Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Pictures of Brisbane's latest Evoque
Barneyridge

RE: Pictures of Brisbane's latest Evoque

Nice, is that legal ??? I got 15% on front to match the rear privacy glass, which is illegal Smile

Pure TD4, Fiji, Auto, Pan Roof + Extras - Delivered Very Happy
13-05-2012 09:54am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
spif888

(13-05-2012 09:54am)Barneyridge Wrote:  Nice, is that legal ??? I got 15% on front to match the rear privacy glass, which is illegal Smile

Hey Barney

I added a filter to picture 2 (for dramatic effect), so it looks a lot darker in the photo than in reality. Photo 3 is a truer image of what the tint looks like in the real world. BTW, it a 35% tint from Tint a Car - very legal!

Sumatra Black 5 Door Pure auto TD4, 19 inch style 5 wheels, Tech Pack, Panoramic Roof and Ebony Interior with Ebony Headlining. Tinted windows & Tread Plates. Black Grille, Side Vents and Rear Trim
Collected: 31 January 2012
13-05-2012 10:19am
smayo

In the UK, the front side windows can only have a maximum 30% tint.

Ordered 17/2/12 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5dr, Mauritius Blue, Pan roof, 20" style 6 (gloss black), Vortex, Ebony Headlining, Ent Pack, Heated St. Wheel, Homelink, Pr Glass, Auto Dim r.view mirror, spare wheel
13-05-2012 08:31pm
Barneyridge

Spif, touch wood no one has picked up mine yep. At night I don't have any problem seeing out etc, but it is illegal.

Samyo, in Australia I think it is 35%, so my 15% (which matched the factory rear privacy glass option) is a little illegal Cool

Pure TD4, Fiji, Auto, Pan Roof + Extras - Delivered Very Happy
14-05-2012 09:52am
headturner

nice..looks almost as good as mine Wink

Shocked santorini black|metallic paint|pana roof|19" style 5|tech pack|clear view|reverse camera & parking aid|tints|protection|Wink loving the DRIVE
15-05-2012 01:04am
chiggy

(12-05-2012 11:43pm)spif888 Wrote:  I finally got the windows tinted. After much deliberation, I went to Tint a Car and had the Octane tint fitted. Original quote was over $500 (way over the top), finally paid $430, which was probably still to high. However, the final result was worth it

[b]Before

[b]After

looks great!

I got mine done at Tintacar recently too! but put on the Formula 1 tint... not as dark as the Octane but I didn't want to go too dark either. Cost me $425 as well. I did call about 20 different Tintacar locations to get the best price though.

Evoque Round 2: Fuji Si4 Dynamic - 5dr. Pursuit interior. Dynamic Tech Pack. Adaptive Xenons. 19in Standard Alloy wheels. Twisted Evil
Contrast black roof (to be painted soon). (Previously a Firenze Pure owner - still my favourite colour Wink)
(This post was last modified: 15-05-2012 02:37am by chiggy.)
15-05-2012 02:37am
spif888

My latest modifcation.

Vinyl wrapped the silver trim on the side and on the rear. It only cost $200 which was way cheaper than the $800 it was going to cost to respray the pieces of plastic. I considered ordering the pieces from the UK (like the front grill) but the prices are crazy - around $200 just for the side vents for 1 side of the car.

Next mod - change the lettering

Sumatra Black 5 Door Pure auto TD4, 19 inch style 5 wheels, Tech Pack, Panoramic Roof and Ebony Interior with Ebony Headlining. Tinted windows & Tread Plates. Black Grille, Side Vents and Rear Trim
18-05-2012 01:01pm
headturner

(18-05-2012 01:01pm)spif888 Wrote:  My latest modifcation.

Vinyl wrapped the silver trim on the side and on the rear. It only cost $200 which was way cheaper than the $800 it was going to cost to respray the pieces of plastic. I considered ordering the pieces from the UK (like the front grill) but the prices are crazy - around $200 just for the side vents for 1 side of the car.

Next mod - change the lettering

the silver trim looked better

Shocked santorini black|metallic paint|pana roof|19" style 5|tech pack|clear view|reverse camera & parking aid|tints|protection|Wink loving the DRIVE
20-05-2012 12:47pm
spif888

I had my Evoque detailed today with Swissvac. I used a local detailer here in Cleveland, Brisbane. Unfortunately my digital camera can't do the job justice or maybe its just my photo taking skills. Anyway, 3 photos taken earlier.

24-07-2012 09:42am
chiggy

I can see your reflection in the last picture - that's usually a good sign.

Evoque Round 2: Fuji Si4 Dynamic - 5dr. Pursuit interior. Dynamic Tech Pack. Adaptive Xenons. 19in Standard Alloy wheels. Twisted Evil
Contrast black roof (to be painted soon). (Previously a Firenze Pure owner - still my favourite colour Wink)
24-07-2012 10:32am