Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Photo - BBR overlay on Freelander 2.
Firebird

Photo - BBR overlay on Freelander 2.

Hi guys, was driving home today and a Freelander 2 passed me and for the first time I thought, hang on why have I not done a comparison with the Evoque. The wheelbase is identical so scaling an image is easy and make it extremely accurate. Only issue I had was I could not find a side on picture of a Freelander with 20" wheels.

As you can see they are almost identical if you take in to account the 145mm length difference is the bumpers on the Freelander, 4500 vs 4355mm.

When you read the spec's for the FL2 that are almost identical to the BBR, six speed auto, only thing that is slightly bigger is the Wheel track front and rear on the BBR which makes me think the width 1894mm on wiki may be wrong as the FL2 is 2005mm (mirrors folded). Other spec's that match are wading depth at 500mm, Rear seats down is 1570mm vs 1580mm on BBR and the rear doors line up in the comparison photo. Interestingly the FL2 states 915mm Seats up, we can therefore assume that the BBR will be similar. The LR2 has 755L loadspace seats up vs 575L on the BBR but the BBR has a raked rear window so that is most probably the difference, seats down it is 1670 vs 1445L so again the extra roof height could count for this.

So off to the dealership to take a FL2 for a drive, that should at least give me an idea of the ride etc.

Cheers

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

29-01-2011 04:15am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
LP

RE: Photo - BBR overlay on Freelander 2.

Thanks for this.

My wife and I test drove a freelander a couple of weeks ago because she was worried the Evoque will be too big and I wanted to get an idea of how quick the 190ps auto diesel will be.

The chap at the dealership said that the ride in the Evoque would be more 'car like' than the freelander.
29-01-2011 09:27am
Urban Splash

I thought boot capacity of Freelander is 405L?

Delivered: Evoque 5 door Prestige SD4 Auto 4WD, Orkney Grey, Fixed Panoramic Roof, Ivory Headliner, Vibe Interior, Spare wheel, 20" Chrome Shadow Style 7
29-01-2011 10:59am
Firebird

(29-01-2011 10:59am)Urban Splash Wrote:  I thought boot capacity of Freelander is 405L?

Straight out of the brochure.

Luggage Capacity
Load space length behind
Rear seats folded 1,570mm
Rear seats up 915mm
Width 1,245mm
Height 885mm
Load space volume behind
Rear seats folded 1,670 litres
Rear seats up 755 litres

Cheers
(29-01-2011 09:27am)LP Wrote:  Thanks for this.

My wife and I test drove a freelander a couple of weeks ago because she was worried the Evoque will be too big and I wanted to get an idea of how quick the 190ps auto diesel will be.

The chap at the dealership said that the ride in the Evoque would be more 'car like' than the freelander.

I was told the same plus the equipment list of the Range Rover Evoque 5-door will include Adaptive Dynamics featuring MagneRide and the Land Rover Terrain Response.

MagnaRide is optional but will allow you to set the ride to comfort, Normal and Sport I believe.

Will be putting down a deposit for either the Prestige or the Dynamic next week. Only question now is Firenze Red or Barola Black. Seen Barola Black today but it was not in the sun so will wait till I can see it in the sun before I decide.

Cheers
(This post was last modified: 29-01-2011 01:04pm by Firebird.)
29-01-2011 12:37pm