I wanted - if I had been prepared to wait I would've spec'd down a bit probably as all I really wanted was the glass roof! But since the only car's immediately avail were either standard or with Lux pack, I opted for the Lux pack. I am happy with the P/X on my Disco so didn't want to wait 6 months and see how that affected it.

As you say, the few car's that do appear to be available are Prestige or Dynamic - and Coupe.
10-12-2011 07:31pm