Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Parking aid broken?
Tulabb

Parking aid broken?

Been driving my 62 plate manual for around 6 months now with no problems.

This evening when I put the car in reverse the parking aid / camera stopped working and a message popped up asking me to consult my dealer.

This is a big problem for me...I can't park without the camera!!

Anyone else experienced the same problem and if so was it easy / quick fix?

Any ideas what the problem maybe?

Not sure of there is any point in taking it to the dealers tomorrow since its BH the work shop is likely to be closed.

I Hope they can do a fix while I wait on tue because I have tight parking spot at work and Iam not risking it!!!

Thanks
26-05-2013 11:19pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PhilSkill

RE: Parking aid broken?

There's been issues with water getting into the rear cameras and being replaced under warranty

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
26-05-2013 11:26pm
Tulabb

(26-05-2013 11:26pm)PhilSkill Wrote:  There's been issues with water getting into the rear cameras and being replaced under warranty

Thanks for the reply. strange thing is my cars been parked in the underground car park in our apartment since Friday so Iam not sure if its that.

What ever the problem just hope it's a 1 day quick fix!
26-05-2013 11:29pm
PhilSkill

Good luck getting it sorted quickly on Tuesday.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
26-05-2013 11:38pm
The Valeter

May I ask you why you can't park it without the camera?

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
27-05-2013 12:25am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Tulabb

(27-05-2013 12:25am)The Valeter Wrote:  May I ask you why you can't park it without the camera?

Haha because Iam crap at parking....my other hubby has no problems just me and Iam the one who uses the car for the daily commute to work.
27-05-2013 12:29am
The Valeter

(27-05-2013 12:29am)Tulabb Wrote:  Haha because Iam crap at parking....my other hubby has no problems just me and Iam the one who uses the car for the daily commute to work.

Ohh,, I see. I did wonder if that was the case but didn't like to say lol. How many Hubby's do you have Shocked?
Regarding parking I once has to reverse a 39 foot long coach full of passengers into a hotel yard that was entered under an arch with only about 2-4 inches to pare either side of the vehicle & only had the side mirrors to see with ( no sensors or cameras). You just got used to the length.
I got a round of applause once parked as it wasn't easy!

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
27-05-2013 01:11am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Tulabb

(27-05-2013 01:11am)The Valeter Wrote:  Ohh,, I see. I did wonder if that was the case but didn't like to say lol. How many Hubby's do you have Shocked?
Regarding parking I once has to reverse a 39 foot long coach full of passengers into a hotel yard that was entered under an arch with only about 2-4 inches to pare either side of the vehicle & only had the side mirrors to see with ( no sensors or cameras). You just got used to the length.
I got a round of applause once parked as it wasn't easy!

Just re read my msg and laughed at "my other hubby" ops!

Just so use to the camera when I reverse etc... Being short doesn't help. I don't even know where the front and back ends!!

So I called up hunters (closest to me) to see if I can get booked in tomorrow and I was told they don't have access to workshop bookings and to call back tomorrow which was ok.

The salesman told me to put it in reverse gear a few times and the camera screen may come back on!!! Told him even if it does it would still need looking into...then my next question was - I assume this would be covered in warranty and the response was - I should think so!!!!
(This post was last modified: 27-05-2013 10:21am by Tulabb.)
27-05-2013 09:52am
PhilSkill

I had to select First and move forwards a fraction before my Reverse Camera would come on today, but it did not show a message so think it'll be a camera failure rather than the slow software fault many mention on here.

27-05-2013 06:47pm
Tulabb

(27-05-2013 06:47pm)PhilSkill Wrote:  I had to select First and move forwards a fraction before my Reverse Camera would come on today, but it did not show a message so think it'll be a camera failure rather than the slow software fault many mention on here.

So after calling hunters I decided to call my original dealer guy salmon and they suggested to call Land rover assist. Gave them a call and the engineer arrived 15 min later, plugged he PC in and he can see the fault logged. BUT the camera started working again - typical! he thinks it might a loose wiring or the batt was running low so it starts cutting less important things out when the car is running. Got a form to take into the dealers tomorrow for a further check.

So...do I go back to useless hunters (5 min drive) or back to original dealer guy salmon (30 min drive)....
27-05-2013 06:54pm