Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Passenger window not working properly ( resetting procedure does not fix ) RESOLVED
westiebj

Passenger window not working properly ( resetting procedure does not fix ) RESOLVED

Hi
I have an MY 2012 Dynamic Evoque Coupe and have a problem with the passenger window
When attempting to raise or lower the window it requires multiple presses of the switch to complete
It will raise/descend aprox 30mm and then stop. (movement is smooth and not sluggish) Another press of switch is required to continue and the same sequence is repeated until fully open / closed
The reset procedure described elsewhere to "reprogramme" does not resolve this
I have seen this issue posted by other owners on this forum, and others, but no fix has been suggested
Does anyone have any ideas / suggestions ?
Many thanks
(This post was last modified: 17-12-2017 09:53pm by westiebj.)
20-11-2017 06:35pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
westiebj

RE: Passenger window not working properly ( resetting procedure does not fix )

All

Just thought I would give an update on this in case someone else experiences this in the future

First thing I did was check all connections, and unplugged, replugged all connectors as recommended in SSM 70498 .. Window Regulator Issue Checks

Unfortunately no improvement

I then invested in an iCarsoft LV 1.0 diagnostic tool and pulled up the following error code :-
B1189 .. Front Window Position Sensor - Signal invalid

Using the DTC tables on Topix this indicated a problem with motor / regulator

So I replaced the complete regulator assembly including motor with a new old stock item on Ebay (£40)

Solved ... now have a fully working window ... very happy
05-12-2017 07:56pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply