Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Poor performance and stalling
deepwatermaritime

Poor performance and stalling

I own a 2.2 diesel Pure auto that was built in August or September 2013 and first on the road in December 2013 in Australia. No problems at all for the first 2 1/2 years then about 6 months before the end of warranty the following started

Intermittently the vehicle had poor acceleration at between 40-70 kph, it seemed like it was in the wrong gear. Revs were way too low for the road speed and would not respond to kick down either. About the same time it also would intermittently run extremely rough at low speed, 10-20 kph wildly fluctuating rpm 800-1600 rpm with little or no power this would last for a couple of seconds before clearing and could then drive normally.

The vehicle was given its final in warranty service and the faults investigated by the dealer, who advised me a software update was done which seemed to cure the problem for a while.

10 Months on the following has started to happen. The poor engine response at 40-70 kph is back but more alarmingly the engine has cut out several times as the vehicle has rolled up to intersections. No warning lights come up it just stops dead, not the best situation if you expect to be able to pull away at a give way intersection. The engine has restarted immediately as it goes straight to Park after shutting down. The dealer has been advised of this and the vehicle is being returned to them for further investigation. They are pretty good about it as they appreciate it is an unresolved issue that was raised while the vehicle was in warranty, also it is the third new vehicle we have bought from this dealer

There are two other issues with the vehicle that may or may not have a bearing on this.

At low speed when pulling away from a stop there is a barely discernable "dragging" noise from the left rear side almost sounds like a brake hanging on but there is no eveidence this is the case, I suspect that it is something to do with the Haldex unit.

What is the pump? that runs for an extended period after the engine is shut down. Whatever it is I have a high pitched buzzing from the engine compartment for anything up to 15 minutes after shutting down the engine including when the vehicle is stood after being locked.

Ideas? I would like to get a feeling for other owners experience on these issues before the vehicle goes back to the dealer.

Thanks

Lloyd.
13-09-2017 09:07am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PhilSkill

RE: Poor performance and stalling

We believe the high pitch noise is the diesel purge solenoid, this is completely normal.

Unlike the rest of your woes, Good the dealer has recognized it's an ongoing issue, the dragging could be the haldex unit or rear diff, dealer should be able to advise, of course this may not be a warranty item unless you can try to say it's been exacerbated by the other issues you've had.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
13-09-2017 11:41am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply