Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Personal Plates - Nice or Nonce?
Pete

RE: Personal Plates - Nice or Nonce?

Yeah, I guess you have to wait for the V5C to come through so you have the reference numbers.

Interesting plate. Mine's going to be a bit more normal. I won't be putting a photo up in case someone decides to impersonate my car and drive around uninsured and put the blame on me.

Porsche Macan
27-05-2016 03:45pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
xz4

(27-05-2016 03:45pm)Pete Wrote:  Yeah, I guess you have to wait for the V5C to come through so you have the reference numbers.

Interesting plate. Mine's going to be a bit more normal. I won't be putting a photo up in case someone decides to impersonate my car and drive around uninsured and put the blame on me.

Thanks. Don't have to wait for the V5C. It can be done with the V5C/2 new keeper suppliment. It was bought in a moment of madness through a DVLA online auction. Bought it then thought " Oh $hit ". To late by then as they had it on my credit card Shocked. Glad I bought it though.

MY16 HSE Dynamic Lux, Indus Silver, Black Leather, Black Pack, Head up display, Self park pack, 22" Overfinch wheels. Love it
(This post was last modified: 27-05-2016 03:51pm by xz4.)
27-05-2016 03:49pm
Pete

So you should be ok to transfer the reg plate onto the new vehicle on the internet then...?

Porsche Macan
27-05-2016 03:53pm
xz4

Thanks but I tried online but is told me I had to post to DVLA. Should only take a few days though. I'll check every day to see if it's done. Then plates on , not waiting for the paperwork to arrive. If it says online it's done that's good enough for me. Taking it off the Z4 only took 4 days.

MY16 HSE Dynamic Lux, Indus Silver, Black Leather, Black Pack, Head up display, Self park pack, 22" Overfinch wheels. Love it
27-05-2016 04:07pm
Pete

Aha. Alright then. Hope mine is more straightforward.

Porsche Macan
27-05-2016 04:11pm
xz4

(27-05-2016 04:11pm)Pete Wrote:  Aha. Alright then. Hope mine is more straightforward.

Don't worry. It was straight forward. Just downloaded 2 forms from the DVLA website ( one to transfer the number and one to apply for a new V5. No idea why you need to apply for a new V5 as they will send one anyway but seemingly you have to as a new keeper. Filled them in and posted to them recorded delivery. Just a waiting game now.

27-05-2016 04:15pm
Pete

I'll try the online method later on when I get home. As long as I do it before 6, I should be ok.

Porsche Macan
27-05-2016 04:20pm
xz4

Fingers crossed it works for you. I've no idea why it wouldn't let me as I've done it before.

I think some people like personal numbers and others wouldn't "waste" their money. I belong to the like them camp. Got another cheaper plate on my van. Only paid £95 for it 20 years ago.

[Image: VAN%20-%20JULY%202015%201.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 27-05-2016 04:28pm by xz4.)
27-05-2016 04:23pm
Pete

All sorted out just fine. DVLA website was a breeze, insurance was fine, but the charged me £25 "administration charge".

Plates are on, car washed and waxed, all good.

Porsche Macan
30-05-2016 07:02pm
xz4

Never heard of the £25 admin charge. Mine was just the £80 transfer fee. Did you buy the number plate from a dealer ? If you did the £25 will be to change from the previous owner to your name.

30-05-2016 07:15pm