Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Poor DAB
Grusks

Poor DAB

Hi Guys

Over the last few weeks my DAB reception is very poor, never used to have any problems

Driving around Essex / London it has trouble keeping on a station and displays 'No Reception' most of time, I have to keep pressing Auto Scan to retune the radio but it hardly finds any station, if I'm stationary it's ok, soon as I move 'no reception'

Looking on a DAB coverage map in Essex there are local and multiplex transmitters so I should get local and national stations

I reported it when my cars In having its new gearbox, they said its down to my accident witness camera ( this was installed in my previous car with no probs and I did remove it in case but still not reception) they now said its due to the evouqe 2013 have a single dab antenna so is poor in Essex, never used to be poor, I've had a discovery sport and jag xe on loan whilst my gearbox is being changed and the dab is perfect but was told that the newer cars have twin dab antennas

But don't know if they fobbing me off like all my gearbox problems

Anyone else with a 2013 evoque noticed a drop in reception
06-02-2016 08:41pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Steve D

RE: Poor DAB

2012 Evoque here in Essex/East London and no probs with DAB. Mind you, I only have it on Radio 2!

Santorini SD4A Dynamic Lux with shadow chromes, ebony leather and privacy glass. Very Happy
06-02-2016 09:30pm
Grusks

(06-02-2016 09:30pm)Steve D Wrote:  2012 Evoque here in Essex/East London and no probs with DAB. Mind you, I only have it on Radio 2!

Cheers Steve, I'll try it on Radio 2 for a while see what happens, as you've said yours is ok

I've tried most stations capital heart kiss talk sport but no BBC stations

Cheers

Spencer
06-02-2016 09:38pm
PhilSkill

Doesn't sound right, There's been a few with DAB issues, likely an antenna connection issue.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
06-02-2016 11:15pm
Grusks

(06-02-2016 11:15pm)PhilSkill Wrote:  Doesn't sound right, There's been a few with DAB issues, likely an antenna connection issue.

Given up with Beadles dealership and had a look myself as my radio now says no reception for every channel

I found the antennas in the rear where there boned to the rear of the panoramic roof, and the cable mounting block that connects to the antennas on the glass was loose / hanging down / not clipped in

Gave it a push until it locked in place and bingo I now have perfect DAB and better FM

Just a shame that the main dealer was not interested in having a look just fobbing me off with excuses
17-02-2016 07:03pm