Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Pictures of door that is"out of sync"
Inges

RE: Pictures of door that is"out of sync"

The car has been in for two weeks now. And they are still waiting for some parts for the car, since the door sealing they sent from England had several cuts in it, most likely when they opened up the box with the seals in England.

So I have to wait for another shipment with a seal without the cuts in it. And lately I have also heard a loud noise coming from the hatch in the back when it's closing it, so they are trying to figure out what part in the back makes that noise wen the lid is closing, anyone else have experienced this?

I just hope that I don't have to wait another 5 months for an solution on this as well.

Collected: 15.06.2012
Prestige TD4 Santorini Black, Manual, Dyn & Prestige Tech Pack, 825W Sound System, Surround Camera System, Privacy Glass, Adp. Bi-Xenon, Panoramic Roof, Cherry/Ivory

[Image: 166903.png]
16-11-2012 03:01pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Inges

Got the car back after three weeks, but I also requested that they would upgrade the software in the car with all available updates. got the car back and the first thing that happend was that the DAB Radio didn't get any signals. (had to stop and start the car again to get it back), the next day I was using the GPS and everything went black. I stopped by the dealer and showed them the black GPS screen and he said that it was an fix for that, the GPS came back online after I stopped the car and started it again.

Can't really say I'm impressed with the service I have gotten so far from the dealer and JLR. But at least the door is fixed now.

/Inge

Collected: 15.06.2012
Prestige TD4 Santorini Black, Manual, Dyn & Prestige Tech Pack, 825W Sound System, Surround Camera System, Privacy Glass, Adp. Bi-Xenon, Panoramic Roof, Cherry/Ivory

[Image: 166903.png]
(This post was last modified: 28-11-2012 12:24pm by Inges.)
28-11-2012 12:24pm
Teetree

Does this look out of sync? Or am I just paranoid?

Fuji Pure SD4 Auto 5door, powered tailgate, front sensors, rear camera , pano roof, heated steering wheel, front fogs, xenons, spare wheel, 19" diamond turned alloys
27-02-2013 01:55pm
ChuckieB

(27-02-2013 01:55pm)Teetree Wrote:  Does this look out of sync? Or am I just paranoid?

That looks to be about normal. In some respects it does look a bit untidy as the gap between bonnet and front wing is quite wide on this 'clamshell' set up.

The curvature on the top of the bonnet with that on the top of the door is the one that will tell you if it is out of alignment in my view.

Answer - paranoid!

---------------------------------
Firenze SD4 Prestige Man Eb/Iv AD Keyless Powered Tailgate Roof Rails
Delivered 17/2/2012!

Other '05 Cliosport 182 FF
27-02-2013 02:38pm
WB
WB

(27-02-2013 01:55pm)Teetree Wrote:  Does this look out of sync? Or am I just paranoid?

The door in the photo on the right looks a little out to me. The other side looks ok
27-02-2013 02:42pm
scrannel

IMHO this kind of issue is always best handled by a body shop that does this kind of stuff all the time.

2013 Dynamic USA specs with MagneRide + Strata wood int. with Lunar perf. Ork Grey.
BMW K1200R. Black.
27-02-2013 05:15pm
Teetree

I also think the drivers door (right photo) is a little bit out. I don't have problems with it , just looks a bit off and the obvious big gap too. For that reason I don't want them to try and fix it only to result in rattling or wind noise!Smile Booking the car in soon to get a piece of plastic replaced on steering wheel so will mention it then and see what they say.

Fuji Pure SD4 Auto 5door, powered tailgate, front sensors, rear camera , pano roof, heated steering wheel, front fogs, xenons, spare wheel, 19" diamond turned alloys
27-02-2013 05:28pm