Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 4.5 Average
Potential common problems with RRE.
exigejoe

Potential common problems with RRE.

The RRE is fairly new vechile and as with LR their are some common problems; I would like to create a thread that list these potential problem for future RRE owners to acknowledge. As of now, there is a steering issue with a fellow member and last friday afternoon my RRE threw a code for a evap at 1436 miles. I would appreciate for fellow members to list any problems with their RRE, thanks!

Lotus Exige (aspen white) with VF supercharger kit, 413hp, 366lb/ft
Range Rover Evoque in fuji white and almond/espresso interior
2013 Audi A7 3.0T supercharged
21-11-2011 05:09pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Big G

RE: Potential common problems with RRE.

(21-11-2011 05:09pm)exigejoe Wrote:  The RRE is fairly new vechile and as with LR their are some common problems; I would like to create a thread that list these potential problem for future RRE owners to acknowledge. As of now, there is a steering issue with a fellow member and last friday afternoon my RRE threw a code for a evap at 1436 miles. I would appreciate for fellow members to list any problems with their RRE, thanks!

Joe - Whats 'a code for a evap ' mean?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Collected !! 18/02/2012
Prestige Coupe SD4 Sumatra Black, Spirit interior, Pano roof , Heated seats, Privacy, Rear vents, Rear camera,Manual & style 5 19s. Not Prestige mats, 54 miles in tank when collected.
21-11-2011 05:20pm
exigejoe

I will find out later today. All he told me that it threw a code for evap; I remember awhile ago a thread popped up regarding an issue with the gas tank not venting air properly; however, i have had no issue pumping fuel so as of the moment im still in the dark. Hopefully its an issue thats an easy fix!

21-11-2011 05:32pm
Big G

(21-11-2011 05:32pm)exigejoe Wrote:  I will find out later today. All he told me that it threw a code for evap; I remember awhile ago a thread popped up regarding an issue with the gas tank not venting air properly; however, i have had no issue pumping fuel so as of the moment im still in the dark. Hopefully its an issue thats an easy fix!

Fingers crosssed Sad

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Collected !! 18/02/2012
Prestige Coupe SD4 Sumatra Black, Spirit interior, Pano roof , Heated seats, Privacy, Rear vents, Rear camera,Manual & style 5 19s. Not Prestige mats, 54 miles in tank when collected.
21-11-2011 05:35pm
exigejoe

there could be issue with evap leaking or failure in the mechanism in regards to the evap emission control for fuel vapor release from a vechile fuel system. It could be simple as a new fuel cap that has a better fit or bad in regards to failure in lines and pump. However i pumped gas a week prior to this problem.

21-11-2011 05:37pm
IKM

According to my google search:
Most "EVAP" codes can be caused by a loose or leaking gas cap. Also there are vacuum lines from the fuel tank to the storage canister to the engine. A leak in any line can cause a code to set as well as a vent or purge solenoid that is not sealing properly.

Hope all goes well.

Arrived 16 December 2011: Prestige SD4 auto 5dr in OG with Adaptive Dynamics, Adaptive Xenons, Surround Cameras, Auto Dimming Rearview, Grey Oak Wood, Spare Wheel and Powered Tailgate.

Joining 2010 Freelander XS Td4e in Stornoway Grey (we like Grey!)
21-11-2011 05:39pm
exigejoe

or sensor thats kaput!

21-11-2011 05:44pm
exigejoe

UPDATE: They are confident to say its a purge valve that needs to be replaced. The technical advisor are going over the data to confirm. The part will be ordered as it is confirmed. Hopefully it will be ready be tommorow afternoon or wednesday.

21-11-2011 07:56pm
Ezandania

Thank god for that....the warning light which alerted you to this is the 'Check Engine Light'? Does that mean your car had to be at the dealer's all this time? Sad Hope its just an isolated case...

2012 Evoque Dynamic Si4 Auto, Fuji White/Agility Dynamic Plus, 20" Style 6's, Panoramic Roof, Keyless Entry, Power Tailgate, Surround Cameras, 825W Meridian Sound, Adaptive Dynamics, Adaptive Xenon HIDs
2003 Mini Cooper S
1999 Honda S2000
21-11-2011 08:02pm
exigejoe

Yes the cel came on. I didnt notice any signs of engine problems. no rough idles, misfires, overheating, etc. So i knew it was something like this.

21-11-2011 08:43pm