Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Pauses between tracks - CD or USB
kkzt190

Hi

Have noticed a really annoying 'feature' on the 380W Meridian system (without Nav if that makes any difference); The system puts in a pause between tracks - really annoying if listening to a live recording or a mixed CD with tracks flowing from one to another.

This happens on both CDs and CDs transferred to USB. It's not something I've heard since the early CD players. Certainly recent cars that I've had have simply played one track in to the next withouot a pause.

Is this the same on all RRE systems or peculiar to the non Nav Meridian 380W?

Firenze SD4 Dynamic (with AD) ordered Oct 2011, arrived Apr 2012
20-05-2012 07:34pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
3V0QU3

It is the same on the 8?0w system as well, but I have never known a system not leave a gap.

Orkney Grey 5 Door Prestige Lux + AD + Black Roof Lining + Heated Steering Wheel
Arrived 27/03/12
Very Happy
20-05-2012 07:42pm
simonc

RE: Pauses between tracks - CD or USB

Not actually tried playing a CD with follow-on tracks, but iPod (well iPhone) certainly works with gapless playback.

Dynamic Si4 5dr Orkney Grey, Black Pano, Vortex + Ebony, Keyless Entry, Spare Wheel
Collected 12th March 2012
22-05-2012 10:46pm
tripletreiber

Hi,
my 380w System shows the same, 1 sec. gap between the tracks while playing CD... i´ve use CD players since 1991.. never had this gap before.... unbelievable.

[Image: 536437_41.png] Shocked
29-05-2013 05:32am
jjgray

My system is MY13 SD4 Pure Tech Manual, 3?0W with Nav, and plays CDs gorgeously without breaks. (See also thread "Bad Meridian Sound").

If you can't remove the breaks by menu options I'd say it is truly inexcusable for a supposed high-end audio system.
(This post was last modified: 30-05-2013 12:36am by jjgray.)
30-05-2013 12:36am
Rootsboy

so does this problem appear to only be happening with older cars then, pre 2013? i have sent emails to both the Spanish and U.K. customer care department, but have never had a response from them about it.

SD4 Prestige 5 Door Manual. Fuji White. 20" Style 6 Wheels. Vibe-Ebony Interior and Header. Panoramic Roof. AD. Privacy and Solar Attenuating Glass. Surround Camera, Heated Seats. Pollution Sensor. Rear Vents. 825W Sound and a Spare Wheel
01-06-2013 02:49pm
Rootsboy

i had my car in the garage today, and while they were trying to fix wind noise issues from the wing mirror. i went to have a listen to some of the sound systems, in a couple of the cars in the show room.
there was both a basic system (the one with the tiny touch screen). and a 380w system, i tried 2 different original cd's in both systems.
the basic system played the cd's without inserting gaps between the tracks. but the 380w system, like my 825w system placed gaps in-between that tracks.
even though i have mentioned there is a problem many times to the garage and both the U.K. and Spanish customer care, they have never come back with a answer to this issue.
i will re-complain now that i find the cheep version of the system plays cd's as they are meant to be heard unlike the more expensive systems.

SD4 Prestige 5 Door Manual. Fuji White. 20" Style 6 Wheels. Vibe-Ebony Interior and Header. Panoramic Roof. AD. Privacy and Solar Attenuating Glass. Surround Camera, Heated Seats. Pollution Sensor. Rear Vents. 825W Sound and a Spare Wheel
06-08-2013 06:52pm
Rootsboy

Did Anyone else mange to resolve this issue with their dealer? the last attempt i had, the only thing they did was a system reset. that did not work. i will put the car back to the dealer in the next few weeks to see if they can do better.

13-06-2014 09:12pm