Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Petrol vs diesel
leaf911

RE: Petrol vs diesel

Well my husband often asks about the torque when we go to the showrooms, so i guess that would be an important factor for him. I will mention the magnetic dampers. Never heard of them though... I am sure he will explain to me.

By the way,.. Slightly off topic here, but is it worth investing in the xenons? I love the evoque lights. Also, are there different versions of xenon lights? Cheers.
05-12-2012 07:56am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PhilSkill

(05-12-2012 07:56am)leaf911 Wrote:  Well my husband often asks about the torque when we go to the showrooms, so i guess that would be an important factor for him. I will mention the magnetic dampers. Never heard of them though... I am sure he will explain to me.

By the way,.. Slightly off topic here, but is it worth investing in the xenons? I love the evoque lights. Also, are there different versions of xenon lights? Cheers.

Xenons yes... in my view they are sooo much better than Halogens, and you get the signature lights which you don't with halogens. There are 2 types of Xenons, Standard and Adaptive, Adaptive turn left and right with steering.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
05-12-2012 09:49am
Evo-king

There will be a number of specification differences between a UK model and a Oz model.

In the UK we only get a Petrol version in the Dynamic Si4 and auto only, whereas you get a petrol version of the Pure.

Having test driven the Diesel SD4 and Petrol Si4. We felt the Petrol was too revvy and a touch noisy, whereas the diesel just had oodles of grunt, a personal opinion I know.

Magnetic Damping is standard on the Dynamic in the UK and an option on the Prestige, some love it some hate it. I use it a lot on out of town roads, like the ride it offers.

Philskill has explained the Xenons, quite simply, it is as the styling exercise goes, the xenons get the signature leds, which is a major styling design element of the Evoque.

To be honest there is no substitute for having a back to back test drive in both models, do it if you can.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
05-12-2012 10:41pm
leaf911

The sound the car makes is pretty important to my husband. Don't get me wrong, my husband is not a revhead. Lol. However, he does like the sound a sport car sounds when it revs, and feels that the diesel is way too noisy in the wrong kinda way, and not so, in the right kinda way, if that makes sense.

When i asked him to rate the drive in his current car - a 200sx spec R turbo, he rated it a 9/10. But only rated the Si4 a 6/10. Really, this is the car that is really for me... MY dream car. If it wasn't for money and practicallity, i think he would love to own another lotus elise. I was never an SUV kind of person, until i saw the Evoque, and it changed all that. The only thing i would change if i could is the boot space, but happy to live with it, as the kids are a little older now.

As for the lights... I think the xenons are pretty important, especiallt the signature LED. It is the thing that really makes the Evoque stands out - like looking at someone's eyes, it looks into the soul of the evoque, and i feel it would not be the same without the xenons. For an extra just under $300, I guess it would make more sense to get the clearview pack than just the xenons pack itself. I don't think having the adaptive xenons are too important.

Oh another thing i will have to get used to, are the indicators on the left of the steering wheel, instaed of it being on the right. Lol.
06-12-2012 02:37am
speary

For me the SD4 sounds pretty good when pushed hard and is also quite quick now it has a few miles under its belt. Remember, this is not a sports car, its a classy SUV

Pure Coupe SD4 Manual; Fuji White; 19" style 5 wheels; Addaptive Xenons; Auto Lights, Wipers and Rear Mirror; Folding mirrors with cool puddle lights. Magnoflow Exhaust finishers
06-12-2012 09:09am