Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Possible power steering issue
ED209

Possible power steering issue

Has anyone experienced this before? Is it a known issue?

Well left for work at 6am this morning and it was about minus 6 degrees. Drove the 17 miles to work no problem, on reaching work i stopped to open the security gates and when i went to pull away i had no power steering at all. I drove about 10 yards to where i turn a sharp left into the car park, on trying to turn left still no power steering.

I turned the car off and back on and hey presto, power steering again!

This is the first time this has happened to me and i will monitor it but has it happened to anyone else?

td4 Pure manual in orkney grey, auto wipers/lights, front fogs, spare wheel. carmats4u mats, travall dog guard. Collected 30/03/12.
17-01-2013 10:26am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ED209

RE: Possible power steering issue

Wow looks like nobody has this issue!

Still it gets worse, on way home from work last night car went into limp home mode, Its currently waiting for landrover assistance to call this morning.

At the exact time i need a 4x4 the evoque has let me down, looking forward to trying to get home in an astra with stupid low profile summer tyres on tonight in the snow that is forecast!

td4 Pure manual in orkney grey, auto wipers/lights, front fogs, spare wheel. carmats4u mats, travall dog guard. Collected 30/03/12.
18-01-2013 08:07am
ED209

well theres no faults at all with the power steering apparently, the fuel filter was blocked and has been replaced. Technician recons he has done a few evoques with the same fault and its down to poor quality fuel. I find in it hard to believe this is the reason though as never had any problems previously with the usual tesco/sainsburys diesel in other cars.

18-01-2013 10:52am
stuv

Evoque Pure with 730 miles. 3 15/1/13 .. Power Steering failed at low speed whilst parking car. Stratstone Newcastle have car to repair.
Telegraph on 27/12 article on 800 recall Evoques because of power steering failure.

Also http://www.evoqueownersclub.co.uk members with failure to power steering.

I Believe there is a big cover up going on by Landrover. Amazing how Landrover assist and Service Departments and sales know of no problem with steering??//
18-01-2013 04:15pm
1stRangie

(17-01-2013 10:26am)ED209 Wrote:  Has anyone experienced this before? Is it a known issue?

Well left for work at 6am this morning and it was about minus 6 degrees. Drove the 17 miles to work no problem, on reaching work i stopped to open the security gates and when i went to pull away i had no power steering at all. I drove about 10 yards to where i turn a sharp left into the car park, on trying to turn left still no power steering.

I turned the car off and back on and hey presto, power steering again!

This is the first time this has happened to me and i will monitor it but has it happened to anyone else?

Sorry for the delay in replying, I did once have an issue with the power steering (and was trying to turn left). It happened very shortly after leaving home though (1/4 mile most) and hasn't happened since, fortunately. Especially fortunate given that the left turn I tried to make was into a pretty busy road, the guy coming down the hill thought I was turning right (even though I was indicating left) and must of thought I was completely bonkers!

MY2016 Dynamic HSE four door, Yulong White and a few selected additions. Gone but never forgotten; Dynamic SD4 Coupe, Fuji White...
21-01-2013 11:58pm
ED209

Cheers, car has been in use everyday since then and it hasnt done it again, maybe it was all in my mind?

22-01-2013 12:47am