Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Porsche's Upcoming Macan Gets Spotted In Action - Look Out Evoque?
cutter7

Porsche's Upcoming Macan Gets Spotted In Action - Look Out Evoque?

http://www.autospies.com/news/SPIED-VIDE...que-73342/ Confused

12-11-2012 10:06am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PhilSkill

RE: Porsche's Upcoming Macan Gets Spotted In Action - Look Out Evoque?

"It will blow the Range Rover out of the water..." maybe on the road and if you like driving an ugly squashed beetle... Laughing
Hope that's not the final bodykit... Laughing
And at what price...

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
12-11-2012 11:24am
cutter7

Looks like a Peugeot 3008 LaughingLaughing: Rolling with Laughter

http://www.autospies.com/news/RENDERED-S...-UP-73343/ Embarrassed

http://www.whatcar.com/car-reviews/peuge...y/25890-7/ Laughing

(This post was last modified: 12-11-2012 12:27pm by cutter7.)
12-11-2012 12:25pm
PhilSkill

(12-11-2012 12:25pm)cutter7 Wrote:  Looks like a Peugeot 3008 LaughingLaughing: Rolling with Laughter

Harsh... but true! Laughing

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
12-11-2012 02:40pm
mark_n

I visited Porsche Leipzig last month where the Macan is going to be built and there's no denying the level of investment going on, a large new bodyshop which will produce bodyshells for the Macan and Panamera. They are expecting to build 50,000 Macan's a year which while not as many as the Evoque will still nibble away at the top of the Evoque market. I expect there will be a 3 litre V6 to start with - same as the one in the Cayenne - and it's said it will be the first Porsche in decades to - eventually - have a 4 cylinder engine.

The great problem with Porsches is the amount of money you need to pour into it for extras which are standard on the Evoque so I expect a spec'd up Macan will be considereably more than the Evoque Prestige and Dynamics. Does put pressure on LR to keep the Evoque at the front of the market both in terms of build quality and performance.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
12-11-2012 04:07pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

One advantage that the baby Porsche will have over any Land Rover product............ it will work straight out of the showroom, no returns to have rattles fixed or equipment gremlins sorted out, they check them out properly before they leave the factory and again before the dealer hands them over to the new owner.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 12-11-2012 05:13pm by XFullFatTim.)
12-11-2012 05:07pm
Gartly gav

Personally not as stunning or ground breaking looks that the Evoque has....looks more like a big Vauxhall Astra to me!

Pure Tech 5 door TD4 in Orkney grey, ebony interior, privacy glass, fog lights, xenon lights.
Collection 24th July...
12-11-2012 08:09pm
scalle

(12-11-2012 08:09pm)Gartly gav Wrote:  Personally not as stunning or ground breaking looks that the Evoque has....looks more like a big Vauxhall Astra to me!

Altough we can not say it's ugly,
but with the same specs as on an RRE i think it will be a lot bigger invoice

RRE TD4 Prestige 4WD AUT, santorini black, element interior, tech pack, cold climate pack, pano roof, privacy glass, brushed alu, auto high beam assist, airco vents rear, auto dim mirror, camera, home link, 20" style 7, 18" spare, debugged, roof rails,replaced side vents, grille in glossy black and center cap wheels with RR, black lettering
Also stunning Fiat 500 Cabrio GUCCI edition, black/gold metallic, and red Fiat Panda 1992 selecta (var. transmission).
12-11-2012 08:20pm
BobM

Look out Evoque? why, cos a blob on wheels with a Porsche badge is going to make everyone crash into you cos they cant stop laughing. This car is hideous with a capital H. There is absolutely nothing about this thing that would want to make me part with my cash - alleged good build quality or otherwise. Sorry but no badge snobbery medal winner here.

Pure, SD4, Auto, 5 door, Firenze Red, Ebony/Ebony, privacy, rear camera, front sensors, fog lights, spare wheel, auto lights and wipers - Delivered 14.3.15 Very Happy

Gone but not forgotten - Old rattly 1.3.12 - 31.5.13 - Pure, SD4, manual, 5 door, Fuji, 19" style 4, ebony/ebony, spare wheel, privacy.
12-11-2012 09:51pm
IKM

I've been buying LR for many years, but to be honest would look at the Macan in the future just for a change. It'd depend on spec without have to add on too many expensive options eg heated windscreen, HDC etc. Would like to know the ground clearance and approach and departure angles.

Arrived 16 December 2011: Prestige SD4 auto 5dr in OG with Adaptive Dynamics, Adaptive Xenons, Surround Cameras, Auto Dimming Rearview, Grey Oak Wood, Spare Wheel and Powered Tailgate.

Joining 2010 Freelander XS Td4e in Stornoway Grey (we like Grey!)
12-11-2012 10:15pm