Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Peeled Black Gloss Trim
tintin_57

RE: Peeled Black Gloss Trim

To update. My local dealer agreed its a badly fitting trim so they are taking it in next week to take it off and adjust it and having it repainted where its rubbed off by a company they use. So hopefully will be ok.
22-08-2012 03:53pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
tintin_57

Well they did a really bad job. Looks like they just used a paint stick to go over where its rubbed! No way a professional auto painter did it. Hopping mad really. I complained and have now had to book it in another day. This will be the last chance they get before I call customer services direct.

This time I have asked for the gloss trim to be replaced. Haven't much confidence in them at the moment but lets see.
02-09-2012 06:35pm
tintin_57

[attachment=2942]To update the thread, the dealer replaced the trim at the top of the door and the one on the left about 2 weeks ago.

On cleaning I have now noticed a kink in the trim at the bottom. Appears to me that in replacing the left pillar they have pulled the bottom trim out on the left side which has bent it. Looks like I am going back in again.

In amongst this job I already had the drivers side tail light housing replaced as it started to have what looked like small strain cracks appearing in the middle.

Lots of little niggles so far

Photo of the trim hopefully attached
21-10-2012 05:59pm