Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Pictures of Brisbane's latest Evoque
DefLeppard

RE: Pictures of Brisbane's latest Evoque

(13-05-2012 10:19am)spif888 Wrote:  Hey Barney

I added a filter to picture 2 (for dramatic effect), so it looks a lot darker in the photo than in reality. Photo 3 is a truer image of what the tint looks like in the real world. BTW, it a 35% tint from Tint a Car - very legal!

Just be aware that 35% tint is only legal when applied to completely clear glass with no factory tint.
Every car these days comes with a small amount of factory tint.

My last car failed its Roadworthy as I had assumed using 35% tint was legal, but the combination of the very light factory tint and the 35% = a very NOT legal 25% (nissan murano)

The same thing is true of evoques - having learnt my lesson when selling my last car - i spent time with my tinter going through the options - when he tested a piece of 35% tint on the windows it gave a light meter reading of 29%
Hence he had to special order in some 40% to give a final light meter reading of 35%

Be careful as i believe nsw and vic police now carry light meters to unroadworthy cars on the spot! (bastards!)

I love the look of illegal tint - well done those that are brave enough. Im a wuss , and cannot risk having my insurance company turning down a claim due to the car being unroadworthy (yes, this does happen - a friend of mine had an at fault claim rejected when the insurance company realised they had 25% tint all over. End result - my friend ended up having to pay $2k to fix their own car, and $4k to fix the one they hit) This is another reason why i like to choose insurance that lets you pick your own repairer and not have to go to one of their assessment centres.

SD4 Pure, Auto, 5 dr, Mauritius Blue, Pure Tech Pack, Reversing Camera, Front parking aid, Heated seats, Sat Nav, mud flaps. after market tint.

http://flic.kr/s/aHsjyQDpCj
24-07-2012 10:40am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Barneyridge

Def I understand the risk. In NSW if caught I will have to remove the tint and take to RTA for an inspection. I am happy to take the risk....touch wood no issues so far

Pure TD4, Fiji, Auto, Pan Roof + Extras - Delivered Very Happy
25-07-2012 03:28am
DefLeppard

As long as you don't have an accident and the insurance company from hell, you are right Smile

I wish i was that brave, as I love the look of dark dark tint.

SD4 Pure, Auto, 5 dr, Mauritius Blue, Pure Tech Pack, Reversing Camera, Front parking aid, Heated seats, Sat Nav, mud flaps. after market tint.

http://flic.kr/s/aHsjyQDpCj
25-07-2012 04:10am
Barneyridge

I have choice of repairer with my insurance company as well. Lets hope I don't have to use them Smile

25-07-2012 04:33am
spif888

Next stage of the transformation.

I sprayed plasti dip on my style 5 wheels. Trying out the matt finish for a week. I also have a can of the glossifier to create a shiny effect but am undecided.

The best feature of the product is, if I get bored (very likely), I can simply peel off the plasti dip and I am back to my stock standard wheels.

Sumatra Black 5 Door Pure auto TD4, 19 inch style 5 wheels, Tech Pack, Panoramic Roof and Ebony Interior with Ebony Headlining. Tinted windows & Tread Plates. Black Grille, Side Vents and Rear Trim
Collected: 31 January 2012
24-02-2013 03:01pm
Jai

Pictures of Brisbane's latest Evoque

I glossified mine right away, it's too risky having brake dust stuck to the plastidip and ruining adhesion
25-02-2013 06:11am
BA74

This looks awesome!
Can you please give us some more info about the process to apply?
How does it go durability wise and washing?
Did a quick search and love how it can be peeled off.
Love the gloss black idea. If easy definitely doing!

Gone - Range Rover Evoque - Si4 Pure - 5 Door Fuji White
25-02-2013 07:45am
spif888

(25-02-2013 07:45am)BA74 Wrote:  This looks awesome!
Can you please give us some more info about the process to apply?
How does it go durability wise and washing?
Did a quick search and love how it can be peeled off.
Love the gloss black idea. If easy definitely doing!

The process is surprisingly easy - even for me. There are probably more efficient methods but this is what I did.

I took off each wheel indivivdually, taped the inside of the wheel, cleaned the wheel of brake dust and sprayed multiple coats on each wheel. I waited about 10 minutes between each coat. The trick is to apply lots of light layers and not to spray the first coat to heavy. There are lots of videos on youtube offering tricks and tips on the best methods to apply the plasti dip.

Sumatra Black 5 Door Pure auto TD4, 19 inch style 5 wheels, Tech Pack, Panoramic Roof and Ebony Interior with Ebony Headlining. Tinted windows & Tread Plates. Black Grille, Side Vents and Rear Trim
Collected: 31 January 2012
25-02-2013 09:55pm
Barneyridge

looks good Spif

25-02-2013 10:24pm
BA74

Thanks Spif
Let me know how you go cleaning them as well.
I have the same wheels as you and they are a ?!$& to clean as is!
Think I will give this a try. Have heard you can apply Glossifier to make the Matt black glossy as well?

Gone - Range Rover Evoque - Si4 Pure - 5 Door Fuji White
26-02-2013 01:54am