Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Picked her up yesterday
Obsidian

Picked her up yesterday

So excited. Finally, after ordering on 1 September, I collected my new Evoque yesterday.

24 miles on the clock, so at the upper end of delivery mileage. Car well prepared although a couple of very minor scratches on the shiny plastic door trim which I presume the prep guys did during PDI. Everything else perfect.

Not a single rattle, squeak or groan so far. Car seems absolutely perfect. It's the nine speed with the petrol engine and I have to say, it's simply stunning. The performance is far better than I expected, it handles brilliantly, the ride is great, smoothing out the road imperfections and the interior is such a nice place to be. The gearbox is so eager to change, revs freely and helps to propel the car with a turn of speed that surprises me and other drivers! Fun, fun and more fun!

The dealer loaned me a Freelander for a couple of weeks while I was waiting for delayed delivery. I liked that too but the Evoque is just beautiful. I have the dualview screen as part of the lux package and the image is poor compared to the non dualview on the Freelander but I'm sure the other half will enjoy the TV!

I have this car for 9 months now; it will be replaced with a new MY15 Sport on September 1st 2014 and I have to finalise that order in a couple of months time. I may just regret that because first impressions of the Evoque are that it is simply stunning.

One picture attached which I briefly took at the shopping centre today. I managed to find a spot away from all the other Christmas shoppers to protect her from scratches, dings and dents...

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

08-12-2013 10:10pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SebM

RE: Picked her up yesterday

Congrats !!

Actually : '04 Lotus Elise Mk2 111 & '11 Land Rover Defender 90 SW RAW
11-12-2013 03:43pm
KaDargo

(08-12-2013 10:10pm)Obsidian Wrote:  So excited. Finally, after ordering on 1 September, I collected my new Evoque yesterday.

24 miles on the clock, so at the upper end of delivery mileage. Car well prepared although a couple of very minor scratches on the shiny plastic door trim which I presume the prep guys did during PDI. Everything else perfect.

Not a single rattle, squeak or groan so far. Car seems absolutely perfect. It's the nine speed with the petrol engine and I have to say, it's simply stunning. The performance is far better than I expected, it handles brilliantly, the ride is great, smoothing out the road imperfections and the interior is such a nice place to be. The gearbox is so eager to change, revs freely and helps to propel the car with a turn of speed that surprises me and other drivers! Fun, fun and more fun!

The dealer loaned me a Freelander for a couple of weeks while I was waiting for delayed delivery. I liked that too but the Evoque is just beautiful. I have the dualview screen as part of the lux package and the image is poor compared to the non dualview on the Freelander but I'm sure the other half will enjoy the TV!

I have this car for 9 months now; it will be replaced with a new MY15 Sport on September 1st 2014 and I have to finalise that order in a couple of months time. I may just regret that because first impressions of the Evoque are that it is simply stunning.

One picture attached which I briefly took at the shopping centre today. I managed to find a spot away from all the other Christmas shoppers to protect her from scratches, dings and dents...

Those 'dings & dents' won't be far away! Twisted Evil

SD4 Prestige, Mauritius, Element, Cirrus Headlining, Pana Roof, Park Assist, Heated Steering Wheel,Blind Spot monitor, 20" Alloys, Powered Tailgate
11-12-2013 03:45pm
The Valeter

Nice Evoque. Best way to avoid ignorant Supermarket parkers is to go there like I do late in the evening.

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
11-12-2013 11:18pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
sco77harris

Can we get some more pictures?
12-12-2013 02:14pm