Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Picked it up on Wednesday!!!!!
13EVOQ

Picked it up on Wednesday!!!!!

Exciting. Picked up my evoque 2 days ago. After 6 months contemplation and 4 months waiting for it to arrive I am excited. To say the least.

Pure with tech pack in Fuji White.

I guess I could post a bucket load of things but wanted to focus on some of the things that were worrying me in the lead up. Have done 1000 klms in 2 days. Half of that getting home from the dealer.... What a nice drive home.

1. Dealer service and readiness of the car was faultless.

2. Fuel economy 7.7 litres per 100k (approx 32mpg for the foreigners). A mix of highway and city driving. Considering some of the mpg horror stories I have read I am very pleased with this. Ps. I calculated this using actual figures after fill. For the record my manual calculation based on exact fuel use matched the trip computer perfectly.

3. No faults or rattles.

4. The windscreen (not heated as this is not required in Australia) has a small section where e solar film is cut out perfectly placed for the toll tag which works perfectly.

5. Garmin portable gps signal seems to work fine.

6. Corporate program was easy to sign up for. Just took my work I'd badge and a letter confirming my employment and was good to go. In Australia this means 3 year/100,000 free services.

7. The comfort and drive is as good as I expected.

8. I will never tire of the way it looks, feels, drives and handles. I am hoping that the reliability holds up. Coming from a mazda it's a step up in comfort and style but the mazda's reliability was 11/10. Here's hoping.

Evoque experience to date 10/10
01-11-2013 10:41am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Mark^^

RE: Picked it up on Wednesday!!!!!

congratulations on your new car

Fuji White Dynamic SD4 – auto, with Energy interior and pano roof.
01-11-2013 12:09pm
13EVOQ

(01-11-2013 12:09pm)Mark^^ Wrote:  congratulations on your new car

Thanks. I bet the sd4 is good to drive. Decided probably best not to even test drove one given the budget.
05-11-2013 09:20am
Mark^^

Yes I am enjoying the SD4, I test drove the TD4 and SD4 in both auto and manual and like them all.

The Evoque replaced a MY10 Subaru Liberty GT, so I was used to driving a go fast sports model. I must admit that the driving performance between the two in not all that great, as the SD4 has plenty of grunt and the suspension is not a lot different. The big difference is the Evoque goes to places I would cringe at thinking about driving the Liberty, given how low it sat.

Fuji White Dynamic SD4 – auto, with Energy interior and pano roof.
05-11-2013 10:26am
barks

Congrats, where abouts in Oz are you? How about some pics?

2012 SD4 Pure Orkney Grey, Almond Espresso Interior, Tech Pack, Clear View Pack, Style 6 Wheels, Heated Seats, Rear Cam, pano Roof.
06-11-2013 01:23am