Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 4.5 Average
Potential common problems with RRE.
IKM

RE: Potential common problems with RRE.

(21-11-2011 05:09pm)exigejoe Wrote:  The RRE is fairly new vechile and as with LR their are some common problems; I would like to create a thread that list these potential problem for future RRE owners to acknowledge. As of now, there is a steering issue with a fellow member and last friday afternoon my RRE threw a code for a evap at 1436 miles. I would appreciate for fellow members to list any problems with their RRE, thanks!

Glad to hear that it's going to be sorted out this week. Back to your idea of creating a thread on potential problems, great idea, and many thanks for raising it.

Arrived 16 December 2011: Prestige SD4 auto 5dr in OG with Adaptive Dynamics, Adaptive Xenons, Surround Cameras, Auto Dimming Rearview, Grey Oak Wood, Spare Wheel and Powered Tailgate.

Joining 2010 Freelander XS Td4e in Stornoway Grey (we like Grey!)
21-11-2011 08:55pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
exigejoe

Yea i think its a good idea; they have had these types of threads on previous cars forums (cars i have previously owned) and was very convient for those that had problems to quickly point them in the right direction for repair.

Lotus Exige (aspen white) with VF supercharger kit, 413hp, 366lb/ft
Range Rover Evoque in fuji white and almond/espresso interior
2013 Audi A7 3.0T supercharged
21-11-2011 09:03pm
exigejoe

The same code was thrown again. The car is back in the shop! The problem is that the purge valve solenoid always remains open. Last time they reeplaced the whole valve. Im think its an electircal issue that makes it remain open. The code was thrown after 200 miles. First land rover and my wifey is getting pissed. Been in the shop two times in less than a month and a half.

Lotus Exige (aspen white) with VF supercharger kit, 413hp, 366lb/ft
Range Rover Evoque in fuji white and almond/espresso interior
2013 Audi A7 3.0T supercharged
30-11-2011 02:16am
sercos

(21-11-2011 05:09pm)exigejoe Wrote:  The RRE is fairly new vechile and as with LR their are some common problems; I would like to create a thread that list these potential problem for future RRE owners to acknowledge. As of now, there is a steering issue with a fellow member and last friday afternoon my RRE threw a code for a evap at 1436 miles. I would appreciate for fellow members to list any problems with their RRE, thanks!

I've got mine and, after 600 km., the coolant circuit leaked and I got a message for empty coolant circuit. So I had to go to LR to fix it. They gave me a replacement car (a Volvo) for the time being repaired (now 2 weeks because some piece was broken and I must wait for that piece to arrive).

I experienced lots of problems with my Audi TT but only after 4 and a half years and 75.000 km.

Let's cross fingers and expect no more problems !!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Arrived: Pure coupe SD4 Fuji White with auto lights and wipers, xenon, leather, pano roof, fogs and style 2 18s.
Gone: Audi TT 2.0T manual gearshift
10-12-2011 09:37am
dspeck

I just had the check engine light come on after about 2,000 miles. The dealer said the code was for a faulty purge valve but that when they tested it, it checked out. They have ordered a new purge valve in case the problem persists.

I also had a problem with the seal around the passenger window.

21-08-2012 09:34pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

dspeck welcome to the forum, the window seal is a known problem - I highlighted to my dealer after my first long drive (490 miles) on Evoque launch day last September. I believe that LR now has a modified seal that dealers can fit if you have the same problem

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 21-08-2012 11:04pm by XFullFatTim.)
21-08-2012 11:03pm
olde

Problems so far:
1. Torqued a-pillar
2. Squeaky front windscreen seal
3. Inside courtesy lights dont go on (fuse?)
4. Side bolsters in seat pan are painfully sharp
5. Engine coolant low warning after 15k kms
6. GPS and Toll tags do not seem to work so well through the front windscreen, but works fine through the roof
7. Accidentally pressing one of the suspension mode buttons slows the car without warning and can easily cause an accident
8. Rear camera is a bit buggy when you first start up
9. Windscreen wipers go off now and then, for no reason, if you leave them on auto
10. Rear door would not open, issue fixed a few days after vehicle was purchased

Basically, nothing much to complain about. However, a month ago we wrapped up a list of some 275-improvement suggestions, in a petition to Range Rover, and this petition contained about 50 common problems with RRE.

Whistle Our Petition to Improve the Evoque sent to Range Rover CEO, get your copy ---> HERE <---
22-08-2012 04:29am